Status HUD is an information system featured in Dead by Daylight .
- 1 Overview
- 2 Status Effects
- 3 Proficiency Indicators
- 4 Perk Effects System
- 5 Survivor HUD Icons
- 6 Change Log
It consists of three sub-systems: Perk Effects, Status Effects and Proficiency Indicators.
The latter two were implemented with Patch 1.5.0.
Status Effects show whenever a Survivor is affected by a special effect or affliction, indicated by a corresponding icon above the Perk diamond.
The icon's colour will reflect whether it is a buff (yellow) or a debuff (red).
Status Effects that are on a timer may have their timer refreshed by a new application of the effect, but will not stack their afflictions.
|The Blessed Status Effect indicates an active Boon Perk affecting the Survivors.|
Dispelling a Boon Totem will remove its blessings.
The following Unlockables inflict the Blessed Status Effect:
|The Blindness Status Effect impairs all Aura-reading abilities of Survivors, temporarily disabling them.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Blindness Status Effect:
- Amanita Toxin (Hunting Hatchets )
- Baby Teeth (Blood Bond )
- "Blind Warrior" - Mud (Wailing Bell )
- Brass Case Lighter (Of the Abyss )
- Darkest Ink (Birds of Torment )
- Kerosene Can (The Afterpiece Tonic )
- Face Mask (Jigsaw's Baptism )
- Rust-Coloured Egg (Rites of Judgement )
- Smiley Face Pin (Feral Frenzy )
- For more details on Bloodlust, please refer to its Article.
|The Bloodlust Status Effect increasingly boosts the Killer's Movement speed in a prolonged Chase.|
|Survivors affected by the Broken Status Effect are heavily wounded and unable to heal back to the Healthy State.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Broken Status Effect:de
|The Cursed Status Effect indicates an active Hex Perk affecting the Survivors.|
Cleansing a Hex Totem will dispel its curse.
The following Unlockables inflict the Cursed Status Effect:
- Hex Perks:
The following Unlockables require the Cursed Status Effect to trigger a secondary effect:
- For more details on Deep Wound, please refer to the Health State Article.
|Survivors affected by the Deep Wound Status Effect are heavily damaged and getting closer to the Dying State , into which the Survivor will transition if they are not mended after 20 seconds of being stationary.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Deep Wound Status Effect:
|Survivors affected by the Endurance Status Effect are temporarily hardened and can resist a hit.|
Upon being hit, the Survivor will be outlined by a white Aura, indicating the Status Effect to the Killer.
The following Unlockables inflict the Endurance Status Effect:
- For more details on Exhaustion, please refer to its Article.
|The Exhausted Status Effect prevents Survivors from chaining Exhaustion Perks, putting them all on a shared cool-down.|
When a Survivor is rescued from a Hook, any Exhaustion cool-down is reset immediately.
The following Unlockables inflict the Exhausted Status Effect:
|The Exposed Status Effect puts Survivors in great peril, allowing the Killer to deal double-damage with their Basic Attack.
When the Exposed Status Effect is triggered, a global sound cue plays and the HUD icon appears for all affected Survivors.
The following Unlockables inflict the Exposed Status Effect:
- For more details on Bleeding, please refer to its Article.
|Survivors affected by the Haemorrhage Status Effect are bleeding profusely, even when healthy, making it easier for Killers to track them by the Pools of Blood left on the ground.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Haemorrhage Status Effect:
|The Haste Status Effect temporarily boosts the Survivor's or Killer's Movement speed.|
Its strength depends on the Unlockable or Prop applying the Status Effect.
The following Unlockables or Props inflict the Haste Status Effect:
- The Afterpiece Antidote (+10 %)
- Treat Pumpkin (+25 %)
|The Hearing Status Effect temporarily impairs the hearing of Survivors and Killers, muffling their audio and playing a high-pitched whistling sound.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Hearing Status Effect:
- None, currently unused Status Effect.
|The Hindered Status Effect temporarily impairs the Movement speed of Survivors and Killers.|
Its strength depends on the Unlockable or Prop applying the Status Effect.
