The Upside Down is one of 6 known sub-realms to the Entity's Realm in which Dead by Daylight takes place.
The Upside Down is used exclusively by The Demogorgon , other Killers do not have access to it.
The Upside Down is on a different plane of existence from the other realms, marked by near pitch-black darkness, with the exception of Auras The Demogorgon may read while traversing it.
The Demogorgon can place Portals throughout the Trial Grounds using his Power Of the Abyss , then choose to traverse the Upside Down from one Portal to another.
The Portal that is being travelled to will have a red, bright glow under it.
Traversing the Upside Down is an automated action, The Demogorgon cannot move through this sub-realm on its own accord.
Survivors have no means to enter the Upside Down.
Upon traversing the Upside Down, The Demogorgon is granted the Undetectable Status Effect for 3 seconds, the duration of which may be increased using certain Add-ons.
- Before and after traversing the Upside Down, The Demogorgon roars. This roar can be heard all across the map.
- The time it takes to traverse the Upside Down may vary between 1.5 and 3 seconds, depending on the distance that is traversed.
- The Demogorgon traverses the Upside Down at a speed of roughly 20 m/s without the use of Add-ons.
- It is still possible to hear noises from your surroundings while traversing the Upside Down.
- Dead by Daylight's Upside Down doesn't quite resemble the Upside-Down from Stranger Things.
|The Campfire||The Dream World||The Ethereal Plane||The Spirit World||The Upside Down||The Void|