|Rites of Judgement|
Power Attack Type
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|92 % | 3.68 m/s|
(Charging Torment Mode)
110 % | 4.4 m/s
|CHAPTER XVI: Silent Hill|
Terror Radius Music
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XVI: Silent Hill, a Chapter DLC released on 16 June of 2020.
He originates from the video game franchise Silent Hill, specifically Silent Hill 2 (2001).
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Executioner's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Change Log
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
The Executioner is a map-manipulation Killer, able to torment Survivors with the hazards he creates. Affected Survivors will be vulnerable to his special Hook, the Cage of Atonement and his special mori, Final Judgement.
Difficulty rating: Intermediate
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
A sadistic and merciless executioner, Pyramid Head is fixated on dispensing punishment through pain.
Encumbered by the steel frame upon his head and with a hulking great blade in tow, he stalked the hellish corridors of Silent Hill, committed to a duty that no one truly understood. Where he trod, even monsters fled for the shadows, and those who crossed his path fell victim to unrestrained acts of aggression.
When his duty was complete and his presence no longer needed, he prepared for the long rest — and yet, his skills were required elsewhere. The Fog that streamed over him was somehow different than that he was accustomed to in Silent Hill, as if each wisp contained the nerves of a creature, writhing, seeking him out.
There was an unspoken agreement in that moment. The billowing cloud was an invitation to duty and sadism, and Pyramid Head, taking a step into The Fog, accepted his obligation once more.
The Executioner's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Executioner's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Forced Penance - Level 30
- Trail of Torment - Level 35
- Deathbound - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Executioner's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Those who stand in the way of duty will suffer harsh judgement.
|Trail of Torment||
You guide your victims along a path of pain and punishment.
Trail of Torment has a cool-down of 80/70/60 seconds.
Those whose lives are intertwined in darkness are destined to suffer together.
When a Survivor heals another Survivor for the equivalent of 1 Health State at least 32 metres away from you, that Survivor will scream, revealing their location and activating Deathbound:
Weapon: Great Knife
A massive chef's knife to reap affliction and misery from his victims.
- His knife is big and long which makes it difficult to dodge his attacks.
Power: Rites of Judgement
|Open the Gates of Suffering and be judged! The Great Knife splits the ground, giving rise to an infernal construct and spreading agony to all who approach.|
RITES OF JUDGEMENT:
Hold the Power button to activate, then move forwards in any direction to carve a Torment Trail into the ground.
Survivors who walk or run on the Torment Trail will trigger Killer Instinct, as well as become afflicted with Torment.
Survivors afflicted with Torment may be sent to a Cage of Atonement when they are in the Dying State .
Being rescued or rescuing another Survivor from a Cage of Atonement will remove Torment.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Punishment of the Damned
Press the Attack button while Rites of Judgement is active to perform Punishment of the Damned.
This unleashes a wave of force in the form of an Attack Trail, damaging any Survivors in its path.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Cage of Atonement
Press the Active Ability button while standing over a dying Survivor afflicted with Torment to send them to a Cage of Atonement .
Survivors in a Cage of Atonement undergo the regular Sacrifice process as if they were on a Hook .
SPECIAL ABILITY: Final Judgement
Press the Active Ability button while standing over a dying Survivor afflicted with Torment and who has reached the second Hook Stage either on a Hook or in a Cage of Atonement to execute them using a Mini-Mori.
Rites of Judgement:
- Rites of Judgement takes 1 second to both activate and cancel.
- The Executioner is slowed down to 92 % or 3.68 m/s during this time and may not attack.
- Rites of Judgement lasts for 5 seconds and requires to recharge 5 Charges.
- The fixed Recharge rate is set to 0.25 c/s.
- It therefore takes 20 seconds to recharge by default.
- Remaining stationary while using Rites of Judgement will pause the Power gauge depletion until movement is re-initiated.
This also applies to falling from a ledge.
- Killer Instinct will last for 3 seconds by default.
- Rescuing Survivors from Cages of Atonement takes 1 second.
- Cages of Atonement will relocate if The Executioner stands within a 5-metre radius for 3.5 seconds.
