Patch Notes 1.9.X
Patch 1.9.0[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Removed the Winter Event gift box skin and replaced with the Mystery Box
- Content - Removed the Winter accessories and themed skins from the lobbies and in game
- Content - Removed the Winter themed lobby and menu music
- Content - Removed the possibility for the "Winter Party Starter" firecracker item to spawn in chests and in the Bloodweb
- Feature - Added a "Secondary Power" keybinding to the Killer Controls. Hag players can now rebind the Teleport button, which should now prevent accidental teleports when using the Mint Rag add-on.
- BloodWeb Changes
- Changed the half price cost of the Mystery Box back to the original values
- Readjusted drop rates of items from level 25 to 50
- The mystery boxes appearance rate is back at what it was prior to the Winter Event.
- Design Changes
- Blindness status effect now blocks auras of hooked and downed survivors. (This includes Hex: The Third Seal and Huntress Add-ons)
- NURSE: After blinking, the Nurse used to have a special attack with different speed values and detection zones. This has been removed. The Nurse will now have a regular lunge after blinking.
- NURSE: Duration of the blink now depends on the how long the player charged the blink for, rather than the distance traveled during the blink. The time required to fully charge a blink (2 seconds), the maximum distance traveled (20 meters) and the time required to cover that distance (1.5 seconds) remain unchanged.
- NURSE: Lunge speed has been adjusted: She will now accelerate to a maximum speed of 6.9 m/s during the lunge, like other killers. Previously, her regular (non-blink) attack was slower than other killers due to her reduced movement speed.
- NURSE: Reappearance time is now much shorter and should be occurring as she blinks, this should remove the feeling that her collision is in place before she is visible, and allow for visual feedback in order to play against The Nurse.
- NURSE: We've updated how much time it takes to blink and linked this timing to how long The Nurse Blinks. Due to the Blink mechanic improvement, Nurse's are now able to short blink instead of being forced to blink in relation to how long they have charged. Coupling the charge time for how long the nurse will take to displace herself will allows for survivors to always have a similar visual queue and timing to give them time to try and dodge The Nurse.
- NURSE: We've updated how we calculate where the Nurse Blinks, this change allows the Nurse to blink upwards and downwards with more accuracy. This change has also enabled the Nurse to vary how far she Blinks, allowing her to blink closer when previously she would have committed to the distance she had charged. This will significantly improve the Nurse's ability to Blink. The following points will address the additional balance changes that should counter balance the improved Blink.
- SCRATCH MARKS: We've adjusted how Scratch Marks are displayed, they should no longer be; showing up on a floor above a survivor and showing up on walls that are opposite of a survivor running. They will still show up under floors when a survivor is running above it.
- Save The Best for Last's text and functionality has been updated. The successful attack cooldown will not be lost when changing targets during a chase, and will continue to be active as long as a chase is held for more than 20 seconds.
- Map Changes
- Added logic that limits the number of generic pallets that can spawn inside the Badham Preschool map to 3. Made the outside pallets procedural.
- Changed the minimum and maximum number of procedural pallets that can spawn. Global change.
- Fixed an exploit on the harvester object in the farm theme.
- Implemented a new pallet management system that allows us to tweak the minimum and maximum number of procedural pallets that can spawn per map.
- Increased the minimum spawning distance between procedural pallets from 8m to 10m. Global change.
- Reduced the number of pallets that can spawn on the edges of the Backwater Swamp maps.
