|Victor & Charlotte Deshayes|
Power Attack Type
|Blade of Marseille|
|115 % | 4.6 m/s (Charlotte)|
|150 % | 6.0 m/s (Victor)|
|12/14/18 metres (Victor's Shrieks;|
idle, attached, controlled)
|CHAPTER XVIII: A Binding of Kin|
|Jean-Baptiste Garnier (Victor)|
Catherine Gauthier (Charlotte)
Terror Radius Music
They were introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XVIII: A Binding of Kin, a Chapter DLC released on 1 December 2020.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Twin's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Change Log
- 9 Trivia
The Twins are a cooperative pair of Killers, able to divide and hunt together using their Power, Blood Bond.
Difficulty rating: Hard
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play them and use their Power effectively)
A pair of conjoined twins, Charlotte and Victor Deshayes formed an emotional bond like none other. The unlikeliness of their successful birth in the 17th century could be described as miraculous, yet it immediately brought about their life of persecution. The twins emerged with Victor's lower body affixed into the chest of his sister, legs twisted around her muscles and organs. He was smaller than Charlotte, grown as if he were an appendage of her body rather than a fully formed boy. As the newborns screeched, so too did the midwife who delivered them, running from the home, yelling of a demon birthed by a witch. So began the hunting of Charlotte, Victor, and their mother Madeleine.
The coming years were fleeting memories for the twins, yet they were the closest thing to a normal life they would know. The journey with their mother was what they believed all children underwent, the games of running and hiding through France's countryside being an ordinary occurrence. At the age of five, a new challenge to the game was presented as their mother fell ill. Pale and exhausted, Madeleine had no choice, but to pass responsibility of collecting food onto Charlotte. The girl, burdened under extra clothing that concealed Victor's protruding body, set out from their forest tent and marched to the nearby town. Though a peculiar sight, she did what she had been trained for, waiting for an opening at the market and swiping whatever food she could. It was a victory in the game, but one short-lived.
After midnight, glowing flames surrounded the family's encampment, bobbing through the darkness. A single commanding shout broke the night's silence and a mob of witch hunters streamed in. Grubby hands tore the twins from their bed, Charlotte frantically kicking all who approached. Madeleine cried for her children, her voice abruptly silenced by a club to her skull. Victor shrieked, the wailing of a trapped rat.
The hunters coordinated quickly. A judge on-hand declared Madeleine guilty of witchcraft, evidenced by her demon spawn. Within minutes, they shackled her unconscious body to a tree, surrounding her feet with dry twigs and moss. As she awoke, she did not struggle, only begged her children to turn away. They would be given no choice. The twins were forced to watch as the torch was lit, and they watched as flames leapt up their mother's skirt, charring and sizzling her flesh. They watched as fat dripped from her body, and her face bubbled and twisted. They watched until the screams that tore her vocal cords were no more, and all that was left was the crackling of embers and a nauseating stench.
Whatever joy and goodness were in them died with their mother. Caged and transported to an old wooden temple, they were sold to a secretive group clad in dark cloaks. Victor reacted with the ferocity of a rabid beast at any who approached, clawing and biting. The only solace that could calm him was the embrace of his sister. Charlotte, bitter and hateful to all but her brother, found purpose in being his protector.
Within the temple, they were exposed to unusual experiments — some cruel, many simply baffling. One day they would be made to break the neck of a small grey bird. The next, they would bleed their fingers into a vase of roses. Every seventh day, they would sleep with the branch of a damp oak beneath their pillow. Then there was the chanting: a never-ending chorus from cloaked figures on scheduled intervals.
In time, a final experiment was planned. Two robed figures herded the twins to the centre of the temple, holding Charlotte upon an altar in a room lit with candelabras. The wrinkled face of a man peered from under his hood, placing a hand on the forehead of each twin, making careful examination of their skulls. Memento mori, he uttered, as he withdrew a shining blade.
Charlotte rolled to her side, shifting her brother off the altar. With a screech, he stretched his arm as far as he could, knocking a candelabra to the ground. The flames took to the dry wood immediately. They swept over the floor, igniting the black robes that brushed against it. Screams of agony pierced the chaos, invigorating Charlotte. She dashed through the inferno, vision concealed with nothing, but black smoke and blazing flame. A painful heaviness filled her lungs. No exit could be found, every step leading to overwhelming heat. She fell to her knees, suffocating, and then saw it — sunlight, trees. She stumbled from the fire into dewy grass. Without looking back, she ran into the forest until she collapsed.
