|"The Pursuer" / "The Tyrant" / "The Potential"|
(grown by Umbrella Europe)
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|95 % | 3.8 m/s (Tentacle Strike)|
|CHAPTER XX: Resident Evil|
|Undisclosed Voice Actor|
Terror Radius Music
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XX: Resident Evil, a Chapter DLC released on 15 June 2021.
He originates from the video game franchise Resident Evil, specifically the 2020 remake of Resident Evil 3.
The Nemesis is an unrelenting Killer, capable of attacking at mid-range with his tentacle, while receiving support from Zombies roaming the area.
Difficulty rating: Intermediate
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
The Nemesis is a Model T-103 Tyrant, a superhuman bio-organic weapon mass-produced by Umbrella Corporation.
Unlike previous prototypes, it possessed near-human intelligence and could follow orders.
It was flown into Raccoon City alongside other Tyrants and ordered to eliminate any remaining members of S.T.A.R.S., including Jill Valentine.
The Nemesis, like all T-103 Tyrants, was infected with the T-Virus during its creation.
However, due the T-Virus degrading the host's brain and causing a decline in intelligence to the degree of making it impossible for the host to follow complex orders, T-103s were additionally infected with the NE-α Parasite , which would take control of the host's body, bypassing the degrading brain and providing The Nemesis with near-human intelligence.
When The Nemesis uses his tentacle, it is not actually a tentacle, but the parasite within him, as the NE-α Parasite is a worm-like creature.
Dead by Daylight
Designed by Umbrella Corporation, The Nemesis is a nearly unstoppable bio-organic weapon fixated on pursuing and eliminating its targets.
Part of the Tyrant T-103 series, this specimen has increased intelligence and awareness due to the NE-α Parasite implanted within it.
Its first mission unleashed it upon Racoon City, where it had a singular objective: exterminate S.T.A.R.S. members.
Rampaging through the city, The Nemesis faced off against Jill Valentine multiple times, and though she managed to escape, he was never far behind.
He nearly had his target, when a strange fog descended upon them, mixing with the smoke of a city in chaos.
The phenomenon meant nothing to him—the frigid cold and decreased oxygen never posing a threat.
All that mattered was soldiering on into The Fog, continuing the mission: find S.T.A.R.S., exterminate S.T.A.R.S., and kill anyone who gets in the way.
The Nemesis' Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Nemesis' Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Lethal Pursuer - Level 30
- Hysteria - Level 35
- Eruption - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Nemesis' Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
You have been designed to track down and eliminate targets.
At the start of the Trial, the Auras of all Survivors are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
"...it knows what it wants and won't stop till it gets it." — Carlos Oliveira
You know how to brutalise one member of a team to cause a panic.
Hysteria has a cool-down of 30 seconds.
"Sorry I got a little jumpy there. Didn't know quite what to expect." — Robert Kendo
The NE-α parasite provides you with the intelligence and awareness needed to set a trap.
Eruption has a cool-down of 30 seconds.
"It can use weapons?" — Jill Valentine
Weapon: Raw Fists
Powerful arms to overpower targets swiftly.
|A virus that causes extreme mutations and can be transferred to others.
Its effects heighten aggression and strength within The Nemesis.
Your Power expands as your Mutation Rate grows.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Tentacle Strike
Press and hold the Power button to charge an attack.
Once charged, tap the Attack button to unleash a Tentacle Strike.
Hitting a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike afflicts them with Contamination and increases your Mutation Rate.
If a Survivor is already Contaminated, a Tentacle Strike will damage them. It also will increase your Mutation Rate by the same amount as hitting a zombie.
Survivors who become Contaminated suffer briefly from the Hindered Status Effect.
Survivors can cure Contamination by using a Vaccine on themselves or other Survivors.
Vaccines can be found in Supply Cases located throughout the environment, but their number is limited to 4 Supply Cases.
After using a Vaccine, the Survivor's location is briefly revealed by Killer Instinct.
Mutation Rate 1:
- No special benefits.
Mutation Rate 2:
Mutation Rate 3:
- Tentacle Strike range.
SPECIAL ENEMY: Zombies
T-Virus causes 2 Zombies to spawn and roam about the Trial Grounds.
When a Zombie attacks a Survivor, they inflict Contamination.
If a Survivor is already Contaminated, they receive damage.
Zombies can be destroyed with a Tentacle Strike to increase The Nemesis' Mutation Rate, doing so with a Basic Attack will not do so.
Survivors have limited options to interact with Zombies:
- Blinding them to lose line-of-sight using Flashlights or Firecrackers .
- Destroying them to force a respawn using Pallets .
Zombies destroyed by The Nemesis' respawn after 12 seconds.
Zombies destroyed by Survivors respawn after 45 seconds.