- Added "Personal" to the Chalk Pouch, Cream Chalk Pouch and Ivory Chalk Pouch offering descriptions in all languages except Portuguese, Polish,Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Added "Personal" to the Escape! Cake and Survivor Pudding Anniversary offerings descriptions in all languages except Portuguese, Polish,Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Changed the name of Jake's Old Man head customization from the Head Case DLC pack to Old Man Jake
- Fixed a missing word in one of the survivors loading screen tool tips
- Fixed a typo in the Doctor's "Obedience" - Carter's Notes add-on that referred to Shake it off instead of Snap Out Of It
- Fixed a typo in the Survivors' Health State section of the Killers Help & Tutorials Guide
- Fixed a visual desync between host and client that could cause The Nurse to become invisible after a double blink or Memento Mori
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to get on top of one of the piers in The Pale Rose
- Fixed an issue that blocked Killer movement when a survivor was crouched in front of the hay bale on the combine harvester in Coldwind Farm maps
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect audio to play when The Shape killed a survivor
- Fixed an issue that caused perk bonuses to appear as Offering bonuses in the tally screen. English only.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cursed status effect and debuff icon not to appear when Hex: Ruin or Hex: Huntress Lullaby were triggered
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare's eyes to appear translucent in game
- Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade button to erroneously disappear from the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the aura of a Survivor opening an exit gate to show at the improper range when using the Wake Up! perk
- Fixed an issue that caused the equipped perks in the Loadout to reset when switching roles in a Kill Your Friends
- Fixed an issue that could cause an invisible survivor pawn to appear in a match when that survivor disconnected during loading
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the points on the scoreboard to be inconsistent between host and clients
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to search a chest in Mother's Dwelling
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to track the hatch or bear traps via the Rainbow Map item or the Black Silk Cord/Red Rope map add-ons
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for the Engineer's Toolbox to sabotage
- Fixed an issue that visually caused add-ons from a previously equipped item to remain when switching items in the Loadout
- Fixed an issue where Killers were not awarded with bonus Bloodpoints with the perk Hex: Thrill of the Hunt equipped
- Fixed an issue where clients had the Kill Your Friends Loadout if they left the private match
- Fixed an issue with The Nurse's Plaid Flannel add-on that caused it to indicate the wrong position for the blink. It should now accurately display the target location for the blink.
- Fixed an issue with The Nurse's Plaid Flannel add-on that caused the blink indicator to display the shading used for being behind an object at all times. It will now properly display with light shading when unobstructed, and dark shading when behind an object. This should make it clearer where the blink will land.
- Fixed multiple issues that blocked player movement when a survivor was on specific hooks in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed multiple typos in various Daily Rituals
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the Coldwind Farm maps
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the Disturbed Ward map
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the MacMillan Estate maps
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could occasionally cause no outdoor hooks to spawn in the MacMillan Estate maps #2. Due to the nature of this issue, it was difficult to reproduce and we will be tracking the status of the issue after this patch to confirm.
- Updated various Offerings and add-on descriptions to properly reflect their behaviour in all languages
Patch 1.9.1[edit | edit source]
- Changed Dead Hard Speed curve. Speed increases to 250% then drops off back to 100% over 0.5 seconds. This is step one of making the speed match the animation (step 2) and the Dead Hard movement easier to decipher from the killer side.
- Fixed an issue with Window Vaults allowing survivors to vault faster from one side, survivors now vault at the same speed from both sides of a window.
- Increased the odds of spawning "openings" instead of walls (or closed doors) for the rooms in Lery`s Memorial Treatment Theater map.
- Reworked the values of three Score Events for The Pig:
- A Successful Hit after an Ambush Dash gives 200 Bloodpoints instead of 50.
- Setting a Reverse Bear Trap gives 500 Bloodpoints instead of 250.
- Starting an Ambush Dash gives 100 Bloodpoints instead of 25.
- Fixed a couple of instances where the hatch spawned inside of walls in The Game map
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Pig to get an automatic kill when dropping a Survivor with a reverse bear trap on at the exit gate
- Fixed an issue that allowed player to see the Killers red stain through doors in The Game map
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress' movement speed to be too slow when cancelling a hatchet throw
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse to do the blade wipe animation after blinking and hitting a survivor. The Nurse should now only have her fatigue stun after blinking and hitting.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse's Lethal Blink score event to be unobtainable (which prevented progress on her Daily Ritual and achievement)
- Fixed an issue that caused some floating grass patches in the Grim Pantry map
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze or crash when there were too many available interactions displayed in the HUD. This was affected by the selected language (which vary in length), and would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pallet breaking sound to play when The Pig damaged a generator
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from obtaining the "Where Did They Go!?" achievement after meeting the requirements
- Fixed some level of detail issues on the number signs at the exit gates in The Game map
- Updated the Self-Care perk description with the updated values for Tiers I and II in Polish, Portuguese, Korean and Traditional Chinese.