When Charlotte opened her eyes, she reached for Victor's hand. He made no attempt to budge. His body hung helplessly from her torso. She clasped his face, stared into his sad, still eyes. The movements she was accustomed to — his body pulling at her skin, his legs prodding at the cavity in her chest — were no more. Victor was dead.
Charlotte had no choice, but to continue moving as she mourned, fearing black cloaks and witch hunters were prowling. She concealed her brother's corpse under her clothing and marched for the sewers of a nearby city. There, she set up camp, emerging often to steal whatever food she could, resorting to raiding barns for pig slop when desperation set in. Throughout the years, Victor's corpse rotted as his limbs oozed and blackened, yet his body demonstrated resistance to complete decomposition, as if his sister's blood still coursed through him. Protecting his lifeless body became Charlotte's sole reason for being, refusing to ever be separated from the only family she had left.
Life into her teenage years was a game of survival. Her hatred for humanity grew each day under the realisation they would never leave her be. No matter how many died during her botched robberies and desperate attempts to escape, there would always be more to pursue and sling words of condemnation at her — monster, demon, witch. And it was the black cloaks who were the worst of them. Their hunt for her was unending, forcing her to constantly abandon shelter and run.
For years, Charlotte fled, drawing blood out of necessity, cradling her long-dead brother in the night. During a frigid winter, her body began to break down. Food was scarce and the refuge of rickety shacks were no use against freezing temperatures. Sickle in hand, she sheltered near her campfire in the woods, not knowing if the black cloaks would take her before the cold did. As frost crystallised around her nostrils and her lips took on a gentle blue hue, Charlotte felt something she had never experienced: acceptance. She closed her eyes, opening herself to the serenity of death when — a shriek, shrill and vicious pierced her ears. Victor spasmed and flailed from her chest, a cloud of fog encompassing him. Before she could react, he spilled from her in a bloody puddle, landing on the snow and running.
Pulling herself from the edge of death, she gave chase. Calling his name, she ran through the forest until her legs could hardly carry her, until finally, within her view, was Victor, sitting at the edge of a thick fog. His face, twisted and feral, screamed as a dark hooded figure emerged from the fog, grabbed his arm, and seized him. The serenity that had crept into Charlotte was extinguished, replaced with the seething hatred and rage she had depended on for so long. With a tight grip on her sickle, she charged into the fog, prepared to eviscerate any who set foot near her brother.
The Twin's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Twins' Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Hoarder - Level 30
- Oppression - Level 35
- Coup de Grâce - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Twins' Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
You protect what little you have and are perceptive to those rummaging through your stockpiles.
Life has been difficult for you, so you will make it difficult for others.
When damaging a Generator , up to 3 other random Generators also begin regressing.
Oppression has a cool-down of 120/100/80 seconds.
"Damn them as they would damn us." — Charlotte Deshayes
|Coup de Grâce||
As the end nears, you go in for the kill.
Each time a Generator is completed, Coup de Grâce grows in power and you gain 1 Token.
Weapon: Blade of Marseille
Tales warned of a demon who skulked the gutters of Marseille with a shimmering blade in hand.
In reality, it was a battered sickle Charlotte stole from a farmer's home and modified to her liking.
Power: Blood Bond
|Though forever bound through blood and trauma, The Twins have been granted the power to separate from their shared body. Together they hunt as brother and sister, doubling the threat to Survivors.|
- Pressing the Ability button allows you to swap control back and forth between Charlotte and Victor .
While controlling Victor, Charlotte falls into a Dormant State.
- In the Dormant State, Charlotte's Terror Radius and Red Stain are hidden.
- In the Dormant State, Charlotte temporarily retains collision, blocking a Survivor's path.
Victor can scour the environment at great speed in search of Survivors.
- Victor cannot see Scratch Marks .
- Victor can see Pools of Blood left by injured Survivors in bright red.
While controlling Charlotte, Victor will trigger Killer Instinct on any walking or running Survivors within his Shriek range, revealing their outlines to Charlotte.
- When Victor is idle, Survivors can perform the Crush action on him, crushing him in the process and forcing him to re-grow on Charlotte's after 6 seconds.
- Victor will automatically dissolve and re-grow on Charlotte after 90 seconds.
- Charlotte can voluntarily recall Victor after 30 seconds .
Pouncing at a Survivor will damage them.
- If the Survivor was at full health, Victor will latch onto them; control will swap back to Charlotte.