The following Unlockables or Props inflict the Hindered Status Effect:
- Trick Pumpkin (-10 %)
|The Incapacitated Status Effect impairs the Survivor's ability to interact with certain Props.|
The following (inter-)actions are inhibited by the Incapacitated Status Effect:
The following (inter-)actions are not inhibited by the Incapacitated Status Effect:
- Entering/exiting Lockers
- Opening an Exit Gate
- Leaving through the Exit Gates
- Leaving through the Hatch
- Dropping a Pallet
- Vaulting Pallets or Windows
The following Unlockables inflict the Incapacitated Status Effect:
- For more details on Madness, please refer to its Article.
|The Madness Status Effect, used exclusively by The Doctor , impairs the Survivor's sanity, increasingly affecting them with various Afflictions, depending on the Add-on(s) The Doctor is using.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Madness Status Effect:
The following Unlockables inflict the Mangled Status Effect:
- Begrimed Head (Hunting Hatchets )
- "Blind Warrior" - White (Wailing Bell )
- Defaced Smiley Pin (Feral Frenzy )
- Grisly Chains (Bubba's Chainsaw )
- Honey Locust Thorn (The Redeemer )
- Rusted Jaws (Bear Traps )
- Rusted Spike (The Redeemer )
- Rusty Attachments (Jigsaw's Baptism )
- Rusty Head (Hunting Hatchets )
- Sulphuric Acid Vial (The Afterpiece Tonic )
- Thorny Nest (Birds of Torment )
|Survivors affected by the Oblivious Status Effect are oblivious to the Killer's whereabouts, cloaking their Terror Radius .
The following Unlockables inflict the Oblivious Status Effect:
|The Sleep Penalty Status Effect increases the time it takes awake Survivors to wake sleeping Survivors from the Dream World.|
The following Unlockable inflicts the Sleep Penalty Status Effect:
|The Undetectable Status Effect activates the Killer's stealth mechanics.|
The following inflict the Undetectable Status Effect:
- "Bad Man's" Last Breath (Spencer's Last Breath )
- Chatterer's Tooth (Summons of Pain )
- Iridescent Brick (Chainsaw )
- Iridescent Feather (Birds of Torment )
- Leafy Mash (Chainsaw )
- Obsidian Goblet (Rites of Judgement )
- Serotonin Injector (T-Virus )
- Silencing Cloth (Blood Bond )
- Vermilion Webcap (Of the Abyss )
- Vigo's Journal (Blighted Corruption )
- Violet Waxcap (Of the Abyss )
- Wooden Fox (Hunting Hatchets )
|The Vision Status Effect enhances all Aura-reading abilities.|
The following Unlockables inflict the Vision Status Effect:
- None, currently unused Status Effect.
- Was used solely by the Open-Handed perk when it only increased Aura-reading ranges of other Survivors.
Proficiency Indicators indicate to both Killers and Survivors how various effects from either their own Add-ons, Perks, Offerings, etc., or those of other Players, affect their performance at the interaction they are currently performing.
They do this by displaying the effect's associated icon above the Progression Bar and by colouring said bar accordingly.
Unlike Status Effects, Proficiency Indicators are not inherently a buff (yellow) or a debuff (red) in effect, but can be either, indicated by the colour of the icon and the colour of the Progression bar.
The Progression Bar is displayed whenever an interaction requires a certain amount of Charges to be completed.
The Bar has 3 possible states/colours:
It should be duly noted that the colour of the Progression is individual to each Player.
Even if the overall interaction (i.e. Generator Repair with multiple Survivors) is faster than the default Action speed of 1 Charge per second, if your individual speed/contribution to this is below that (i.e. due to Efficiency penalty), or above that (i.e. Toolbox Repair), the Progression Bar will be coloured accordingly.
|The Chance Proficiency Indicator works alongside the Luck Mechanic and indicates whether the action the Player is currently performing has a higher or lower chance at succeeding.