- Cages that relocate apply a cool-down of 10 seconds to the Entity-progression.
Punishment of the Damned:
- Punishment of the Damned applies damage during 0.6 seconds.
- Survivors hit by the attack will become shielded from additional damage for 1 second.
- Punishment of the Damned has a default cool-down time of 2.25 seconds.
This applies to successful, missed and obstructed hits.
- The Punishment of the Damned Attack Trail will spawn with a delay of 0.267 seconds.
The individual Attack Trail Elements will spawn with a time offset of 0.033 seconds between each element to simulate a propagating attack wave.
- The Punishment of the Damned Attack Trail has a default length of 8 metres.
- Punishment of the Damned costs 20 % of the maximum Rites of Judgement charges per attack.
- The Torment Trail is comprised of individual Trail Elements that make up the Trail as a whole.
- 100 Trail Elements can co-exist at any given time on the Map, at which point they will start to replace the oldest ones in chronological order.
- Restricted Trail Elements mark a special exception as they are elements placed in too close proximity to certain Props:
only 25 Restricted Trail Elements may co-exist at any given time.
- Trail Elements remain for 75 seconds by default.
- Restricted Trail Elements only remain for 3 seconds by default.
- Restricted Trail Elements are spawned at the following distances to Props:
- within 4 metres of Hooks and Generators
- within 3 metres of Exit Gate Switches and the Hatch
- The Torment Trail is revealed to The Executioner within a range of 32 metres.
- Torment Trails cannot be placed in the Basement.
Add-ons for Rites of Judgement
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Lead Ring||Found in a refrigerator. It's engraved with a disgusting, bloated face.
|Dead Butterfly||A butterfly found on a bed at Wood Side Apartments. It's frail and nearly falls apart when touched.
|Copper Ring||Found in the basement of Brookhaven Hospital. It's engraved with a picture of a spider.
"I was locked up inside the basement's basement. It was so small and dark, and I was so afraid. I dropped my precious ring. But I'll never ever go back there."
|Black Strap||A nylon strap that was used to restrain a victim to a metal frame. The colour makes it difficult to see the blood-soaked into it.
|Wax Doll||A doll carved from wax, handcrafted by a prisoner who would soon face their judgement.
|Spearhead||The sharp, rusted tip of a spear. It's flaked with blood from its last victim.
|Leopard-Print Fabric||A shred of pink, leopard-print fabric. It's difficult to tell what it was used for.
"It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, James." — Maria
|Forgotten Videotape||A videotape of two lovers vacationing in Silent Hill. Despite its sentimental value, it was left behind in the Lakeview Hotel.
|Cinderella Music Box||A music box with a figure from the fairy tale Cinderella, found inside a suitcase adorned with stickers from multiple destinations.
|Valtiel Sect Photograph||A photograph of two figures in red hoods. Entitled Crimson and White Banquet for the Gods.
|Tablet of the Oppressor||A metal tablet engraved with Aztec figures.
|Misty Day, Remains of Judgement||A painting of an imposing figure wearing a steel pyramid atop his head. Victims are caged in the background.
|Mannequin Foot||The smooth grey foot of a mannequin, brutally torn from its leg.
|Burning Man Painting||A diagram of the Lakeview Hotel. Red flames are painted over this place of guilt.
|Scarlet Egg||A fresh egg, strikingly red in colour, about the size of a quail's egg.
"I've never been so scared in my whole life! You couldn't care less about me... could you?" — Maria
|Rust-Coloured Egg||An old-looking egg, coloured reddish orange, about the size of a quail's egg.
"James... you made me happy." — Mary
|Lost Memories Book||A book about the history and legends of Silent Hill and the surrounding area.
"They called this place 'The Place of the Silent Spirits'."
|Crimson Ceremony Book||A book about an ancient god. Author unknown.
"Speak! I am the Crimson One! The lies and the mist are not they, but I!"
|Obsidian Goblet||An ancient looking goblet carved from pure obsidian.
