|Every Killer has their own individual powers to learn and master.
Each Killer has a different way to track and kill their prey.
Try them all and experiment with different combinations of Perks and Add-ons.
|~ Killer Powers, Killer Tutorial|
Each Killer has a unique Power, creating their distinct and unique play-styles.
Additional information can be found in the Power Trivia section on each Killer's article page.
|A large foothold trap made of steel. Bear Traps are found lying around throughout the Trial Grounds, waiting to be picked up and set anywhere.|
The Trapper starts the Trial with 2 Bear Traps equipped, with 6 Bear Traps spawned randomly throughout the Trial Grounds.
The Trapper sees the Auras of every Bear Trap at all times.
Collecting Bear Traps:
Press the Interaction button while standing near a disarmed Bear Trap to collect it.
The Trapper can carry 2 Bear Traps at a time.
- An armed Bear Trap will trap and immobilise any Survivor who steps into it.
If the Survivor was healthy, they will be put into the Injured State .
- An armed Bear Trap will also trap The Trapper, if he steps into it.
This temporarily immobilises him while he frees his foot and resets the Bear Trap.
If he was carrying a Survivor, that Survivor will escape from his shoulder.
- A trapped Survivor can attempt to free themselves from the Bear Trap or have another Survivor rescue them.
|A heavy cast iron bell imbued with ancient powers. Allows the user to enter and walk the Spirit World when rung.|
Press and hold the Power button to cloak.
Press and hold it again to uncloak, granting a short Lunge forward for 1 second upon re-appearing.
The Wailing Bell can be heard up to 24 metres away, and the accompanying *Wooosh* noise up to 40 metres away.
- Grants near total invisibility when moving and total invisibility while standing still for a moment.
- The Wraith is completely invisible from farther than 20 metres away.
- Grants increased Movement speed (6.0 m/s).
- Grants the Undetectable Status Effect.
- The Wraith is unable to attack, but can interact with environmental objects.
|A hulking and deadly Chainsaw of terrifying strength. Grinds through flesh, bone, and soul. Once revved up, sends its user into a violent frenzy.|
Press and hold the Power button to break into a Chainsaw Sprint, moving at twice your regular Movement speed (9.2 m/s).
Survivors hit during a Chainsaw Sprint are put into the Dying State .
- Each Chainsaw action (starting, revving, and sprinting) will cause the Overheat meter to fill.
- When the Overheat meter is filled, the Chainsaw cannot be used until its fully cooled down.
- Reaching the Overheat limit will not interrupt an ongoing Chainsaw Sprint.
- The Overheat meter decreases when the Chainsaw is not in use.
Detention is an unused Killer Power for an unused Killer.This Power's icon, along with those of the Item Trapple and the Perk Underperform were added sometime in July or August 2016, before The Nurse's release, which fuelled speculations about the then upcoming new Killer being teacher-themed.
Spencer's Last Breath
|A powerful and violent last breath snatched from Crotus Prenn Asylum Warden Patrick Spencer.
Channelling its energy allows The Nurse to pierce and jump through the Spirit World in a blink multiple times in a row. Doing so leaves her in a state of fatigue.
SPENCER'S LAST BREATH:
Press and hold the Power button to charge a Blink:
- Blink for up to 20 metres upon activation.
- During the ensuing Chain Blink Window, charge again to initiate a Chain Blink of up to 12 metres upon activation.
- After either the Chain Blink Window closed or the final Chain Blink elapsed, enter a state of Fatigue (2-3 seconds*).
- Grants 1 Chain Blink.
- Shining Flashlights directly at The Nurse prevents her from charging a Blink for as long as the light is shining at her.
- When she is already charging a Blink, shining Flashlights directly at The Nurse or detonating Firecrackers or Flash Grenades near her will stun her, causing her to abort the Blink and go into Fatigue.
|The darkness inside feeds his determination to take the life of his prey.|
Activating Evil Within allows The Shape to see his prey clearly and build up more evil power by stalking them:
Evil Within I:
- The Shape is granted the Undetectable Status Effect.
- The Shape has a reduced Movement speed of 4.2 m/s.
- The Shape has a reduced Lunge Attack open time of 0.2 seconds, decreasing his range.
- The Shape has a normal Vaulting time of 1.7 seconds.
Evil Within II:
- The Shape has a reduced Terror Radius of 16 metres.
- The Shape has a normal Movement speed of 4.6 m/s.
- The Shape has a normal Lunge Attack open time of 0.5 seconds.
- The Shape has a reduced Vaulting time of 1.48 seconds.