The following displays the Chance Proficiency Indicator:
|The Efficiency Proficiency Indicator indicates whether an Item's current Depletion rate is increased or decreased.
The following displays the Efficiency Proficiency Indicator:
|The Healing Proficiency Indicator indicates whether a Player's Healing speed is increased or decreased.|
The following displays the Healing Proficiency Indicator:
|The Progression speed Proficiency Indicator indicates whether a Player's Progression speed in an action is increased or decreased.|
The following displays the Progession Speed Proficiency Indicator:
|The Repairing Proficiency Indicator indicates whether a Player's Repair speed is increased or decreased.|
The following displays the Repairing Proficiency Indicator:
|The Sabotaging Proficiency Indicator indicates whether a Player's Sabotage speed is increased or decreased.|
The following displays the Sabotaging Proficiency Indicator:
Skill Check Difficulty
|The Skill Check Difficulty Proficiency Indicator indicates whether a skilful action's success zone is increased or reduced.|
The following displays the Skill Check Difficulty Proficiency Indicator:
Skill Check Probability
|The Skill Check Probability Proficiency Indicator indicates whether a skilful action has a higher or lower chance to trigger a Skill Check .|
The following displays the Skill Check Probability Proficiency Indicator:
Perk Effects System
The Perk Effects System is used to display when foreign Perks (those equipped by other Players) are affecting the Player.
Up to the implementation of Status Effects and Proficiency Indicators, it was the only system available to display when any kind of Unlockable would affect Players other than the one having them equipped.
If a Perk affects another Player other than yourself, its icon will be displayed on their HUD, next to the Perk Diamond, with either a turquoise (buff) or red (debuff) background.
The fact that the system uses turquoise instead of yellow to display a buff hints at its age as one of the oldest Game Mechanics in Dead by Daylight.
The original iteration of the Perk Effects System was in use until Patch 1.5.0.
It was used to inform a Survivor when Perks equipped by other Survivors were affecting them, as well as Add-ons the Killer would have equipped.
Since the Developers deemed the latter use too user-unfriendly, for the average likely did not memorise various Killer Add-ons and their effects, they ultimately implemented the Status Effect and Proficiency Indicator system.
This new system since replaced the latter uses and some of the former as well.
The current iteration of the Perk Effects System retains the original functionality of informing Players when Perks equipped by other Players are affecting them.
- This also extended to some Killer Add-ons that affected a Survivor's default abilities, rather than any Item they might or might not have been carrying.
- Uniquely, The Doctor's Power Carter's Spark displays its icon for the duration of the Interaction Cool-down Survivors experience when getting hit with a Shock Therapy attack.
The following Unlockables will display their icon as a Perk Effect when their conditions are met:
- Blood Pact
- Blood Echo
- Boil Over
- Dark Devotion
- Decisive Strike
- Dying Light
- Franklin's Demise
- Knock Out
- Head On
- Hex: The Third Seal
- Overwhelming Presence
- Prove Thyself
- Remember Me
- Sloppy Butcher
- Unnerving Presence
- Up the Ante
- We'll Make It
Survivor HUD Icons
Up to the Status HUD Rework in Patch 4.5.2, Survivors, when healthy, were represented by a common generic icon in the Status HUD.
With the Rework, each Survivor is now represented by their own icon, using the default Cosmetic options.
As of Patch 5.0.0, this system has been expanded to include Legendary Outfits, which now use a separate icon.
- Change: timers no longer stack or automatically reset; the longest timer will prevail and shorter ones are ignored.
- If the new Timer is the higher one, the previous timer is discarded and the Status Effect icon will visually reset to 100 %.
- If the new Timer is the lower one, the new timer is discarded and the Status Effect icon will remain at its current progression.
- Change: the red debuff icon applied by Perks no longer appears on the Survivors' HUD until the debuff is active.
- Change: the Deep Wound timer is now 20 seconds across the board.
|LEVELLING, RANKING & HUD|
|Grades||Levels & Prestige||Ranks||Status HUD|