Shrine of Secrets
With the Shrine of Secrets, Players can unlock all Teachable Perks of the currently 22 Killers and 24 Survivors (DLCs included) without having to level all those Characters to Level 40 or purchase any DLC. The Shrine of Secrets resets every Wednesday at 00:00:00 UTC (GMT+0).
The Shrine of Secrets was released with Patch 1.2.0.
The Shrine has a selection of 4 usually randomly chosen Perks that can be bought. The selection is the same for all Players on all Platforms. Usually, once a Perk has been on the Shrine, it cannot re-appear in it for the following 3 Shrines. The first exception to this happened on the Shrine of Week 45 of 2020, when the Hillbilly 's Teachable Perk Enduring re-appeared after appearing the week before it.
During a Rift that features DLC Characters, the Shrine of Secrets overlapping with the opening of a Tome Level requiring DLC Perks to complete Master Challenges with will be guaranteed to contain either the necessary Teachable Perks or a random Teachable Perk of one of the four Characters whose Lore is expanded upon in the accompanying Tome.
This first occurred for Tome II - Reckoning, which contained the following Perks:
The Teachable Perks from the Shrine can not be bought with Bloodpoints (BP). They are bought with Iridescent Shards (IS). The Shards are obtained while playing ranked games, this excludes the Kill Your Friends mode, and increasing the Player Level.
When a player buys a Teachable Perk from the Shrine, the Perk will from then on be unlocked in every Character's Bloodweb .
This means that when buying a Unique Killer Perk, all the Killers will then be able to unlock that Perk in their respective Bloodwebs. This takes away the necessity for players to spend lots of Bloodpoints on a single Character, levelling them to Level 40 in order to obtain all their Teachable Perks the regular way. When a Perk has been bought in the Shrine, it will no longer show up in the original Character's Bloodweb when reaching the required level.
The Shrine renews itself every week with a new set of randomly chosen Teachable Perks. This makes it possible for a player to theoretically obtain a maximum of 4 Teachable Perks per week.
Teachable Perks generally cost 2,000 Iridescent Shards unless they are part of the 3 most recent Chapters, then they will cost 2,700 Iridescent Shards.
Buying a Teachable Perk that one has already unlocked on a Character will instead award 150,000 Bloodpoints for the former and 250,000 Bloodpoints for the latter.
Shrine Perk Count
For a list of the number of times every Teachable Perk has appeared on The Shrine of Secrets so far, please refer to the Shrines of Secrets Archive
Current Shrine of Secrets
|Teachable Perk||Cost||Unique Perk of|
|Off the Record||
|refreshes in 7 days|
Past Shrines of Secrets
For a list of all of the past Shrines of Secrets, please refer to the Shrines of Secrets Archive
Prior to Patch 2.0.0, Iridescent Shards were earned at a maximum of 10 Shards per Trial (1 gained per minute), and Teachable Perks used to cost 550 Iridescent Shards or 750 Iridescent Shards. They were also capped at 1,000.
- For the first initial weeks of Patch 2.0.0, the Shrine of Secrets was deactivated until the Patch went live on the Console version of the game, that wasn't available until a few weeks later due to the certification process of Sony and Microsoft.
- This was because the Shrine is synchronised across all Platforms and doesn't support two different pricing systems.
- The Shrine was originally planned to go back up on 29 June 2018, but was delayed due to the certification process of the PS4 Patch having had problems and further delays.
- The Shrine went back up on 6 July 2018.
- Since the Shrine renewal of Weeks 14/15 in 2020 fell on April Fool's Day, the Developers had the game create a special April Fool's Shrine that was available for just 24 hours, containing only Calm Spirit , the Perk that hitherto had already appeared the most often on the Shrine.
|Bloodweb||The In-Game Store||Shrine of Secrets||Archives|