PTB PATCH UPDATE 2.0.0B
FEATURES & CONTENT
Content - Added skull bone cracking audio for the Clown's mori Content - Integrated French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Thai localization Content - Integrated Kate Denson's updated VOs
The Clown changes
- Addon - Ether 10% (rare) +1.0s to +0.66s
- Addon - Ether 15% (very rare) +1.5s to +1.0s
- Addon - Ether 5% (common) +0.5s to +0.33s
- Addon - Flask of Bleach: removed intoxication penalty effect.
- Addon - Garish Makeup Kit (very rare) +1.0s to +0.66s
- Addon - Redhead's Pinky Finger: removed intoxication penalty effect.
- Addon - Smelly Inner Soles 15% to 20%.
- Addon - VHS Porn 25% to 35%.
- Increased the Based Intoxication time of the Afterpiece Tonic (power) from 1.5 sec. to 2.0 sec.
- Removed the slowdown penalty of holding the bomb (-9% to 0%)
- The close hatch interaction now automatically completes the remaining generators and powers the exit gates upon completion.
- Note that this does not actually open the exit gates, and that they will still need to be interacted with by the survivor for 16 seconds with the normal open gate interaction.
- Fixed an issue that caused Splinter offerings to appear in the Bloodwebs of owned Killers
- Fixed an issue that caused the Frosty Eyes head customization to be too bright on the Nurse
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hag's killer stain to be too big
- Fixed an issue that caused the Howling Grounds customization items to be missing from players inventory
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trapper's beard from the Strongman outfit to stay on screen when changing characters/customization items
- Fixed an issue that caused the VFX from the Clown's bombs to be active in the tally screen/scoreboard
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to snap when a Survivor gets interrupted
- Fixed an issue that caused the hatch to clip into the ground in the Survivor Tutorial
- Fixed an issue that caused the muddy VFX to appear on screen when a Survivor triggered the Hag's Phantasm traps
- Fixed an issue that caused the players rank to disappear inside the lobby
- Fixed an issue that caused the tally screen/scoreboard to become empty when spectating another player
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Survivor Tutorial becoming blocked when there was no Survivor on the hook
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the Killer to pick up a Survivor who was downed around a specific tire asset in Autohaven Wrecker's Maps
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to drop a pallet when holding the Rush action button
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to hit Survivor with Huntress hatchets if too close
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to hit Survivors with the Hag
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to hit a Survivors head with the Clown's Afterpiece Tonic
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Nurse from blinking in potential basement locations
- Fixed an issue where hair was not highlighted when stalking a Survivor as the Shape
- Misc UI and icon improvements
- Misc customization items improvements (skinning, clipping, etc)
- Misc stability improvements
Our first tests on the PTB with the hatch close mechanic have proved quite promising. We received a lot of varying feedback on the mechanic, and we believe the overall feeling is that the hatch close mechanic in itself solves the hatch standoff, but also comes with it's own set of frustration and issues. One of those issues in particular is a survivor who would be left in the match to complete at minimum 3 generators, in a one survivor versus one killer scenario, we feel like completing generators may be detracting from the main component of the game, the chase.
For the next iteration, when the killer chooses to close the hatch, we will complete all remaining generators, powering the exit gates. All end game perks will activate (ie: No One Escapes Death, Remember Me, Adrenaline, etc). The exit gates will NOT open automatically, and will still need to be interacted with by the survivor for 16 seconds in order to open the gate.
This is not the final version of the hatch close/ end game mechanic. This mechanic needs to work well with emblems, granting the proper gatekeeper score to killers, adding a scoring event for closing the hatch, in addition to new hatch close text to indicate that the killer is triggering the end game + a series of other changes.
This is a test to see if players enjoy this game play and to see what we can do to continue to improve the experience for everyone. The Hatch Close interaction is meant for testing and gathering feedback for the duration of the PTB and will be removed for the 2.0.0 update.