|"The Monster" / "The Beast"|
|Not applicable (not human)|
|Hawkins National Laboratory|
|Of the Abyss|
Power Attack Type
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|96.5 % | 3.86 m/s|
(Of the Abyss)
460 % | 18.4 m/s
|CHAPTER XIII: Stranger Things|
|None (various digitally processed sounds)|
Terror Radius Music
It was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XIII: Stranger Things, a Chapter DLC released on 17 September 2019.
It originates from the 2016 Sci-Fi-Horror Web Television series Stranger Things.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Demogorgon's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Change Log (incomplete)
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
The Demogorgon is an unidentified Killer, able to open multiple Portals and traverse between them to cover large distances. Using its Power, Of the Abyss, it can detect any Survivors within a close proximity to the Portals then unleash a leaping attack to inflict damage from a distance.
Difficulty rating Intermediate
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play it and use its Power effectively)
A blooming mouth full of needle-like teeth for a face, large, curved, razor-sharp claws, and powerful legs to pounce on victims, make The Demogorgon a frightening monster to face in any dimension. It is a nightmare of unrestrained, feral rage as it hunts down its prey and rips it to pieces, devouring every last morsel of flesh and gore, leaving nothing for scavengers. The creature is untouched by any sense of compassion or restraint. Looming over its victim, it shows no doubt or mercy, just the pure instinct of its insatiable blood lust as it delivers the deathblow. A perfect hunter, The Demogorgon is a macabre testament to the horrors lurking in the Upside Down and why it was choice pickings for The Entity.
The Demogorgon's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Demogorgon's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Surge - Level 30
- Mindbreaker - Level 35
- Cruel Limits - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Demogorgon's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Your eerie presence charges the air and interferes with technology.
Surge has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds.
"The creature appears to have some unknown influence over electricity and nearby electronics." — Hawkins National Laboratory
Your distressing presence drains and weakens your prey.
"The specimen's apparent telepathic ability can evoke feelings of dread and fatigue in nearby individuals." — Hawkins National Laboratory
Your ties to the otherworldly manifest when your prey attempts to get away.
"The specimen seems to be able to affect the state of nearby objects, as if they existed in some other form within a dimension alternate to our own." — Hawkins National Laboratory
Weapon: Barbarous Claw
A gargantuan hand of immense strength. Its long fingers can brutalise prey.
Power: Of the Abyss
|An unknown and otherworldly power surged through its body.
Suddenly the ground ripped open, swallowing The Demogorgon whole.
OF THE ABYSS:
Press and hold the Power button to fully charge and activate Of the Abyss.
- All Survivors within a close proximity to any activated Portals will be indicated by Killer Instinct.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Portals
Press the Active Ability button to place an inactive Portal on the ground in front of you.
- Inactive Portals are invisible to Survivors and cannot be sealed by them.
Traversing the Upside Down
When standing on a placed Portal while viewing a highlighted Portal, press the Active Ability button to travel through the Upside Down, emerging from the highlighted Portal.
- After emerging from a Portal, The Demogorgon is cloaked by the Undetectable Status Effect for 3 seconds.
Portals become activated when they are first traversed to or from.
- Activated Portals are visible to Survivors and can be sealed by them.
- Survivors walking atop or sealing an activated Portal suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect.
- Shred takes 1 second to fully charge.
- Shred must be charged to at least 65 %, otherwise The Demogorgon will perform a normal Lunge instead.
- Cancelling a fully charged Shred results in a cool-down of 0.45 seconds, during this time The Demogorgon cannot interact or attack.
- Shred boosts The Demogorgon's Movement speed to 460 % or 18.4 m/s, for a maximum distance of 11 metres.
- Shred applies the following attack cool-downs:
- Shred increases the The Demogorgon's Field of View by 15 °.
- Of the Abyss allows for 6 Portals to be set by default.
- Setting a Portal takes 1 second by default.
- Entering a Portal takes 1.5 seconds.