Evil Within III:
- All Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 60 seconds, after which The Shape automatically regresses to Evil Within II.
- The Shape has a normal Terror Radius of 32 metres.
- The Shape has a normal Movement speed of 4.6 m/s.
- The Shape has an increased Lunge Attack open time of 0.6 seconds, increasing his range.
- The Shape has a further reduced Vaulting time of 1.275 seconds.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Stalk
Press and hold the Power button to stalk all visible Survivors.
Stalking Survivors builds up your progress through Evil Within Tiers.
"I met him, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong.
I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes.
I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realised that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil." — Dr Sam Loomis
Press the Power button to bend down and draw a muddy Phantasm Trap sign:
- The Hag can maintain up to 10 Phantasm Traps.
- Each subsequently drawn Phantasm Trap will replace the oldest one.
Survivors entering the Phantasm Trap's Area of Effect will trip the trap, spawning a Mud Phantasm:
- The Mud Phantasm will yank the Survivor's camera towards it, disorienting them.
- The Mud Phantasm will emit a fake, short-ranged Terror Radius and keep its sight trained on the Survivor disappearing.
Survivors can prevent tripping a Phantasm Trap by either crouching within or interacting with Props within its Area of Effect.
Phantasm Traps are vulnerable to bright lights:
- Shining Flashlights near Phantasm Traps will reveal their Aura to the Survivor.
- Shining Flashlights directly at Phantasm Traps or detonating Firecrackers or Flash Grenades near them will destroy them.
- Destroying a Phantasm Trap notifies The Hag with a Loud Noise Notification.
Successfully striking Survivors with The Doctor's special abilities, Shock Therapy and Static Blast, increases the Survivors' Madness, eventually afflicting them with the Madness Status Effect and triggering increasingly potent effects:
- Causes Survivors to scream once, revealing their location to The Doctor.
- Slight chance to trigger Madness Skill Checks (33 %).
- Causes Survivors to scream once, revealing their location to The Doctor.
- Causes Survivors to experience hallucinations in the form of an Illusionary Doctor.
- Moderate chance to trigger Madness Skill Checks (66 %).
- Causes Survivors to scream intermittently, revealing their location to The Doctor.
- Causes Survivors to experience hallucinations in the form of an Illusionary Doctor.
- Disables Survivors' ability to perform any Repairing, Healing, Sabotaging, Searching, or Cleansing interactions until they successfully Snap Out of It.
- Tremendous chance to trigger Madness Skill Checks (100 %) during Snap Out of It.
- Succeeding Snap Out of It will return Survivors back to Madness I.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Shock Therapy
Press and hold the Power button to perform a Shock Therapy Attack, unleashing a ranged shock attack on the ground in front of The Doctor.
Survivors struck by Shock Therapy gain increased Madness and any interactions they are performing are immediately cancelled and put on a Cool-down of 2.5 seconds.
Shock Therapy immediately negates the Oblivious Status Effect.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Static Blast
Press and hold the Active Ability button to perform a Static Blast, causing all Survivors within The Doctor's Terror Radius to scream.
Survivors struck by Static Blast gain one Madness Tier and any interactions they are performing are immediately cancelled.
Static Blast can only be activated when not on cool-down (60 seconds).Static Blast immediately negates the Oblivious Status Effect.
|A skill taught by her mother and mastered in the wild. The Huntress can throw Hatchets with deadly precision.|
Press and hold the Power button to wind up a Hunting Hatchet.
Release the Power button to initiate a Hatchet Throw.
- Start the Trial with 5 Hunting Hatchets.
- The Hatchet Throw can be charged for maximum Throwing speed (40 m/s).
- The Hatchet Throw can be cancelled mid-charge.
- Hunting Hatchets are consumed on use and can be refilled at Lockers .
|An incredibly powerful and heavy Chainsaw which sank its teeth into countless victims.
A suitable birthday gift for The Cannibal.
The Cannibal starts the Trial with 3 Charges.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Chainsaw Sweep
Press and hold the Power button to consume one Charge and perform a Chainsaw Dash for 2 seconds that can hit multiple targets.
Survivors hit during a Chainsaw Dash are put into the Dying State .
Additional Chainsaw Dashes
Press the Power button again during the Chainsaw Dash window to consume another Charge and extend the Chainsaw Sweep by another Chainsaw Dash.
- Resets the Chainsaw Sweep timer to 2 seconds.
- Increases the Chainsaw Sweep cool-down by 1 second per charge.
Charges replenish while Bubba's Chainsaw is not in use.
The Tantrum meter slowly fills when revving Bubba's Chainsaw.
