The Hallowed Blight
It kicked off the in-game celebrations in honour of Halloween 2018.
- 1 Overview
- 2 In-Game Changes
- 3 The Hallowed Blight Collection
- 4 Nectar Vial
- 5 Challenge
- 6 Event Offering
- 7 The Lore
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Videos
- 10 Gallery
The Hallowed Blight is a Halloween-themed version of the Scorching Summer BBQ Event.
- Added new Main Menu Theme Music
- Added "Cankerous Hook"
- Added "Visceral Canker"
- Added Pustula Petals Offering
- Re-enabled the All Hallows' Eve Lunchbox to spawn in the Bloodweb.
- Re-enabled the Will O' Wisp to spawn in the Bloodweb.
The Hallowed Blight Collection
The Nectar Vial acted as a meter, which was filled by interacting with the Event Objectives. A filled Nectar Vial would grant the Player 1 Putrid Serum.
The Vial had 3 Markers on it, which were only important for Survivors as they could lose partially collected Nectar upon death. The Markers were set at one third, two thirds, and full. Any amount of Nectar that did not fill the Vial to the nearest upper Marker would be lost. Any Nectar that already filled a Marker, however, would be safe.
The Putrid Serum acted as a currency, which was obtained by filling Nectar Vials. It was exclusive to the The Hallowed Blight Event and would expire shortly after it ended.
It could be used to purchase Cosmetic pieces of the new Event Outfits.
The maximum amount of obtainable Putrid Serum were 60 Vials, enough to unlock 2 complete outfits or 6 individual pieces to your choice. In order to obtain 60 Vials, Players originally had to play equal parts Survivor and Killer as either side was capped at obtaining only 30 Vials. This was eventually opened after many complaints of atrocious Killer queue times, making it nearly impossible to obtain enough Vials within the Event time frame.
The Cosmetic Rewards are still part of the regular shop and remain purchasable with Auric Cells .
The Event featured personal Challenges that required the Player to fill Nectar Vials in order to unlock Putrid Serum with which they could then buy the Cosmetic Rewards.
Each Map spawned with 2 Visceral Cankers and 2 Cankerous Hooks by default.
The Player could find and burn a new Offering called the Pustula Petals, calling upon The Entity for additional Cankers and Hooks, up to a total of 7 Cankers and Hooks.
The Player filled the Nectar Vial when they harvested Visceral Cankers or hooked Survivors for the first time on Cankerous Hooks to extract Putrid Nectar. They also gained bonus Bloodpoints for doing so. All bonus Bloodpoints were awarded post-trial during the tally screen and only if the Player had burnt a Pustula Petals Offering. Survivors would lose any Nectar that was not filling the Vial up to the nearest Marker upon death. Any Nectar that did was safe, however. Survivors who burnt the Offering would receive the bonus Bloodpoints from harvesting a Visceral Canker even if it was harvested by another Survivor.
Each Event-day featured a unique piece of Lore from a Journal that was originally believed to have belonged to Benedict Baker.
It was ultimately retconned to have belonged to Talbot Grimes before he himself became a Killer in the Entity's Realm:
|26 October - Exhausted
I slept very little. The acute throbbing in my wound sent me on a restless, agitated drowse. I have no strength left to be patient, and my distress fosters brutal methods. There are no lines I will not cross.
|28 October - At Last
Based on Vigo's calculations, tonight is my last chance. I filled a syringe with the last drops of serum and injected it into my arm.
|29 October - The End
I did everything right… and failed. I am stuck in this infernal place with no serum and nowhere to hide.
|31 October - Pray
Soon, very soon, I will be at peace. The cold claws of death are drawing near.
|It's here. The Entity is here. It has found me.|
- As evidenced in the second video below, it is the Putrid Serum which causes the mutations seen in the Hallowed Blight skins of the Killers.
- Each Cosmetic has a syringe full of serum stuck into the Killer's flesh.
- Originally, the 2018 Event only lasted until Halloween and only 1 Outfit or 1 Cosmetic pieces could be obtained with Putrid Serum, however, a lot of negative and disappointed feedback from the community eventually prompted the Developers to increase the obtainable Cosmetics to 2 Outfits or 6 Cosmetic pieces and to also extend the Event until the 2nd of November 2018.
- Half-way through the original Event, following another flood of negative feedback regarding long queue times for Killer Lobbies, the Developers decided to remove the constraints of having to play both sides in order to obtain all 60 Vials (originally capped at 30 Vials per side) and allowed the Players to obtain them by playing either side.
- The speaker in the Hallowed Blight Lore was originally said by the Developers to be Benedict Baker as "all new Lore is written by Benedict".
|Bonus Bloodpoint Events||In-Game Events|
|Blood Rush (x1.5)||Chinese New Year 2017 (Rooster)||All Hallows' Eve 2017||2 Year Anniversary 2018||Winter Solstice 2018|
|Blood Hunt (x2)||1 Year Anniversary 2017||Winter Solstice 2017||Scorching Summer BBQ 2018||Moonrise 2019 (Hog)|
|Blood Feast (x3)||Fall Masquerade 2017||Howling Grounds 2018 (Dog)||The Hallowed Blight 2018||3 Year Anniversary 2019|
|The Withering Blight 2019||The Eternal Blight 2020|
|Scarlet Swarm 2020 (Rat)|
|Fourth Year Anniversary 2020|