|Voice Actor||Ricardo Gomez (BHVR)|
He was introduced with CHAPTER 3.5: Left Behind, an originally PC-exclusive Half-Chapter DLC released on 8 March 2017.
He originates from the 2008 zombie-shooter Game, Left 4 Dead.
Bill Overbeck is an old Soldier, accustomed to dealing with critical situations.
He is tough as nails and knows how to survive just about anything. He'll do whatever it takes to help others live to see another day and he's not afraid to take one for the team.
- Additional Lore can be found in Tome VII - Forsaken: The Long Way Home.
It took two tours in Vietnam, a handful of medals, a knee full of shrapnel, and an honourable discharge to get William "Bill" Overbeck to stop fighting and try to live a peaceful life. He hated it. After decades spent drifting aimlessly through dead end jobs, Bill went in for a routine surgery and woke up to find the world he knew was gone. A plague was turning normal people into mindless killing machines. Naturally, the first thing he did was fight his way home and put on his uniform. Making his way through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests, he found other Survivors, and together they fled from the infected hordes. In the end, Bill sacrificed himself to ensure their safety. His body was never found. Bill was left for dead. No one knows that he still has the only thing he ever wanted: an enemy to fight.
Bill comes with 3 Perks that are unique to him:
You are fuelled with an unexpected energy when saving an Ally from a Hook.
For 8/10/12 seconds after unhooking a Survivor, the unhooked Survivor is protected by the Endurance Status Effect.
"Probably stings like hell, but it ain't gonna kill ya. Up and at 'em soldier. Time to move!" — Bill Overbeck
Past battles have taught you a thing or two about survival.
Once per Trial, you can completely recover from the Dying State.
"Goddammit, I am seriously FUBAR!" — Bill Overbeck
Progressing through Bill's Bloodweb will spawn their Teachable Variant at specific Levels:
Obtaining the Teachable Perks will unlock them to spawn in the Bloodwebs of all other Survivors.
- Main article: Achievements
There is 1 Achievement related to Bill:
|Adept Bill||Escape with Bill Overbeck using only his Unique Perks: Left Behind , Borrowed Time & Unbreakable .|
Players can choose from a variety of Cosmetic options to customise Bill:
|Merry Sacrifice||Rare||Playing hero had a cost. Wearing this ugly sweater was part of it.||Ugly Sweaters||Winter Event|
- Main article: Downloadable Content
Bill is part of 1 DLC:
- Bill received a remodel for his head in Patch 3.7.0, although his portrait and render remain unchanged.
- Although Bill did not originally appear as a playable Survivor in the Console version of Dead by Daylight, his Perks were available as general Survivor Perks, albeit with all references to him in the icon artwork and flavour texts removed.
- For instance, Unbreakable featured a random man's face in a similar pose to that of Bill on the PC version.
- On 5 July 2019, the Developers officially confirmed through Twitter that Bill would come to the Console versions via the 3.1.0 Mid-Chapter Update.
- Although Bill was voiced by Jim French in the Left 4 Dead franchise, he did not return to reprise the role in Dead by Daylight, nor was archive footage of his lines reused for Dead by Daylight.
Instead, new lines were recorded for Bill by Ricardo Gomez.
- Bill was the third licensed Character to be introduced to Dead by Daylight .
- He was the second licensed Survivor.
- In addition to Bill as a playable Survivor, the four original Survivors received Left 4 Dead cosmetics:
- Bill's first name and nickname might be a reference to a character from George A. Romero's Days of the Dead film which the character was named William "Bill" McDermott.
- Bill was the first blue-eyed male Survivor.
For more go to Bill's Gallery