Patch 1.9.2[edit | edit source]
HOWLING GROUNDS - EVENT OBJECTIVE
- Acquire a Red Envelope Offering in the Bloodweb and play it in a trial
- Each Red Envelope Offering played will generate 1 Lunar Hook and 1 Lunar Generator
- As a Killer, hook a Survivor on a Lunar Hook for the first time to gain 1 Burnt Coin
- As a Survivor, complete repairs on a Lunar Generator to grant all Survivors 1 Golden Coin
- If you played a Red Envelope, you will also score bonus Bloodpoints when the above conditions are met
- Once you have enough Burnt Coins, you will unlock a customization item for The Huntress
- Once you have enough Golden Coins, you will unlock a customization item for David King
- Keep collecting coins - even if you have unlocked the customizations - they all contribute to the community challenge!
- The Red Envelope Offering is only playable during the Lunar event
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added new menu and lobby aesthetics for the Lunar New Year event
- Content - Added support for the Howling Grounds event (see the details in the event objective section)
- Feature - Added a Difficulty Rating for all Survivors and Killers and updated the character descriptions to better help our newer players
- Feature - Added a tutorial pop-up when entering a new menu for the first time. For expert players, these can be easily dismissed using the 'Hide All Tutorials' checkbox.
- Feature - Added additional help text, tool tips, and improvements to various menus such as the Bloodweb, Daily Rituals, Character Info, Currencies, Shrine of Secrets, etc.
- Feature - Players now receive a notification the first time they are affected by another player's perks. This currently applies to the perks Leader, Streetwise, Dying Light, Thanatophobia and Unnerving Presence.
- Killer Changes
- Adjusted the sound of the static when shocked by The Doctor
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivor to use the Map item while in Madness Tier III. This was a design change made back in Doctor Cube (1.6.2), and was only applied to the healing/repairing interactions. Now all items cannot be used (auras reading, firecrackers, flashlights, healing, repairing/sabotaging) when needing to Snap Out Of It.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to rescue a dying survivor with a pallet/flashlight save while being picked up or dropped mid animation. Now, the pick up/drop animation will play fully, followed by the flashlight/pallet stun.
- Fixed an issue that prevented The Nurse from getting stunned by a pallet during her blink. If a pallet is pulled on her, she will get stunned after her blink is complete.
- Reworked the Pig's Rite of the Ungrateful Daily Ritual: It now requires to land 4 successful. Dash attacks with the Pig for 30 000 Bloodpoints.
- Reworked the values of three Score Events for the Pig:
- A Successful Hit after an Ambush Dash gives 250 Bloodpoints (instead of 200).
- Starting an Ambush Dash gives 50 Bloodpoints (instead of 100)
- Perk Changes
- Borrowed Time modification: Only the survivor being unhooked will be protected by Borrowed Time and Borrowed Time is no longer a single use perk. We will monitor the usage of this perk and its function before doing further changes to Borrowed Time. Text change is currently only updated in English.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nightmare to put Survivor to sleep when they were hiding in a locker
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to track the hatch with the Rainbow Map or Black Silk Cord add-on prior to meeting the requirements to spawn the hatch
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors not to receive Map Scout points for anything tracked by the Detective's Hunch perk
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to be unable to perform certain actions / interactions when the same movement button was bound to Q
- Fixed an issue that caused audio cues and Survivor groans to be heard map wide from both Killer and Survivor perspectives
- Fixed an issue that caused improper camera placement when spectating the Killer in a Kill Your Friends lobby
- Fixed an issue that caused missing audio when The Doctor landed a successful hit
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched polygons when sacrificing a Survivor on a hook with a RBT on their head
- Fixed an issue that caused the Map item reading audio to loop indefinitely when spectating a Survivor who depletes the Map charges
- Fixed an issue that caused the bear trap not to animate when The Trapper stepped in a bear trap while carrying a Survivor
- Fixed an issue that caused the framerate to drop below 30 FPS in a specific area of The Game map
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect Offering bonus to display when another player uses a bonus Bloodpoint Offering
- Fixed an issue that caused the item charges to continue to deplete upon failing a skill check
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise indicator not to appear for the Killer when too far away from an unhook
- Fixed an issue that caused the report icon not to appear immediately after a successful report
- Fixed an issue that caused the reverse bear trap to continue beeping for other players when a Survivor died at the exit
- Fixed an issue that caused unknown characters to appear when the host of a Kill Your Friends returned to lobby in Thai, Simplified and Tradition Chinese
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Fixed an issue that made it nearly impossible to see Survivor auras when using the Wraith's "All Seeing" - Mud add-on
- Fixed multiple prestige issues that were either generating a level 50 web at level 1, abusing the UI to Prestige low level characters, or characters randomly Prestiging unwantedly
- Minor localization improvements. English only.