- If the Survivor was already in the Injured State , they will be put into the Dying State ; control will remain with Victor.
A Pounce without latching on will leave Victor vulnerable for a short time, in which nearby Survivors can crush him.
If a Pounce lands him on top of an obstacle taller than himself, Victor will automatically dissolve and re-grow on Charlotte.
When latched onto a Survivor, they suffer from various afflictions:
- Broken , Oblivious , and Incapacitated Status Effects.
- Additionally, the Survivor will be unable to enter Lockers or leave through the Exit Gates , while also activating Killer Instinct on nearby Survivors.
The afflicted Survivor can remove and crush Victor by performing the Remove action for 8 seconds.
- Killer Instinct Linger duration: 1.5 seconds
- Killer Instinct only triggers on Survivors who walk or run within Victor's Shriek range.
It does not trigger on Survivors who crouch towards him, allowing them to sneak up on him.
- Killer Instinct only triggers on Survivors who walk or run within Victor's Shriek range.
- Switching from Charlotte to Victor: 0.25 seconds
- Switching from Victor to Charlotte: 3 seconds
- Victor glows white whenever he is idle and Charlotte in control.
- Survivors can force Victor to regrow at any time by stunning Charlotte in her Dormant State.
- Victor and Charlotte see their respective Aura at all times.
- Dormant State Linger duration: 1.5 seconds
- This refers to effects such as a suppressed Stain and Terror Radius.
- Dormant State Collision Deactivation timer: 30 seconds
- This refers to how long Charlotte has to be in her Dormant State before she loses collision with Survivors.
- No Perks (Survivor or Killer Perks) work on, against or with Victor, as he is not considered a Killer-entity, including Detection Perks such as Spine Chill or Premonition :
- Switching to Victor will disable all of Charlotte's Perks and hide them from the HUD.
- Regrow duration: 6 seconds
- Victor regrows at a rate of 1 c/s, meaning the Power gauge has a capacity of 6 Charges.
- Idle timer: 90 seconds
- This refers to how long Victor can remain idle while controlling Charlotte before he will automatically dissolve and start to regrow.
- Recall timer: 30 seconds
- This refers to how long Victor has to be attached to a Survivor before Charlotte can recall him at will.
- Release time: 1 second
- It takes 3 seconds for Victor to inspect a Locker.
- It takes 2 seconds for Victor to inspect a Locker that is occupied by a Survivor.
- Exit Gate Escape Blocker Linger duration: 5 seconds
- This refers to how long a Survivor continues to be unable to leave through the Exit Gate after removing Victor.
- Cancelation Cool-down: 0.25 seconds
- Charge time: 1 second
- It takes Victor 0.75 seconds of charging to reach his full Charged Movement speed of 2.4 m/s.
- Aura-Reveal duration: 5 seconds
- This refers to when a latched-on Victor reveals the Aura of nearby Survivors.
- Pounce Attack cool-downs:
- 1 second for a successful Pounce with latching on
- 5 seconds for a successful Pounce without latching on
- 3 seconds for a missed or obstructed Pounce
- Remove: 8 seconds
- Pushing: 10 seconds
- This refers to pushing Victor off of a Locker.
- Crushing: 0.35 seconds.
- It is impossible to voluntarily switch between the Killers or for Charlotte to release Victor when either of them is standing within a specific radius of the following Props:
Add-ons for Blood Bond
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Toy Sword||A minuscule toy sword, only a few inches long. Holding it brought out a violent enthusiasm in Victor.
|Tiny Fingernail||Charlotte had many ways to mourn Victor's death. As the fingernails loosened from his rotting hands, she took one in remembrance.
|Soured Milk||A metal bottle filled with milk that has since soured. Loud as Victor could be, he quieted down when presented with his meal.
|Cat Figurine||A wooden figure that had caught young Victor's eye. He shrieked until his mother stole it from the market, nearly blowing their cover.
|Madeleine's Glove||A glove once owned by The Twins' mother. During desperate times, it was held over Victor's mouth to keep him from making a peep.
|Ceremonial Candelabrum||The candelabrum that Victor tipped over, causing his captors to burn. A symbol of his tenacity.
|Cat's Eye||An eyeball that belonged to a cat eaten by the starving Deshayes family. Victor hid it from his mother, using it as a toy.
|Bloody Black Hood||A hood from one of the men that hunted Charlotte. Soon, he became the prey.
|Baby Teeth||Two teeth that Victor lost long ago. They're unusually sharp.
|Weighty Rattle||A shoddily carved rattle that Victor cried over until his mother stole it for him. It's entirely too heavy to be trusted to a child.
|Stale Biscuit||A hard, unleavened biscuit that Madeleine stole from a town’s market. It wasn't much, but it was better than most meals
|Sewer Sludge||A disgusting, sticky mixture that covered the Deshayes during an escape attempt through the city sewers.
|Rusted Needle||A needle Madeleine used to sew up her children's tattered clothes.
|Madeleine's Scarf||A cloth Madeleine wore shortly before her death. The Twins kept it as a memento.