Once the meter is full, or after hitting an obstacle during a Chainsaw Sweep, The Cannibal unleashes a Tantrum, wildly slashing out and damaging any Survivors in close proximity, putting them into the Dying State .
- Tantrum duration increases by 1 second for each Charge that was consumed.
- Lose any remaining Charges.
- Tremendously decreased (set to: 0.46 m/s; 11.5 %) Movement speed.
|Death won't accept him and thus he remains, a calamity, indisputable master of his victims' nightmares.|
Dream Demon cloaks The Nightmare from awake Survivors, causing them to hear his Terror Radius , but only seeing him fully when he is within 16 metres, and only intermittently from 16 to 32 metres.
The Nightmare is invisible to Survivors when he is farther than 32 metres away.
The Nightmare's presence in the Trial Grounds induces micro-sleep, passively causing Survivors to fall asleep over 60 seconds, after which they enter the Dream World.
Once inside the Dream World, Survivors suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect:
- Survivors only hear The Nightmare's non-directional Lullaby.
- Survivors can see and be affected by Dream Traps placed by The Nightmare.
Survivors have several ways to wake up and leave the Dream World:
- Failing Skill Checks
- Have an awake Survivor perform the Wake Up action on them.
Each successive Wake Up action will take twice as long to perform.
- Find and use their personal Alarm Clock.
Using the Alarm Clock will give Survivors immunity from micro-sleep for 30 seconds.
This includes being pulled into the Dream World by successful Basic Attacks.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Dream Snare
Press and hold the Power button to place a Dream Snare on the ground directly in front of The Nightmare.
Survivors that come in contact with a Dream Snare suffer from the Hindered Status Effect, slowing them for as long as they remain within its Area of Effect and for a short duration after leaving it.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Dream Pallet
Press and hold the Power button to place a Dream Pallet at an available location.
A Dream Pallet dropped by a Survivor will be destroyed immediately and not stun The Nightmare.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Dream Projection
Press and hold the Active Ability button to perform a Dream Projection and teleport to a Generator in view.
Releasing the button early will cancel the action.
For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by a stack-able 15 %.
"You have nothing to worry about. This won't hurt one... little... bit." — Freddy Krueger
|Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles.
The Pig can move stealthily, dash in Ambush Attacks and put deadly Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors' heads.
The Pig starts the Trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps.
Inactive Reverse Bear Traps:
While standing over a Survivor who is in the Dying State , press the Active Ability button to place an Inactive Reverse Bear Trap on that Survivor's head.
- Survivors may attempt to free themselves from an Inactive Reverse Bear Trap by searching Jigsaw Boxes for the key.
- Jigsaw Boxes are located around the environment.
- Survivors may leave through an Exit Gate while wearing an Inactive Reverse Bear Trap.
Active Reverse Bear Traps:
Whenever a Generator is completed, all currently Inactive Reverse Bear Trap will activate:
- Active Reverse Bear Traps initiate the Death timer, a countdown timer displayed on the Survivor's Status icon that expires after 150 seconds.
- Once the Death timer expires, the Active Reverse Bear Traps snaps open, automatically killing the Survivor.
- A Survivor attempting to leave the Trial Grounds through an Exit Gate with an Active Reverse Bear Traps immediately trips the Reverse Bear Trap.
- The trap will beep rapidly warning the Survivor of the active nature, even with the timer paused due to chase or downed.
- The tripping occurs halfway between the gate and the exit.
- Survivors can exit through the hatch with an Active Reverse Bear Trap.
- The Death timer is paused whenever the Survivor is being chased by The Pig, is in the Dying State, or is on the Hook.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Crouch
Press the Active Ability button to crouch and uncrouch.
- When crouched, The Pig is granted the Undetectable Status Effect at the cost of moving at a slower speed (3.6 m/s).
"You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. The marks on your arms, they're from another life. We'll leave that life behind. When you walk down that corridor there is no turning back. Do you understand that?" — Jigsaw's Baptism
The Afterpiece Tonic
THE AFTERPIECE TONIC:
Start the Trial with a shared stock of 4 Bottles Tap the Active Ability button to switch between the Afterpiece Tonic and the Afterpiece Antidote.
Tap or hold and release the Power button to launch a Bottle.
The maximum Throw charge is reached when a shimmer travels across the Bottle.
Press and hold the Active Ability button to replenish your Bottles at any time.
SPECIAL ABILITY: AFTERPIECE TONIC
On contact, the Tonic Bottle will break, releasing a purple Gas Cloud that intoxicates Survivors.