Hotfix 1.9.2b[edit | edit source]
- Reverted the pallet and flashlight stun changes when picking up a downed Survivor
- Reverted the pallet stun on a blinking nurse This change is planned to be brought back when other issues related to pallets are fixed
- Fixed an issue that caused the chase music to play instead of the proximity music when within a Killers terror radius
- Fixed an issue that caused the chase music to play when being put on a hook
Patch 1.9.3[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added a new customization for Feng Min (torso) for completing the Lunar New Year community challenge
- Content - Extending the Lunar New Year personal challenge until Monday March 5th 7:00 pm UTC
- Content - Removed the Lunar New Year fireworks from the lobbies. It has been decided that we are keeping the lobby lighting from the Lunar Event.
- Content - Removed the possibility to spawn the Red Envelope Offering in the Bloodweb when the event ends. Please note, if you have one generated in the Bloodweb prior to it being disabled, it will still be there. Also note, the *Offering will still be available in the inventory, but disabled until a future event.
- Feature - Players now receive a notification the first time they are affected by the perk Overwhelming Presence. In addition, the perk We'll Make It will now give a notification to the player who has been unhooked. Maybe they won't run away this time!
- The Hag's Terror Radius has been reduced from 28 meters to 24 meters. A smaller Terror Radius will help the hag approach survivors with more time before being detected, in addition to a larger range in which she can hide her presence in range of her maximum teleport range.
- Fixed an issue that caused Lunar New Year Event coin totals to duplicate in the save data when quitting a Kill Your Friends, which could cause the game to crash or infinite load
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hag's phantasms to appear normally when using a Prestiged Hag
- Fixed an issue that caused all players to hear The Hillbilly hit an object with his chainsaw map wide
- Fixed an issue that caused corrupted characters to appear in the Daily Rituals screen in Thai, Japanese and Traditional Chinese
- Fixed an issue that caused no impact sound when hitting a Survivor, or failing a self heal skill check
- Fixed an issue that caused some Memento Mori audio elements to be missing or inconsistent between clients and host
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise indicators not to appear when Survivors rushed an action above the basement while the Killer was in it
- Fixed an issue that caused the perks, items, add-ons and offerings from players in the scoreboard to appear through the other pages on the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that caused totems revealed from the perk Detective's Hunch not to be added to the map
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to briefly teleport to the sides when vaulting
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to get stuck inside a pallet when vaulting
- Fixed an issue that could cause The Hag's triggered traps not to have a terror radius
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash on the Title Screen if the save data of the player would become too large
- Fixed an issue that could cause the tally screen and scoreboard to be empty if a Daily Ritual was completed but not dismissed before the host left
- Fixed an issue that could make it impossible to pick up an item after swapping it from a chest
- Fixed an issue that made it almost impossible to pick up a medkit from a chest after searching it
- Fixed the Hex: Devour Hope description formatting in Simplified Chinese
- Minor localization improvements
Hotfix 1.9.3a[edit | edit source]
- Feature - Added a more thorough retry mechanism to the saving functionality and display a failure message to the user if the game is unable to process a save request for an extended period of time (30 seconds)
- Feature - Added a new saving icon
- Feature - Added a warning message when a player attempts to leave the game while there is still a save command pending
- Feature - Added an auto-save message on the splash screen
Hotfix 1.9.3b[edit | edit source]
- Fixed two specific cases where a save/load data operation would fail to process properly and could result in loss of progress
Patch 1.9.4[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - Emblem System: The Emblem System has been developed as a way to evaluate your performance in a trial (affect your overall online rank) and to replace the previous victory conditions of the match. There are 4 different categories in which your performance is evaluated for both, Survivor and Killer.