"...shall hereby be recorded as a service to the greater good and the extermination of evil." — Inquiry into the death of Madeleine Deshayes
|Victor's Soldier||A toy soldier Victor clung to when scared. Something about it evoked jealousy in Charlotte.
"Kch--kch—k'ull bawd mennn..." — Victor Deshayes
|Spinning Top||A wooden top shared between The Twins, though Victor wanted it for his own. He learned he could get what he wanted if he clung tightly and screamed.
"Hush... hush... it is yours then." — Charlotte Deshayes
|Forest Stew||A stew of foraged vegetables mixed with moss and bark to create a false sense of fullness.
"Eat... eat, child. You'll feel better when it's down." — Madeleine Deshayes
|Drop of Perfume||One of the few luxuries Madeleine escaped her past life with. It has a pleasant, disarming scent.
"Beware the deceit of witches, for they exploit the goodness in men's hearts." — A History of Witches and Demons (1602)
|Silencing Cloth||A coarse strip of cloth that a five-year-old Charlotte would put in her mouth. Stopped her from screaming when witch hunters were nearby.
"I don't like this game anymore, Mother..." — Charlotte Deshayes
|Iridescent Pendant||A glass-like pendant moulded from The Fog itself. There's a portrait of Madeleine Deshayes upon it, though something about her depiction seems unsettling.
"Your binding is no curse, my loves. It is your strength to draw upon." — Madeleine Deshayes
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 2 Achievements related to The Twins.
|Adept Twins||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Twins using only their Unique Perks: Hoarder , Oppression & Coup de Grâce .|
|Tag Team||With The Twins , down 10 Survivors while Victor is latched onto them.|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Twins reach Level 50 and prestige.
The Twins' attire includes:
|Frosty Eyes||Uncommon||The cold eyes of a Killer who wants warm blood.
"Have a fantastic holiday season and a bloody good new year!" — The Dead by Daylight Team
|Advent Calendar 2020|
|Icon||Name||Body||Rarity||Description||Event||Exclusive to Event Participation|
|5th Anniversary Crown||Event||A crown crafted for a very special anniversary.
"Thank you for supporting & inspiring us along the years!" - The Dead by Daylight Team
|Fifth Year Anniversary||Yes|
- Linked Cosmetics : click on the icon in the table below to see the individual parts of a Cosmetic Set and their descriptions.
|Shreds of Dignity||Common||She had so little that even a ragged outfit was a significant portion of her wealth.||Wanderer’s Kerchief (Off-White)
Peasant’s Ragged Dress (White & Brown)
Arched Blade (Red Trim)
|The Twins Aberrations||
|Shreds of Comfort||Common||She had so little that even a ragged outfit was a significant portion of her wealth.||Wanderer’s Kerchief (Gray)
Peasant’s Ragged Dress (Black & Beige)
Arched Blade (Teal Trim)
|The Twins Aberrations||
|Shreds of Solace||Common||She had so little that even a ragged outfit was a significant portion of her wealth.||Wanderer’s Kerchief (White)
Peasant’s Ragged Dress (Brown & Green)
Arched Blade (Olive Trim)
|The Twins Aberrations||
|Shreds of Warmth||Common||She had so little that even a ragged outfit was a significant portion of her wealth.||Wanderer’s Kerchief (Red)
Peasant’s Ragged Dress (Beige & Black)
Arched Blade (Black Trim)
|The Twins Aberrations||
|From the Wastes||Uncommon||Charlotte fought for everything she had, oftentimes literally.||Grim Realities (Red)
Victor’s Sentinel (Brown & Red)
|From the Gutters||Uncommon||Charlotte fought for everything she had, oftentimes literally.||Grim Realities (Green)
Victor’s Sentinel (Yellow & White)
|From the Ruins||Uncommon||Charlotte fought for everything she had, oftentimes literally.||Grim Realities (Brown)
Victor’s Sentinel (Green & White)
|Eternal Anguish||Rare||Her heartbreak over Victor’s death was so great that she stole a grieving widow’s mourning gown.||Bereavement Veil
|Dust to Dust||
|Eternal Sorrow||Rare||Her heartbreak over Victor’s death was so great that she stole a grieving widow’s mourning gown.||Mourning Veil
|Dust to Dust||
|Blood & Guts||Very Rare||Barely clinging to life during a frigid winter in Marseille, Charlotte stabbed a pig and warmed herself with its steaming viscera.||One-piece Outfit||Holiday Horror||
|Seabed Sustenance||Very Rare||Hunted and hungry, she stole tools from a freshly dead fisherman to catch dinner.||Pile of Debris
Gory Rusted Hooks
- Main Article: Downloadable Content
The Twins' are currently part of 2 DLCs:
- Nerf: increased Victor's cool-down after downing Survivors with a Pounce from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Nerf: Charlotte now loses her collision with Survivors 30 seconds after entering her Dormant State.