Intoxicated Survivors suffer from the following afflictions while they are inside the Gas Cloud and for another 2 seconds after leaving it:
- Impairs the Survivors' vision.
- Triggers involuntary coughing.
- Suppresses the ability to fast vault.
- Incurs a 15 % Hindered Status Effect.
The Tonic Gas Cloud and its effects are immediately neutralised by an Antidote Gas Cloud.
SPECIAL ABILITY: AFTERPIECE ANTIDOTE
On contact, the Antidote Bottle will break, releasing an initially white and inactive Gas Cloud, which then turns gold after 2.5 seconds and invigorates both The Clown and Survivors when they enter it.
Invigorated Players benefit from the following effects after entering the Gas Cloud:
- Grants a 10 % Haste Status Effect for 5 seconds.
|Yamaoka is the name she carries from her ancestors, who unleashed hell on the battlefield.
The Spirit draws her power from their wrath, haunting the living as retribution for her suffering.
The Spirit can use Yamaoka's Haunting to enter the Ethereal Plane and re-appear at a new location.
Press and hold the Power button to charge Yamaoka's Haunting and initiate a Phase-Walk.
The Spirit will depart her physical body and enter the Ethereal Plane, leaving behind a stationary Husk.
Using Yamaoka's Haunting depletes The Spirit's Power gauge (5 seconds).
It will automatically replenish over time (15 seconds).
The Power gauge must be fully replenished before another Phase-Walk can be initiated.
- The Spirit may traverse to a new location at an increased Movement speed (7.04 m/s).
- The Spirit loses sight of all Survivors, but still sees the Scratch Marks they leave throughout the Trial Grounds.
- The Spirit emits an audible, directional cue while Phase Walking within 24 metres of her ethereal form.
- When ending a Phase-Walk, The Spirit retains her Movement Speed boost for a brief moment and her Husk fades away.
- The Husk emits The Spirit's regular Terror Radius .
- Survivors may disperse the Husk by shining a Flashlight on it.
- When not Phase-Walking and only from the Survivor's Point of View, The Spirit constantly phases in and out of view at random intervals.
|They were a plain group of friends until Frank formed them into a Legion.
Now they draw power from the thrilling freedom of not abiding to any rule but their own.
Trigger Feral Frenzy to run at high speed and chain attacks between multiple Survivors, further increasing their speed and building their power.
When the Power gauge is full, press the Power button to initiate Feral Frenzy.
While Feral Frenzy is active, The Legion moves at 5.2 m/s and gains access to additional abilities: Feral Vault and Feral Slash.
However, The Legion loses the ability to see Scratch Marks and Pools of Blood while in Feral Frenzy.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Feral Slash:
Press the Attack button while in Feral Frenzy to perform a Feral Slash.
Hitting a Survivor with Feral Slash puts them into the Injured State and inflicts the Deep Wound Status Effect.
Additionally, this refills The Legion's Power gauge and all Survivors within the Terror Radius not already afflicted with the Deep Wound Status Effect have their location revealed by Killer Instinct.
Each successful Feral Slash will further increase The Legion's Movement speed in Feral Frenzy by +0.2 m/s, up to a maximum of +0.8 m/s after four successful Feral Slashes.
Attacking a Survivor with a fifth Feral Slash will immediately put them into the Dying State and end Feral Frenzy.
|Her condition deteriorated as the black plague overtook her body: her toes blackened, her neck mushroomed into cysts, and her throat gagged with bloody vomit.|
The Plague can infect environmental objects and Survivors with Vile Purge, creating an unending cycle of Sickness.
Press and hold the Power button to charge Vile Purge, and release it to unleash a stream of infectious bile.
- Hitting a Survivor will cause them to become infected.
- Hitting an environmental object will cause it to become infected for 40 seconds.
- Survivors interacting with infected objects will also become infected themselves.
A sick Survivor will vomit at random intervals, infecting nearby environmental objects as well as other Survivors.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Ingest Corruption
Infected Survivors can heal themselves back to full health, and cure their infection, by cleansing themselves at a Pool of Devotion.
- Pools of Devotion are located around the environment.
- Cleansing will corrupt the Pool of Devotion, allowing The Plague to consume the corruption and empower her purge.
Press and hold the Interaction button while next to a corrupt Pool of Devotion to transform Vile Purge into Corrupt Purge for 60 seconds, removing it from the Pool of Devotion.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Corrupt Purge
Press and hold the Power button to charge Corrupt Purge, and release it to unleash a stream of damaging bile.
|The Ghost Face used to study his victims for weeks, meticulously registering their habits.