- Portal effects apply within a range of 4 metres by default.
- Portals emit noise that can be heard within a range of 8 metres.
- Traversing the Upside Down is done at a maximum velocity of 20 m/s.
- The post-teleport Undetectable Status Effect lasts for 3 seconds by default.
- Power Recovery takes 10 seconds by default.
- Sealing a Portal will take a single Survivor 12 seconds by default.
- Multiple Survivors doing so will incur an efficiency penalty of 33 % (2 Survivors) or 50 % (3-4 Survivors).
- Sealing a Portal will reveal its Aura to all other Survivors, so that they may come help.
- Sealing a Portal will occasionally spawn Skill Checks , but without a Great Success zone.
- It is impossible to place a Portal within a specific radius of the following Props:
Add-ons for Of the Abyss
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Rotten Pumpkin||Pumpkin flesh infected by the rotten soil in Hawkins.
Rotten Pumpkin grants an additional 200 Bloodpoints for traversing the Upside Down.
|Black Heart||A black fermented heart ripped from the chest of a tentacled creature in the Upside Down.
|Rat Liver||A soggy pile of salty, soft liver.
|Rat Tail||A chewy rat tail for The Demogorgon to consume.
|Sticky Lining||A fetid, viscous layer that covers and expands the inter-dimensional tunnels.
|Viscous Webbing||Wet, elastic webs that broaden the inter-dimensional tunnels.
|Rotten Green Tripe||Rotten tripe that fuels The Demogorgon.
|Mew's Guts||The tasty guts of an unfortunate victim.
|Barb's Glasses||A broken pair of glasses that travelled to the Upside Down.|
|Eleven's Soda||A soda can charged with psychic energy.|
|Thorny Vines||Thick, thorny vines that stretch and reinforce the inter-dimensional tunnels.
|Brass Case Lighter||A lighter used to ignite trouble.
"Emits a strong electromagnetic field: it must have come into contact with the Upside Down." — Hawkins National Laboratory
|Violet Waxcap||A dark fleshed mushroom from the Upside Down that allows The Demogorgon to telepathically distort the senses in its prey.
|Deer Lung||A raw, rubbery lung that reinvigorates The Demogorgon.
|Lifeguard Whistle||A rusty, metal whistle that once ruled the Hawkins public pool.
"Emits a strong electromagnetic field: it must have come into contact with the Upside Down." — Hawkins National Laboratory
|Vermilion Webcap||A bright red poisonous mushroom from the Upside Down.
"Still experimenting with this specimen, so far our results are inconsistent." — Hawkins National Laboratory
|Upside Down Resin||A sticky, flammable sap that fortifies the gateway to the inter-dimensional tunnels.
"A sample taken from the bark of the tree once used as a gate. So far our conclusion as to its effect are inconclusive." — Hawkins National Laboratory
|Unknown Egg||A large, warm egg coated in gruesome webbing.
"A large egg was sighted in the Upside Down, but no sample survived the trip to the lab for proper examination." — Hawkins National Laboratory
|Leprose Lichen||A potent lichen that grows like dust on the rocks in the Upside Down.
"One small dose can cause severe hallucinations." — Hawkins National Laboratory
|Red Moss||A psychedelic moss that grows on tree barks in the Upside Down.
"Consuming its leaf enhances athletic performance and causes euphoria." — Hawkins National Laboratory
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Demogorgon.
|Adept Demogorgon||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Demogorgon using only its Unique Perks: Surge , Cruel Limits & Mindbreaker .|
|Savage Take-Down||With The Demogorgon , down 30 Survivors with Shred.|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Demogorgon reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Demogorgon's attire includes:
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Demogorgon is currently part of 1 DLC package:
Change Log (incomplete)
- Buff: added the ability to destroy Pallets and Breakable Walls to The Demogorgon's base-kit by using Shred.
- Rework: reworked Of the Abyss and the majority of its Add-ons .