- This means that she will no longer body-block Vault locations or doorways after that time, allowing Survivors to pass through her.
- Quality of Life: camera control is now immediately restored when switching back to Charlotte.
- Quality of Life: Victor is now allowed to move during the Pounce cool-down for a successful attack, to compensate for the longer Stun duration.
- The Twins marked the first time in Dead by Daylight's history that a Killer-Player would control two Characters in a Trial, albeit separately at a time.
- Victor was the third Killer to not attack with an actual weapon, but instead using his hands.
- Victor shares his voice-actor with The Oni , The Executioner , and partially with The Blight .
- The Twins are one of few Killers featuring 2 Memento Mori animations.
In their case, it depends on whether Victor is currently attached to Charlotte or not.
- If Victor is attached, Charlotte will strike the Survivor twice with her weapon, and then send Victor out, who then bites into the Survivor's neck, killing them.
- If Victor is not attached, Charlotte will finish the Survivor off herself after the initial 2 strikes.
- The hooded figures mentioned in their Lore are members of the "Cult of The Entity", which intertwines The Twins' Lore with that of Felix and Élodie.
- Originally The Twins were referred as "The Siblings".
- According to an interview with Mathieu Côté, Charlotte was supposed to be pregnant, but the Developers eventually decided to abandon this idea.
- Their last name would correctly be pronounced "DEH-eh", rather than "Day-AYE", as was done in the Spotlight Trailer.
+ CHAPTER I
|Dwight Fairfield||Meg Thomas||Claudette Morel||Jake Park||Nea Karlsson|
|CHAPTERS II - V
+ PARAGRAPH I
|Laurie Strode||Ace Visconti||Bill Overbeck||Feng Min||David King|
|CHAPTERS VI - X||Quentin Smith||David Tapp||Kate Denson||Adam Francis||Jeff Johansen|
|CHAPTERS XI - XIV
+ PARAGRAPH III
|Jane Romero||Ash Williams||Nancy Wheeler||Steve Harrington||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV - XIX||Zarina Kassir||Cheryl Mason||Felix Richter||Élodie Rakoto||Yun-Jin Lee|
|CHAPTER XX||Jill Valentine||Leon Scott Kennedy|
+ CHAPTERS I - II
|Evan MacMillan - The Trapper||Philip Ojomo - The Wraith||Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly||Sally Smithson - The Nurse||Michael Myers - The Shape|
|CHAPTERS III - VI
+ PARAGRAPH II
|Lisa Sherwood - The Hag||Herman Carter - The Doctor||Anna - The Huntress||Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal||Freddy Krueger - The Nightmare|
|CHAPTERS VII - XI||Amanda Young - The Pig||Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown||Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit||Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey - The Legion||Adiris - The Plague|
|CHAPTERS XII - XV||Danny Johnson - The Ghost Face||The Demogorgon||Kazan Yamaoka - The Oni||Caleb Quinn - The Deathslinger||Pyramid Head - The Executioner|
|CHAPTERS XVI - XX||Talbot Grimes - The Blight||Victor & Charlotte Deshayes - The Twins||Ji-Woon Hak - The Trickster||Nemesis T-Type - The Nemesis|
|Chris Redfield||Claire Redfield||Cybil Bennett||Jonathan Byers||Lisa Garland||The Look-See|
|ULTRA RARE CHARACTERS|
|The Ferryman||The Krampus||The Minotaur|
|Alessa Gillespie||The Birch||Ellis||Francis||Rochelle||Zoey|
|Alex||Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|