|"The Underground Complex"|
|Hawkins National Laboratory|
Area in square Tiles
Area in m2
Minimum # of Hooks
Maximum # of Hooks
Probablity weightCoefficient representing a probability the map will be selected for trial
The Underground Complex or "Laboratory" is the only Map in the Hawkins National Laboratory Realm.
With the retraction of the Stranger Things Chapter after 17 November 2021, the Map and its associated Realm will be removed from the Game.
Located below the Hawkins National Laboratory, this underground complex released dozens of inter-dimensional creatures in November of 1983, before the rift was sealed.
The site kept some vestiges of its past as the mental health institute, including a mouldy isolation tank used by patients suffering from acute anxiety that was later modernised for mind control experimentation on promising test subjects.
Now the walls of the abandoned facility are sprayed with bullets and blood, evidence of a battle against inter-dimensional creatures.
The Rift Lab
The Rift Lab is one of the main Landmarks on The Underground Complex Map.
- The Rift Lab potentially contains a Generator on the Upper Floor.
- The Rift Lab potentially contains a Hook beside the staircase to the Upper Floor.
- The Rift Lab contains multiple Lockers on the Lower Floor.
- The Rift Lab potentially contains a Chest .
- The Rift Lab potentially contains a Totem .
- The Rift Lab potentially contains an entrance to the Basement .
The Rift Lab consists of two floors: The Upper Floor can be accessed by going up a staircase.
- The Lower Floor consists of a closed Lab Room, and the Rift, a portal to the Upside Down.
- The Upper Floor potentially contains a Generator and contains multiple drop-offs.
The Interrogation Rooms
The Interrogation Rooms are one of the Landmarks on The Underground Complex Map.
The Interrogation Rooms are all located on the Upper Floor of the Map. There are various vaults in the Rooms. Some potential Pallets can spawn over there.
- Main article: Achievements
|So Alone||Repair the Generator in the Isolation Room in The Underground Complex and live to tell the tale.|
- In the Game files The Underground Complex is being referred to under the name Lab.
- The Underground Complex is the first map to have Exit Doors instead of Exit Gates .
- This occurs mainly because the map is situated underground and the ceiling isn't high enough for a gate to placed on the walls.
- There is a completely different animation for the opening of the Exit Doors: both sides of the door slide sidewards and a metallic plate behind the door rises upwards.
- It is possible to see the Upside Down inside the Exit Doors.
- Some Generators on the Map open connected sliding doors once completion.
- Even though The Underground Complex is technically the Map covering the smallest surface area, with its numerous catwalks, its actual surface is considerably larger and could be ranked similarly to Coal Tower or Rancid Abattoir.
- There is a hidden room behind a closed, metal door located in the Rift Lab. It can only be accessed by blinking with The Nurse at a very specific range. It will not spawn if the Basement spawns there.
- There are four dead scientists in the room, each one with a bottle in their hands. There are also two cooler crates with more bottles scattered throughout the room, and a monitor and a PC on the floor. The main element of the room is a board containing the following:
- EGC (Abbreviation for Endgame Collapse)
- [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s1: The electronic configuration of the element Gold (Au).
- A drawing of a molecule: It represents the molecule formed by combining terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol, forming a compound named ethylene terephthalate, commonly referred to as polyester.
- This is a reference to the YouTuber Paulie Esther, who is known for diving deep into Dead by Daylight's secrets.
- This room was added as a clue to the location of the Golden Toolbox on The Underground Complex map.