The Victory Cube consisted of a set of changes to Dead by Daylight that were released on 4 July 2017.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Pre-Patch Changes
- 3 Post-Patch Changes
There were also other changes that were of lesser impact to the Game.
The Developer discussed the following changes on the Developer Stream #58:
Killer Pip System
Completely separate from the amount of gained Bloodpoints, Killers would have a new system that determined how they pipped.
Interactions with Survivors during the Trial would reward the Killer with points, up to a maximum of 4 points per Survivor. The pip thresholds would work like this:
The following interactions would grant points towards a Pip:
Memento Mori Offerings
|Icon||Name||Old Description||New Description|
|Cypress Memento Mori||Grants the ability to kill the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.||No changes would be made to the Cypress Memento Mori.|
|Ivory Memento Mori||Grants the ability to kill one Survivor by your hand during the next trial.||Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has been hooked by your hand during the next trial.|
|Ebony Memento Mori||Grants the ability to kill all Survivors by your hand during the next trial.||Grants the ability to kill all Survivors who have been hooked by your hand during the next trial.|
Brand New Part Add-on
|Icon||Old Description||New Description|
|This intricate mechanical part feels oddly out of place. It is clean and shiny as if straight out of the factory.
||This intricate mechanical part feels oddly out of place. It is clean and shiny as if straight out of the factory.
- Hex: Ruin would not affect those Skill Checks as they are Install Brand New Part Checks, not Repair Checks.
- The Doctor's Madness would affect those Skill Checks, so one would want to be prepared for that.
- Hook Stages 1 & 2 would be increased by 15 seconds to 60 seconds each, giving a bonus overall hook time of 30 seconds.
- A Survivor would still only have 3 attempts to free themselves before reaching Struggle Phase.
Hook Score Events
- Hook and Sacrifice score events were adjusted.
- Instead of getting a flat 150 Hooking points and Sacrifice points based on time hooked, the Killer would receive Hook and Sacrifice points as follows:
|Hooking||500||Hooking a Survivor|
|Hooked||200||Hooking a Survivor for the their first time|
|Entity Summoned||200||Getting a Survivor into the 2nd stage of Sacrifice|
|Sacrifice||200||Sacrificing a Survivor|
- Killers would again be able to see the Hook's aura on which they put a Survivor, but not the Survivor's own aura.
Some Score Events would be re-integrated and/or changed:
- A new old Score Event would be re-implemented: exiting a locker with the Killer nearby would grant 50 BPs.
- Originally was not implemented into the Game as there were no point caps at the time.
- The Map Scout Score Event would grant 150 BPs instead of the then 50.
- The Hex Skill Check which replaced a Great Skill Check would grant 150 BPs as well instead of the then 50.
- All altruistic Score Events would receive a 25 % bonus after powering the Exit Gates.
|Score Event||Normal Point Reward||Post-Exit Point Reward|
|Killer Grasp Rescue||1250||1565|
- This change would also affect the bonus reward of the Perk No One Left Behind .
These changes were ultimately implemented into the Game with the release of the Victory Cube:
- Killer Goals were used to calculate whether a Killer had won/lost or tied a match.
- Killers could earn a maximum of +4 Killer goals from a single Survivor, up to +16 Killer Goals in a match.
Obtaining Killer Goal Points
- Hooking: For each hook phase, you gained +1 Killer Goals.
- First time hooked +1
- Struggle +1
- Sacrifice +2 (+1 for the phase and +1 for the player's death)
- Memento Mori:
- Performing a Memento Mori on a Survivor granted +2 Killer Goals. (+ 1 for the action and +1 for the player's death)
- Bleed out: Bleeding out a Survivor granted +1 Killer Goals. (+0 for the bleed out and +1 for the player's death)
- Survivor Disconnect Loading:
- Survivors who disconnected during loading would grant Killers +2 Killer Goals each. (Killers would still be able to satisfy their Killer Goals when this happened, but as the Killer would not play against these Survivors, they were only granted half the points)
- Survivor Disconnect during Trial:
- Survivors who disconnected after 5 minutes of the trial would grant the Killer +4 Killer Goals as they would be depriving the Killer of his Killer Goals otherwise.
- Killer Disconnects:
- All Killer Goals were negated and the Killer would be awarded 0 Killer Goals.
Tally Screen Results
The number of obtained Killer Goal points at the end of the trial would determine the amount of Rank Pips a Killer earned:
- Fewer than 8 Killer Goals would result in -1 Rank Pip and the lose message
- 8 Killer Goals would result in no Rank Pip gain or loss and the message
- 9 to 15 Killer Goals would result in a +1 Rank Pip gain and the win message
- 16 Killer Goals would result in +2 Rank Pips and the win message
- Disconnecting from a Trial or Leaving a Trial would result in -2 Rank Pips
and the lose message "Disgraceful Defeat".