When the urge to kill swelled, he'd know exactly how and where to strike.
Press the Power button to activate Night Shroud when the Power gauge is full.
The Ghost Face is granted the Undetectable Status Effect when Night Shroud is active.
Performing a Basic Attack fully depletes the Power gauge and deactivates Night Shroud.
Survivors within close proximity to The Ghost Face may attempt to reveal him by looking in his direction for 1.5 seconds.
A successful reveal fully depletes The Ghost Face's Power gauge and automatically deactivates Night Shroud for 24 seconds.
Survivors who reveal The Ghost Face have their current location indicated by Killer Instinct for 2 seconds.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Stalk
Hold down the Power button to stalk Survivors when Night Shroud is active.
Hold down the Power button when behind cover to lean out and stalk at a faster rate (x2).
Completing stalk progress on a Survivor will cause them to become Marked, applying the Exposed Status Effect for 60 seconds.
During this time, the Survivor is also unable to reveal The Ghost Face.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Crouch
Press the Active Ability button to crouch.
Press it again when crouched to stand.
The Ghost Face moves at a slower speed when crouched (3.6 m/s).
"Don't mind me. That's it, keep going. Perfect. That's the image I'll keep of you." — The Ghost Face
Of the Abyss
|An unknown and otherworldly power surged through its body.
Suddenly the ground ripped open, swallowing The Demogorgon whole.
OF THE ABYSS:
Press and hold the Power button to fully charge and activate Of the Abyss.
- All Survivors within a close proximity to any activated Portals will be indicated by Killer Instinct.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Portals
Press the Active Ability button to place an inactive Portal on the ground in front of you.
- Inactive Portals are invisible to Survivors and cannot be sealed by them.
Traversing the Upside Down
When standing on a placed Portal while viewing a highlighted Portal, press the Active Ability button to travel through the Upside Down, emerging from the highlighted Portal.
- After emerging from a Portal, The Demogorgon is cloaked by the Undetectable Status Effect for 3 seconds.
Portals become activated when they are first traversed to or from.
- Activated Portals are visible to Survivors and can be sealed by them.
- Survivors walking atop or sealing an activated Portal suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect.
|The desire to destroy weaker bloodlines shaped into a literal force.|
Press and hold the Power button to absorb Blood Orbs in the environment and fill your Power gauge.
When your Power gauge is full, press and hold the Active Ability button to initiate Blood Fury.
|The Deathslinger's ingenuity affords him the ability to reel in bounties with a unique invention — a heavily modified, hybrid rifle that replaces conventional ammunition with a razor-sharp spear affixed to a chain.|
Press and hold the Power button to aim down sights.
Press the Attack button to shoot a spear that can lodge itself in a Survivor, allowing them to be reeled in towards The Deathslinger against their will.
While a Survivor is speared by The Redeemer, press and hold the Power button to reel them in towards you.
Survivors may struggle against the chain or use the environment to pressure the chain to break.
Doing so will result in briefly stunning The Deathslinger as well as putting the Survivor in the Injured State and applying the Deep Wound Status Effect.
Using a Basic Attack while a Survivor is speared will break the chain without applying either a stun penalty to The Deathslinger or the Deep Wound Status Effect to the Survivor.
Successfully hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack while they are speared and healthy will also apply the Deep Wound Status Effect.
The Redeemer must be reloaded after every shot, before it may be fired again. Press and hold the Active Ability button to reload The Redeemer.
Rites of Judgement
|Open the Gates of Suffering and be judged! The Great Knife splits the ground, giving rise to an infernal construct and spreading agony to all who approach.|
RITES OF JUDGEMENT:
Hold the Power button to activate, then move forwards in any direction to carve a Torment Trail into the ground.
Survivors who walk or run on the Torment Trail will trigger Killer Instinct, as well as become afflicted with Torment.
Survivors afflicted with Torment may be sent to a Cage of Atonement when they are in the Dying State .
Being rescued or rescuing another Survivor from a Cage of Atonement will remove Torment.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Punishment of the Damned
Press the Attack button while Rites of Judgement is active to perform Punishment of the Damned.
This unleashes a wave of force in the form of an Attack Trail, damaging any Survivors in its path.
Torment and who has reached the second Hook Stage either on a Hook or in a Cage of Atonement to execute them using a Mini-Mori.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Cage of Atonement
Press the Active Ability button while standing over a dying Survivor afflicted with Torment to send them to a Cage of Atonement .
