|A most terrible man to behold. His physique is all twisted and disfigured as of by some awful accident. He carries a deadly and cruel chainsaw which he wields with devastating violence, seemingly imbuing him with a superhuman speed for a while. His advantage is also a weakness as the loud noise can give away his position. So I have tried to heighten my sense of sound. Honing in on any sound that is not stemming from nature.|
|~ 贝内迪克特·贝克日记，1896年11月 on 电锯杀手|
|115% | 4.6米/秒|
|230% | 9.2米/秒(电锯冲刺)|
- 耐力持久 —— 30级解锁
- 光明之眼 —— 35级解锁
- 工匠 —— 40级解锁
“這些怪物……他們適應了！他們有了奇怪的新能力。” — 維戈的日記
“邪惡的殺手能化腐朽為神奇。製作出的工具用來以新奇的方式凌虐我們。” — 筆記本
The Hammer is the primary weapon of the Hillbilly. The cattle hammer deals a sharp blow to the skull as the most effective manner of slaughter.
- When he gets a successful hit, the Hillbilly twists the hammer into the air, making sure he'll use the other side of the hammer at the next hit, so the blood can drip off of it.
- 每項電鋸行動 (啟動電鋸、電鋸暖機以及電鋸衝刺) 都會導致過熱條增加。
- In the lore, the Hillbilly is described as an unnamed child, the Artbook however revealed his first name being the same as his father's.
- His full name is thus Max Thompson Jr.
- In the game files, the Hillbilly's avatar image is called iconChar_theCrooked.png.
- Character reveal for the Hillbilly.
- Affiliated with the maps of Coldwind Farm in the mythos.
- Possibly based off Leatherface, with both having similarly disfigured faces and wielding Hammers and Chainsaws. The Hillbilly may also be based on Victor Crowley from the movie Hatchet as they were both born with deformities and were hidden by a parent however Victor's father actually cared for him whereas The Hillbilly's parents did not.
- According to the Manual, this character killed his parents - but the site contradicts itself on whether or not their bodies were found. In the "Coldwind Farm" Lore, it says: "...remains were discovered in the basement. Both from Mr. and Mrs. Adams together with livestock." But in Hillbilly's description, it reads: "they never found the bodies of Max and Evelyn, but they did find tortured and disemboweled animals, all over the farm."
- Benedict Baker's journal entry makes little sense as the first handheld chainsaw was invented in 1918 and thus a man from 1896 should not know what it is.
- The Hillbilly was the first Killer with an ability that allowed him to instantly put a survivor into the dying state.
- The Hillbilly limps when he walks and hunches over when he stands. However, when breaking a pallet, his posture is completely straight.
- The Hillbilly's breathing, like that of The Wraith , is very congested but more muffled and less sharp.
- The Hillbilly is one of three Killers that can instantly put Survivors into the Dying State without any Perks or Add-ons . The other two Killers being The Shape and The Cannibal .
- The Hillbilly is one of 0 Killer with glowing eyes, the others being The Wraith and The Doctor .
Main article: Hints
- Your secondary action sends you into a sprinting rage. Any successful hit instantly sends the victim into the dying state.
- You can tap the secondary action to keep it almost full and use it exactly when you need to.
- If you stop revving your chainsaw, it will keep making sound while the amount of rev gets depleted back to 0%.
- Every time you rev your chainsaw, you audibly give away your position on the whole map. Use your secondary wisely.
- Your secondary action may also mask the sounds of survivors, (breathing, injured, footsteps,) and generally revving it up constantly should be kept for catching survivors around corners or windows.
- Your secondary action causes you to sprint much faster than walking if you hold the secondary action button down, and when you release, you launch the chainsaw's attack.
- The sprint can be used as long as you hold down the secondary action button until you run into a wall or object.
- Remember to use the chainsaw sprint to move around maps quickly, or to gain distance on a survivor before using the chainsaw's attack. Keep in mind the chainsaw is loud and gives away your position while you use it.
- The chainsaw is capable to destroying dropped barricades in half the normal time of destroying them. However, the chainsaw will not destroy it when right next to the barricade, and a few meters of distance is necessary.
- Although using the chainsaw to destroy barricades is much faster, the time it takes to rev up the chainsaw and the brief stun on destroying a barricade will take longer than simply breaking it by hand. This method of destruction is preferable in tight chase, where time spent looking at the ground is crucial and the quicker barricade destruction will benefit you.
- In the first few seconds of charging with the chainsaw, you are slightly slower but you have far more control over your turning. As you keep going, however, your movement becomes less responsive.
- You don't necessarily have to use the chainsaw charge to hit survivors. It's a great way to travel quickly through the map, patrolling many generators far away from each other.
- You'd be surprised as to how the chainsaw's sound alone can make survivors nervous, causing them to fail skill checks and generate noise.
- You can cancel the chainsaw's sprint by prematurely "attacking." This ensures that you won't run into an obstacle and stun yourself, or to stop right next to a survivor who has turned the other way.
- The longer your sprint, the longer your stun will be.