- Charge time: 0.35 seconds
- Charge and hold Movement speed: 3.8 m/s
- Cancellation Cool-down time: 1.5 seconds
- Cool-down Movement speed: 4.2 m/s
- Attack ranges:
- Mutation Rates 1 & 2: 5 metres
- Mutation Rate 3: 6 metres
- Attack Open time: 0.25 seconds
- Attack Hit time: 0.333 seconds
- Attack Cool-down (all types): 2.5 seconds
- Mutation Rate 2: 6 Contamination Points
- Mutation Rate 3: 15 Contamination Points
- Contamination Points:
- Contaminating Survivors with a Tentacle Strike: +3 Contamination Points
- Hitting contaminated Survivors with a Tentacle Strike: +1 Contamination Points
- Destroying Zombies with a Tentacle Strike: +1 Contamination Point
- Destroying Zombies any other way: No Contamination Points
- Hindered strength: -20 %
- Hindered duration: 0.25 seconds
- Killer Instinct duration: 3 seconds
- Vaccination duration: 3 seconds
- Supply Crate Opening time: 4 seconds
- Supply Crate Closing timer: 15 seconds
- This refers to how long a Supply Crate remains open if the Vaccine is not retrieved from it.
- Zombies spawn out of the ground beneath a randomly chosen Hook .
- Zombies will lose line-of-sight when Survivors enter Lockers , even when doing it right in front of them.
- Zombies will react to Distraction Perks, such as Diversion or Red Herring .
- Zombies will react to all sorts of noises produced by Survivors, e.g. rushed actions, failed Skill Checks, Generator Repairs, Chest Unlocks, etc.
- Zombies shrink their collision hitbox when blinded, allowing Survivors to pass by them.
- Initial Spawn delay: 12 seconds
- This refers to how long it takes after loading into a Trial for the Zombies to spawn.
- Destruction animation: 3 seconds
- Spawn animation: 3 seconds
- Stun timer: 15+ seconds
- The stunning object's timer will be added to this (e.g. Flashlight Blind duration)
- Fall height threshold: 0.5 metres
- This refers to how far a Zombie must drop to be considered falling.
- Fall Stun timer: 3.43 seconds
- Idle timer: 1.5 seconds
- This refers to how long Zombies idle before starting to patrol after (re-)spawning.
- Attack Open time: 0.2 seconds
- Attack Hit time: 1.3 seconds
- Attack Cool-down time: 0.5 seconds
- Walking speed: 1 m/s
- Detection range: 14 metres
- This refers to the range within which a Zombie will start chasing a Survivor, if the Survivor is in its Field of View.
- Detection half-angle: 95 °
- This refers to how far to the left or right a Zombie can spot Survivors in their Field of View from an imagined centre line.
- Detection boundary: 20 metres
- This refers to the distance a Survivor must be from a Zombie for the Zombie to stop chasing them.
- Audio Detection range: 6 metres
This refers to the maximum vertical viewing angle The Nemesis is allowed from the horizon (0 °) while charging and holding Tentacle Strike:
- Maximum Pitch: +20 °
- Minimum Pitch: -32 °
Add-ons for T-Virus
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Visitor Wristband||An electronic Umbrella wristband for visitors to the facility.|
It also doubles as a tracking device.
|S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual||A manual of compiled S.T.A.R.S. close-range combat knowledge, edited by Chris Redfield.
|Damaged Syringe||Medical equipment that fared poorly during the chaos that overwhelmed Raccoon City.
|Brian's Intestine||The small intestine of Brian Irons, chief of the RPD.|
It is an appetising sight for zombies.
|Zombie Heart||The heart of an eviscerated zombie.|
It is considered hazardous waste as it is certainly teeming with viruses.
"Words won't work on this thing." — Leon Scott Kennedy
|Mikhail's Eye||While little was left of Mikhail, his left eyeball survived the blast that killed him.|
It remains a tasty treat for zombies.
|Marvin's Blood||The contaminated blood of a Raccoon City Police Officer.
"All you need to know is that this place will eat you alive if you’re not careful." — Marvin Branagh
|Adrenaline Injector||A hormone that heightens senses and prepares the body to fight.
|Admin Wristband||An electronic Umbrella wristband for administrators of the facility.|
While allowing access to secure areas, it also doubles as a tracking device.
|Tyrant Gore||A damaged sample from a T-002 Tyrant that died in combat.|
There are signs of severe burns.
|T-Virus Sample||A sample of the T-Virus developed by Umbrella Corporation, it causes extreme mutations and brain damage in its subjects.
|Serotonin Injector||A hormone that slightly relaxes the user for when stealth is required.
|Plant 43 Vines||The tangled remnants of a plant infected with the T-Virus, it killed one of the researchers who developed it.
|Licker Tongue||A sticky prehensile tongue that easily wraps around anything it touches.
