The Black Vale are a Secret Organization in various realities. They have appeared in numerous lore entries and been called many names, such as The Vack Label and The Black Serpent Society. They have controlled governments and operated as a multinational enterprise.
Members & Organization
They are a group composed of a variety of unseen members. It is unknown how their group is structured or who is in charge.
Some of their members are the powerful and wealthy individuals of their world, capable of controlling the U.S. Government and the C.I.A.
The majority of members have been shown as wearing a long, black, hooded robe.
Members of The Black Serpent Society wore plain kimonos, with a crest of a nine-headed serpent twisted in a circular knot as it chased its nine tails
- Otto Stamper, the leader of The Fold and the mentor of Herman Carter.
- Unnamed group of soldiers that were killed by the Evil-Eyed Monster
- An unnamed woman that was possessed by the Vampiric Fog
- An unnamed man that attacked Élodie Rakoto.
- A hooded man that mutilated Carmina Mora.
The Black Vale have been mentioned in the backstories of various Survivors and Killer, as well as in various Tome Entries. It is unknown where or when the group originally started, but they have existed on numerous worlds, including Terra Dark.
While they are described as a cult, little is known in detail about their religion and beliefs.
They are said to believe in a kind of ancient deity that would one day help humanity evolve to another plane of existence. It is unknown how much they know about TheEntity or what goes on in its realm.
The Black Serpent Society is said to have worshiped a Black Serpent made of dark mist, with nine heads and nine tails. The Black Serpent was a living deity that consumed people, towns, civilizations and worlds. The Black Serpent Society believed that within The Belly there was lost knowledge and power from all these consumed worlds that could help them usher in a golden age of peace, prosperity and abundance. The Black Serpent could even corrupt people, turning them into demons.
They have been known to perform human sacrifices, arcane rituals, and cruel experimentation. One pair of victims of their experiments were made to break the neck of a bird, bleed onto roses, sleep over a damp oak branch, and have their skulls engraved with an occult incantation. These engraved skulls were said to be part of a collection, so the rituals done were not unique to this pair.
They have been known to send encoded messages through signal stations and horror podcasts. These numbers were used to communicate with other members and some correspond to the locations of overlaps with the Realm of The Entity.
One particular code described Jonah's birth date, as well as the date and coordinates of when and where he would be taken by The Entity. Another code led Sean Dint and his friends to being attacked by the Oni at an abandoned Asylum.
- Tome 1 - Awakening: Revelations (I)
- Tome 6 - Divergence: In Search of Things Lost
- Tome 7 - Forsaken: Universus Alveo
- Tome 8 - Deliverance: Midnight in the Garden of Infinity
- Tome 10 - Saw: Things in the Fog
- As part of the CHAPTER 22 ARG, a series of numbers was revealed which could be decoded to The Black Vale.
- The information in this section is unconfirmed and potentially false, but are common theories and beliefs in the community
- It is believed that the religion led by Adiris is the origin of The Black Vale
- It is believed that the nine mystic monks who taught Talbot Grimes about the Soul Chemical are connected to or a part of The Black Vale.
- This is due to their shared interest in alternate realities, similar dressing style and their belief that if you die with the right vibration or emotions, a great dragon comes and takes you away to an alternate reality which is similar to how The Entity collects Survivors and Killers.