Survivors in a Cage of Atonement undergo the regular Sacrifice process as if they were on a Hook .
|Pustula serum courses through his veins, corrupting his mind and body, yet granting him unnatural physical abilities.|
The Blight starts the Trial with 5 Tokens.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Rush
When Blighted Corruption is fully charged, press the Power button to initiate a Rush, allowing The Blight to dash forwards at great speed, consuming 1 Token in the process.
- During a Rush, The Blight is unable to initiate an Attack.
A Slam is performed by rushing The Blight into obstacles or walls, which opens the Chain Rush Window.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Lethal Rush
During the Chain Rush Window, press the Power button again to initiate a Lethal Rush, consuming 1 Token in the process.
- During a Lethal Rush, The Blight can initiate an Attack by pressing the Attack button.
- Rushing into Pallets or Breakable Walls while attacking will destroy them.
After either the Chain Rush Window closes or the final Lethal Rush with all Tokens are consumed, The Blight enters Fatigue and begins recharging the Tokens.
|Though forever bound through blood and trauma, The Twins have been granted the power to separate from their shared body. Together they hunt as brother and sister, doubling the threat to Survivors.|
- Pressing the Ability button allows you to swap control back and forth between Charlotte and Victor .
While controlling Victor, Charlotte falls into a Dormant State.
- In the Dormant State, Charlotte's Terror Radius and Red Stain are hidden.
- In the Dormant State, Charlotte temporarily retains collision, blocking a Survivor's path.
Victor can scour the environment at great speed in search of Survivors.
- Victor cannot see Scratch Marks .
- Victor can see Pools of Blood left by injured Survivors in bright red.
- Victor can search Lockers for Survivors.
If he finds one, control automatically reverts to Charlotte while he holds the Locker doors shut, trapping the Survivor for up to 10 seconds while they struggle against it.
While controlling Charlotte, Victor will trigger Killer Instinct on any walking or running Survivors within his Shriek range, revealing their outlines to Charlotte.
- When Victor is idle, Survivors can perform the Crush action on him, crushing him in the process and forcing him to re-grow on Charlotte's after 6 seconds.
- Victor will automatically dissolve and re-grow on Charlotte after 90 seconds.
- Charlotte can voluntarily recall Victor after 30 seconds .
Pouncing at a Survivor will damage them.
- If the Survivor was at full health, Victor will latch onto them; control will swap back to Charlotte.
- If the Survivor was already in the Injured State , they will be put into the Dying State ; control will remain with Victor.
A Pounce without latching on will leave Victor vulnerable for a short time, in which nearby Survivors can crush him.
If a Pounce lands him on top of an obstacle taller than himself, Victor will automatically dissolve and re-grow on Charlotte.
When latched onto a Survivor, they suffer from various afflictions:
- Broken , Oblivious , and Incapacitated Status Effects.
- Additionally, the Survivor will be unable to enter Lockers or leave through the Exit Gates , while also activating Killer Instinct on nearby Survivors.
|A mesmerising skill honed through a lifetime of practice, Ji-Woon Hak unleashes a flurry of knives with rapid-fire speed.|
Start the Trial with 44 Blades.
Press and hold the Power button to wind up and enter the Throw State.
While in the Throw State, tap the Attack button to throw a single Blade, or hold down the Attack button to unleash a flurry of Blades.
Throwing a flurry of Blades increases control and Throw rate, while decreasing Movement speed.
Restock Blades at Lockers .
A Survivor's Laceration Meter increases each time they are hit by a Blade.
Once the meter is filled (6 Blade Hits), they lose a Health State , putting them either into the Injured or Dying State .
A Survivor's Laceration Meter will gradually decrease if they have not been hit by a Blade for a short time.
Hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack will partially deplete their Laceration Meter.
His Throw rate is significantly increased and his Movement speed does not decrease after each throw.
SPECIAL ATTACK: The Main Event
Each Blade Hit also fills the Event Meter.
Once full, The Main Event can be activated by pressing the Active Ability button.
In this mode The Trickster automatically throws unlimited Blades for the duration of The Main Event.
The Main Event can be cancelled by pressing the Active Ability button again.
Doing so resets the Event Meter and initiates a cool-down on Showstopper.
|A virus that causes extreme mutations and can be transferred to others.
Its effects heighten aggression and strength within The Nemesis.
Your Power expands as your Mutation Rate grows.
Filling the Power gauge with Contamination points from attacking Survivors or Zombies with his Power increases The Nemesis' Mutation Rate:
MUTATION RATE 1:
- No special benefits.
MUTATION RATE 2:
MUTATION RATE 3:
- Increases the reach of the Tentacle Strike from 5 metres to 6 metres.