It's like... a nightmare." — Claire Redfield
|NE-a Parasite||A parasite used in the development of Nemesis T-Types, it is capable of hijacking its host's brain.
|Jill's Sandwich||It is tragically squished and dripping with blood from a recent battle.|
Despite that, it has a delicious aroma that cannot be missed.
|Depleted Ink Ribbon||Who will save them now? There is something about this ink ribbon being dry that energises zombies.
"Look, just so you know... this is the last fucking time." — Jill Valentine
|Broken Recovery Coin||A coin depicting a bird framed by a laurel wreath.|
It is broken in half.
"This is not how I imagined my first day." — Leon Scott Kennedy
|Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge||A symbol of hope for Raccoon City, utterly destroyed.
"S.T.A.R.S..." — Nemesis'
|Iridescent Umbrella Badge||A glass-like badge moulded from The Fog itself.|
It represents a corporation that pushed far beyond ethical and humane science.
"Commitment, honesty, integrity. These are the core values that create the foundation of Umbrella Corp." — Dr Matt Gorkis'
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 2 Achievements related to The Nemesis.
|Adept Nemesis||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Nemesis using only his Unique Perks: Lethal Pursuer , Hysteria & Eruption .|
|Biological Weaponry||With The Nemesis , down 65 Contaminated Survivors using Tentacle Strikes.|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Nemesis reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Nemesis' attire includes:
- Main Article: Downloadable Content
The Nemesis is currently part of 1 DLC:
- The Nemesis is the third Killer to speak in Dead by Daylight, though only in a specific scenario: when killing Jill Valentine & Chris Redfield or pulling them out of the Locker , he will say the infamous "S.T.A.R.S." line from Resident Evil.
- The Nemesis is the first Killer to carry Survivors under his arm, rather than on his shoulder.
- The Nemesis is the first Killer to feature AI-controlled minions in the form of a pair of Zombies roaming about the Trial Grounds on the hunt for Survivors.
- The Nemesis is the first Killer to have Add-ons featuring quotes by Survivors.
- The Nemesis is the second Killer to originate from another Game franchise.
- The Nemesis is the second Killer to have separate animations for interacting with Pallets and Generators.
- The Nemesis is the fourth Killer to not attack with an actual weapon, but instead using his bare fists.
- It is possible to spot the spawn Hook of one Zombie under specific circumstances.
- Zombies are loaded into the Trial like Survivors, spawning them above ground at their spawn Hook.
When the Trial begins, the Game teleports the Zombies below ground.
- Zombies are loaded into the Trial like Survivors, spawning them above ground at their spawn Hook.
Since the teleportation command is not initiated until The Nemesis' camera panning elapses, it is possible to spot an above-ground-Zombie during one's own camera panning, and, for Survivors, potentially for a second or two after theirs has elapsed, due to the fact that the camera panning is not synced across all Players.
+ CHAPTER I
|Dwight Fairfield||Meg Thomas||Claudette Morel||Jake Park||Nea Karlsson|
|CHAPTERS II - V
+ PARAGRAPH I
|Laurie Strode||Ace Visconti||Bill Overbeck||Feng Min||David King|
|CHAPTERS VI - X||Quentin Smith||David Tapp||Kate Denson||Adam Francis||Jeff Johansen|
|CHAPTERS XI - XIV
+ PARAGRAPH III
|Jane Romero||Ash Williams||Nancy Wheeler||Steve Harrington||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV - XIX||Zarina Kassir||Cheryl Mason||Felix Richter||Élodie Rakoto||Yun-Jin Lee|
|CHAPTER XX||Jill Valentine||Leon Scott Kennedy|
+ CHAPTERS I - II
|Evan MacMillan - The Trapper||Philip Ojomo - The Wraith||Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly||Sally Smithson - The Nurse||Michael Myers - The Shape|
|CHAPTERS III - VI
+ PARAGRAPH II
|Lisa Sherwood - The Hag||Herman Carter - The Doctor||Anna - The Huntress||Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal||Freddy Krueger - The Nightmare|
|CHAPTERS VII - XI||Amanda Young - The Pig||Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown||Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit||Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey - The Legion||Adiris - The Plague|
|CHAPTERS XII - XV||Danny Johnson - The Ghost Face||The Demogorgon||Kazan Yamaoka - The Oni||Caleb Quinn - The Deathslinger||Pyramid Head - The Executioner|
|CHAPTERS XVI - XX||Talbot Grimes - The Blight||Victor & Charlotte Deshayes - The Twins||Ji-Woon Hak - The Trickster||Nemesis T-Type - The Nemesis|
|Chris Redfield||Claire Redfield||Cybil Bennett||Jonathan Byers||Lisa Garland||The Look-See|
|ULTRA RARE CHARACTERS|
|The Ferryman||The Krampus||The Minotaur|
|Alessa Gillespie||The Birch||Ellis||Francis||Rochelle||Zoey|
|Alex||Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|