- Changed values and adding curves for the following Scoring Events: Chase Escape, Chase Per Second, Coop Objective
- Reworked the bonus Bloodpoints granted by several Bloodpoints Bonus Offerings:
- All basic Sachets & Wreath offerings : raised from 25 to 50%
- All Fresh Sachets & Devout Wreath offerings : raised from 50 to 75%
- All Fragrant Sachets & Ardent Wreath offerings : raised from 75 to 100%
- Bound envelope offering: raised from 15 to 25%
- Fixed a few instances of the game crashing when continuously opening/closing certain menus
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the Killers power to load in on the ground when the match started
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck on loading past the title screen
- Fixed an issue where a player could get stuck on the loading screen while transitioning into the trial, which blocked all other players from progressing into the match
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to be randomly kicked back to the pre-lobby from the match loading screen
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become stuck on a broken screen when the host of a Kill Your Friends returned the party to the lobby
- Fixed an issue where clients has a "Switch to Spectator" option when leaving a Kill Your Friends match
- Fixed an issue that could cause players with refunded Bloodpoints to be unable to spend them in the Bloodweb
- Fixed an issue that caused the same perk to keep generating in the Bloodweb if not consumed
- Fixed an issue that caused Splinter Offerings to appear in Killer Bloodwebs despite owning the corresponding DLC
- Fixed an issue that caused the Offering tooltips not to appear when hovering over them on the Offering burn screen
- Fixed an issue that the spectator camera to view out of world when spectating a player in the match and another player died or escaped
- Fixed an issue that could cause the different tally pages to be displayed on top of each other
- Fixed an issue that caused the report pop-up to appear twice after selecting a report category
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare's add-on Red Paint Brush to reduce the chase music instead of the terror radius
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hag's trap triggering to be heard map-wide. Now, like The Hillbilly’s chainsaw, it is heard within 60 meters.
- Fixed an issue that could caused the Phantasm Attack score event not to trigger
- Fixed an issue that could cause repaired generator audio to become corrupted in the Mother's Dwelling
- Fixed an issue that caused the perk Stake Out to accumulate tokens while being carried and on the hook
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivors footsteps and breathing to be lower than intended. Please note that we are still investigating some reported issues with regards to this.
- Fixed an issue that caused the unhook audio sounds to play during the unhook interaction rather than after
- Changed the sound of the hook and bear trap sabotage
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a cedar tree and 2 ends of a hedge in Lampkin Lane
- Fixed an issue that caused scratch marks to be spawned in random parts of the environment and much further away from the survivors than intended
- Minor audio improvements
- Minor localization improvements
- All remaining clients in a match will crash when one player disconnects from the match result screen when the Killer is the Doctor
- Chainsaw SFX players for each attack if the Cannibal attacks immediately after using the chainsaw
- Successful hatchet hits will cause blood VFX to appear on the Huntress' screen
Hotfix 1.9.4b[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Integrated missing Russian localization for the 1.9.4 update
- Fixed an issue that can cause an error code 100 on the splash screen while attempting to load the save data if a player hadn’t played for a long period of time (multiple months)
Hotfix 1.9.4c[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added loadout validation to limit the number of perks & add-ons assigned at once
- Integrated Polish and Japanese localization (from community) (PC only)
- Fixed an issue where a save request could result in an HTTP error (changes the format of the save game)
- Fixed an issue causing end game analytics to not be reported properly.
- Fixed an issue causing Nea's "Tartan Special" customization to be available by default (from the 80s Suitcase DLC)
XB1 & PS4
- Fixed an issue that can cause an error code 100 on the splash screen while attempting to load the save data if a player hadn’t played for a long period of time (multiple months) (Consoles only - This fix already live on PC)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hotfix 1.9.2a was skipped.
- Hotfix 1.9.4a was skipped.