- Increases the Movement speed of The Nemesis while charging a Tentacle Strike from 3.8 m/s to 4.0 m/s.
SPECIAL ATTACK: TENTACLE STRIKE
Press and hold the Power button to charge an attack, then tap the Attack button to unleash a Tentacle Strike.
- Hitting a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike afflicts them with Contamination and adds +3 Contamination points to the Power gauge.
- Hitting a Survivor already afflicted with Contamination with a Tentacle Strike will damage them, but add just +1 Contamination point to the Power gauge.
- Hitting a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike, regardless of their Contamination status, suffer very briefly from the Hindered Status Effect.
SPECIAL AFFLICTION: CONTAMINATION:
Survivors afflicted with Contamination are susceptible to damage from both The Nemesis' Tentacle Strike, as well as attacks from his Zombies. Contaminated Survivors will also occasionally cough.
Survivors can cure Contamination by using a Vaccine either on themselves or on other Survivors.
A limited number of Vaccines can be found in 4 Supply Cases , that are placed throughout the Trial Grounds.
Using the Vaccine briefly reveals the Survivor's location through Killer Instinct.
SPECIAL ENEMY: ZOMBIES
T-Virus causes 2 Zombies to spawn in and roam about the Trial Grounds.
The Zombies can attack Survivors when they come too close, but abide by the same conditions as a Tentacle Strike.
The Nemesis can wilfully destroy a Zombie to add +1 Contamination point to his Power gauge.
Destroying them using a Basic Attack yields no such reward.
This can be used to manually cause the Zombies to respawn in a different location in the Trial Grounds.
Survivors have limited options to interact with Zombies:
- Blinding them to lose line-of-sight using Flashlights , Firecrackers , or Flash Grenades .
- Destroying them to force a respawn using Pallets or Head On .
Summons of Pain
|An extradimensional gateway that leads to pleasure and pain so great it will tear your soul apart.|
A Survivor bound with a regular Chain is unable to sprint, suffers from the Incapacitated Status Effect, and cannot leave through the Exit Gate .
If the Chain is not broken, a second and eventually a third Chain will appear and bind them as well, each applying a stack-able Movement Speed penalty to the Survivor.
If the bound Survivor brings any environmental object between them and a Chain's Gateway, the Chain will break immediately.
However, this action causes a replacement Chain to spawn and attempt to rebind the Survivor.
If other Survivors, or The Cenobite himself, walk through a Chain, the Chain will also break immediately, without spawning a replacement Chain.
Survivors can see the Aura of the Lament Configuration, which is white when idle and yellow during an on-going Chain Hunt.
Any Survivor can pick-up the Lament Configuration and carry it with them, but not without experiencing some suffering.
- The Survivor suffers permanently from the Oblivious Status Effect.
- The Survivor is intermittently attacked with Chains summoned by the Lament Configuration.
The Lament Configuration cannot be dropped, it must be solved to remove it from their possession.
Solving the Lament Configuration will indicate the Survivor's location to the The Cenobite through Killer Instinct.
While the Lament Configuration is being solved, The Cenobite can choose to teleport to that Survivor's location.
This causes the Lament Configuration to open and bind the Survivor with three small Chains while The Cenobite completes the teleportation.
The Cenobite can pick up the Lament Configuration himself, which will immediately start a Chain Hunt.
Chain Hunt: If left to its own devices, the Lament Configuration eventually initiates a Chain Hunt.
During a Chain Hunt, the Lament Configuration continuously summons Chains that pursue and attempt to bind every Survivor, until any Survivor picks up the Lament Configuration, which ends the Chain Hunt.
Additionally, all Survivors are instantly bound by Chains, causing them to scream and reveal their respective locations.
Birds of Torment
|From a wellspring of eternal agony comes a swarm of darkness, a wild and ferocious murder of ink black crows.|
BIRDS OF TORMENT
Press the Power button to charge Birds of Torment.
Once fully charged, tap the Attack button to summon a Dire Crow.
This action can be repeated in quick succession by continuously holding the Power button and tapping the Attack button again.
When at least one Dire Crow is summoned, it stays idle for a limited amount of time.
Spawning a new Dire Crow will extend the time the previously spawned Dire Crow stays idle.
Tap the Ability button to propel all Idle Dire Crows into flight, following their indicated Flight Path.
Dire Crows inflict damage to Survivors while still on their Flight Path, which is indicated to The Artist.
Once Dire Crows continue past their individual Flight Paths or fly through an obstacle within it, they turn into a Swarm, able to pass through any obstacles while flying on through the environment.
