Rift Fragments (RF) are one of 6 in-game currencies in Dead by Daylight
Rift Fragments are a special currency not listed amongst the other available ones and only available for use when a Rift is currently open.
Rift Fragments are automatically used to progress through the 70 Tiers of a Rift.
Gaining Rift Fragments
Whenever a Rift is open, the Experience Points gained in ranked Trials automatically contribute to gaining fractions of Rift Fragments.
- This is done at a rate of 1 Rift Fragment per 500 XP.
The other ways to gain Rift Fragments is by completing the challenges from the accompanying Tome :
- 3 Rift Fragments for each completed Challenge.
- 5 Rift Fragments for each completed Master Challenge or Glyph Challenge
- 10 Rift Fragments for reaching the Epilogue in Level 1 of a Tome.
- 15 Rift Fragments for reaching the Epilogue in Level 2 of a Tome.
- 20 Rift Fragments for reaching the Epilogue in Level 3 of a Tome.
- 25 Rift Fragments for reaching the Epilogue in Level 4 of a Tome.
|Tome||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Total
|Tome I - Awakening||93||84||90||73||340||350|
|Tome II - Reckoning||98||98||98||99||393||297|
|Tome III - Escalation||104||96||99||106||405||285|
|Tome IV - Conviction||98||88||86||86||358||332|
|Tome V - Unleashed||87||90||88||82||347||343|
|Tome VI - Divergence||93||88||86||79||346||344|
|Tome VII - Forsaken||93||102||103||100||398||292|
|Tome VIII - Deliverance||102||107||102||124||435||255|
|Tome IX - Crescendo||83||71||85||85||324||366|
|Tome 9.5 - The Midnight Grove||40||76||N/A||N/A||116||N/A|
|Tome X - SAW||98||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
A Rift has 70 Tiers and Players need 10 Rift Fragments to progress through one Tier.
As all Players start with Tier 1 already unlocked, this equates to 690 Rift Fragments per Rift.
- Quality of Life: reduced the XP-requirement for a Rift Fragment from 800 XP to 500 XP.
- Quality of Life: the amount of Rift Fragments awarded for completing a Tome Level has been changed from 10 for each Level to 10, 15, 20, and 25 for Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively.
- When a Rift closes, its corresponding Tome will be placed in the Compendium section.
- Completing Challenges from Tomes featured in the Compendium will not award any Rift Fragments, only Bloodpoints .
- Rift Fragments are the only currency alongside Iridescent Shards to rely on Experience Points.
|Auric Cells||Bloodpoints||Gold Coins||Iridescent Shards||Putrid Serum||Rift Fragments|