"Forgive me for waking you. But without you, I just can't go on." — James Sunderland
|Iridescent Seal of Metatron||A talisman with an odd design inscribed on it. The Entity's influence seems to have altered it.
"This magic square, with strong protective and dispelling properties, is called the 'Virun VII Crest' or the 'Seal of Metatron'."
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Executioner.
|Adept Executioner||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Executioner using only his Unique Perks: Forced Penance , Trail of Torment & Deathbound .|
|Cleansed in Agony||With The Executioner , ensnare 30 Survivors in Cages of Atonement .|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Executioner reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Executioner's attire includes:
- Linked Cosmetics : click on the icon in the table below to see the individual parts of a Cosmetic Set and their descriptions.
|The Corrupted||Very Rare||Born from a dark wish, his purpose was to find and punish the guilty.||One-piece Outfit||Dark Wish||
|Forge Born||Very Rare||Straight from the fiery forge, an inferno of cruelty and malice rages.||One-piece Outfit||Immolation||
- Main Article: Downloadable Content
The Executioner is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- Nerf: cancelling Rites of Judgement now applies the same slow-down for the same duration as activating it (3.68 m/s for 1 second).
- During this time, The Executioner is also prevented from initiating a Basic Attack.
- Buff: reduced the cool-down after using Punishment of the Damned to 2.25 seconds from 2.75 seconds.
- The Executioner was the thirteenth licensed Character to be introduced to Dead by Daylight .
- The Executioner was the fifth Killer to have a special chase music.
- Cages of Atonement are internally referred to as "Deathbeds".
- The Executioner has the most ways of killing the Survivors than any Killer;
- Sacrificing the Survivors to The Entity.
- Performing a Mori on a Survivor.
- Letting a Survivor bleed out.
- A Survivor being killed by The Entity during the Endgame Collapse.
- A Survivor being killed while inside a Cage of Atonement.
- Performing The Final Judgment on a Survivor.
- In a technical sense, The Executioner is the only Killer with more than one Mori.
- The Executioner shares his voice-actor with The Oni , The Twins (Victor), and partially with The Blight .
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III (1-3)
+ PARAGRAPH I (1)
|CHAPTERS IV-VII (4-7)||CHAPTERS VIII-XI (8-11)||PARAGRAPH III (3)|
+ CHAPTERS XIII+XIV (13+14)
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV-XVIII (15-18)||CHAPTERS XIX+XX (19+20)|
|Zarina Kassir||Yun-Jin Lee|
|Cheryl Mason||Jill Valentine|
|Felix Richter||Leon Scott Kennedy|
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III (1-3)||CHAPTERS IV+V (4+5)
+ PARAGRAPH II (2)
|CHAPTERS VI-VIII (6-8)||CHAPTERS IX-XI (9-11)|
|The Trapper - Evan MacMillan||The Nurse - Sally Smithson||The Doctor - Herman Carter||The Nightmare - Freddy Krueger||The Spirit - Rin Yamaoka|
|The Wraith - Philip Ojomo||The Shape - Michael Myers||The Huntress - Anna||The Pig - Amanda Young||The Legion - Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey|
|The Hillbilly - Max Thompson Jr.||The Hag - Lisa Sherwood||The Cannibal - Bubba Sawyer||The Clown - Jeffrey Hawk||The Plague - Adiris|
|CHAPTERS XII-XIV (12-14)||CHAPTERS XV-XVII (15-17)||CHAPTERS XVIII-XX (18-20)|
|The Ghost Face - Danny Johnson||The Deathslinger - Caleb Quinn||The Twins - Victor & Charlotte Deshayes|
|The Demogorgon - Demogorgon||The Executioner - Pyramid Head||The Trickster - Ji-Woon Hak|
|The Oni - Kazan Yamaoka||The Blight - Talbot Grimes||The Nemesis - Nemesis T-Type|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|LEGENDARY SURVIVOR CHARACTERS|
|Alessa Gillespie||Cybil Bennett||Jonathan Byers||Lisa Garland|
|LEGENDARY KILLER CHARACTERS|
|The Birch||The Look-See||The Mordeo|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|