While a Swarm continues in a straight line throughout the environment, it will reveal any nearby Survivors through Killer Instinct.
If a Swarm collides with a Survivor, it will start to swarm them with a Murder of Crows.
The Aura of the Swarm is revealed to The Artist in white at all times, except for when it is being repelled.
If a Swarm collides with an already Swarmed Survivor, it will inflict damage.
Swarmed Survivors can repel the Swarm either by completing the Repel action or by entering a Locker .
During this time, the Swarm's Aura is not revealed to The Artist.
Colliding with an idle Dire Crow while repelling the Swarm, will reset the Repel action.
Both Idle Dire Crows and Swarms are vulnerable to bright lights:
Deluge of Fear
|Through the medium of a mysterious videotape, Sadako spreads her curse to unwitting viewers and causes their untimely deaths.|
Before Manifesting, The Onryō gains the Undetectable Status Effect and is invisible to Survivors, but becomes intermittently visible when within 24 metres of them.
SPECIAL ABILITY: MANIFESTATION
The Onryō must physically manifest to attack Survivors.
Press and hold the Power button to Manifest into material form in your current location.
For a brief duration after Manifesting, The Onryō will continue to be intermittently visible to Survivors when within 24 metres.
Afterwards, she will be fully visible within 24 metres for as long as she remains Manifested.
The Onryō can Demanifest by pressing and holding the Power button again.
SPECIAL ABILITY: PROJECTION
The Onryō can also take material form by Projecting herself through a TV .
Press the Ability button while looking at a powered TV to Project into it, shutting off the TV in the process and automatically Manifesting yourself.
All Survivors within 16 metres of the TV gain Condemned progress.
Retrieving the VHS Tape procs a Loud Noise Notification, revealing the location of a TV, whose Aura is highlighted to the Survivor.
SPECIAL INTERACTION: RETRIEVE TAPE / TURN-OFF TV
Survivors can walk up to any TV to retrieve its VHS Tape , which turns off that TV temporarily.
Holding a VHS Tape, they can walk up to any other TV and turn it off temporarily too.
These interactions, however, come at the cost of adding Condemned progress to the Survivor.
Survivors also passively gain Condemned progress over time when holding a VHS Tape.
This TV allows the Survivor to spread The Onryō's message by inserting the VHS Tape into it.
Doing so removes some Condemned progress.
Reign of Darkness
|Like a dark thought, The Dredge is difficult to shake.
And when night falls, it is nearly impossible.
REIGN OF DARKNESS:
Start the Trial with 3 Tokens.
Press and hold the Power button to activate The Gloaming.
Aim at a Locker and press the Ability button to teleport into it or press the Attack button to return to the Remnant.
The Remnant is disabled when teleporting to a Locker or when a Survivor touches it.
While in a Locker, aim at any other Locker and press the Ability button to teleport again.
Each teleportation consumes 1 Token.
Exiting the Locker or returning to the Remnant will activate The Gloaming's cool-down of 12 seconds, after which all Tokens are replenished.
SPECIAL INTERACTION: GRABBING SURVIVORS
If The Dredge teleports into a Locker that happens to have a Survivor hiding inside it or is in the process of entering it, The Dredge will automatically grab them and leave the Locker with the Survivor on its shoulder.
SPECIAL INTERACTION: LOCKING LOCKERS
At the start of the Trial, every Locker spawns with an open latch on its doors.
Survivors can walk up to any Locker and close that latch, locking it for The Dredge, but also for other Survivors.
This can be done once per Trial for every Locker.
The latch cannot be closed when another Survivor is hiding inside the Locker.
When The Dredge teleports into a locked Locker, it will slow it down while exiting it.
After breaking free, the lock breaks.
The Dredge can break the latch of locked Lockers from the outside by walking up to it and performing a Basic Attack.
Attempting to lock the Locker The Dredge is currently inside of will cause The Dredge to immediately grab the Survivor.
The same applies when attempting to enter that Locker or generally interacting with it in any way.
SPECIAL ABILITY: NIGHTFALL
Whenever a healthy Survivor is injured, a Survivor is hooked, or The Dredge uses its teleportation power, the Nightfall Meter builds.
The Nightfall Meter fills faster for each Survivor in the Injured State .
Once the Nightfall Meter is full, Nightfall begins automatically, forcing Survivors to navigate in near-total darkness.
Nightfall ends after 60 seconds.
Survivors destroying the Remnant will reduce that time.
During Nightfall, The Dredge benefits from the following effects:
- Teleportation to and between Lockers is faster and with a shorter cool-down of 4 seconds.
- Grants the Undetectable Status Effect.