- Buff: reduced the cool-down after traversing the Upside Down from 14 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Buff: increased the velocity when traversing the Upside Down from 17 m/s to 20 m/s.
- Buff: increased the duration of the Undetectable Status Effect after traversing the Upside Down from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Buff: increased Channelling Of the Abyss Movement speed from 3.68 m/s or 92 % to 3.86 m/s or 96.5 %.
- Quality of Life: removed the audio from inactive Portals for Survivors, which had allowed them to determine their location despite being invisible.
- The Demogorgon was the first non-human Killer featured in Dead by Daylight , as all previous Killers were human in their previous life.
- The Demogorgon was the tenth licensed Character to be introduced to Dead by Daylight .
- It is the sixth licensed Killer to be introduced.
- The Demogorgon featured in Dead by Daylight was modelled after the Demogorgon seen in a post-credit scene of the last episode of Stranger Things' Season 3.
- The Demogorgon was the second Killer to have a unique Terror Radius and Chase Music.
- The Demogorgon was the second Killer to not attack with an actual weapon, but instead using its claws.
- The Demogorgon was the third Killer to break Generators and Pallets with its hands, albeit using both of them.
- Though the Demogorgon does not have eyes, it can still be blinded by a flashlight.
- The Demogorgon was the fourth Killer to be able to teleport.
- Unlike most other tall Killers, The Demogorgon does not step, but rather crawls through Windows to get to the other side.
- In situations where the window is located above a drop-down, The Demogorgon will instead hoist itself through the window.
- The Demogorgon is one of a few Killers to have a unique Hatch-closing animation.
- The Demogorgon's footsteps can be heard within a radius of 16 metres.
- The name of The Demogorgon's Power, Of the Abyss, may be a direct reference to Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, as Demogorgon in Dungeons and Dragons appears as an enemy in the adventure "Out of the Abyss"
For more go to The Demogorgon's Gallery
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III (1-3)
+ PARAGRAPH I (1)
|CHAPTERS IV-VII (4-7)||CHAPTERS VIII-XI (8-11)||PARAGRAPH III (3)|
+ CHAPTERS XIII+XIV (13+14)
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV-XVIII (15-18)||CHAPTERS XIX+XX (19+20)|
|Zarina Kassir||Yun-Jin Lee|
|Cheryl Mason||Jill Valentine|
|Felix Richter||Leon Scott Kennedy|
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III (1-3)||CHAPTERS IV+V (4+5)
+ PARAGRAPH II (2)
|CHAPTERS VI-VIII (6-8)||CHAPTERS IX-XI (9-11)|
|The Trapper - Evan MacMillan||The Nurse - Sally Smithson||The Doctor - Herman Carter||The Nightmare - Freddy Krueger||The Spirit - Rin Yamaoka|
|The Wraith - Philip Ojomo||The Shape - Michael Myers||The Huntress - Anna||The Pig - Amanda Young||The Legion - Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey|
|The Hillbilly - Max Thompson Jr.||The Hag - Lisa Sherwood||The Cannibal - Bubba Sawyer||The Clown - Jeffrey Hawk||The Plague - Adiris|
|CHAPTERS XII-XIV (12-14)||CHAPTERS XV-XVII (15-17)||CHAPTERS XVIII-XX (18-20)|
|The Ghost Face - Danny Johnson||The Deathslinger - Caleb Quinn||The Twins - Victor & Charlotte Deshayes|
|The Demogorgon - Demogorgon||The Executioner - Pyramid Head||The Trickster - Ji-Woon Hak|
|The Oni - Kazan Yamaoka||The Blight - Talbot Grimes||The Nemesis - Nemesis T-Type|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|LEGENDARY SURVIVOR CHARACTERS|
|Alessa Gillespie||Cybil Bennett||Jonathan Byers||Lisa Garland|
|LEGENDARY KILLER CHARACTERS|
|The Birch||The Look-See||The Mordeo|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|