Mount Ormond Resort
|"Mount Ormond Resort"|
Area in square Tiles
Area in m2
Minimum # of Hooks
Maximum # of Hooks
Probablity weightCoefficient representing a probability the map will be selected for trial
Mount Ormond Resort or "Cottage" is the only map for the Ormond Realm.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Ormond was once a small, remote ski town with idyllic slopes, but its resort turned obsolete when a deluxe ski village was built on Mount Richards less than two hours away. Mount Richards offered fresh slopes with luxurious stores and hotels, which crushed Mount Ormond's isolated, decrepit facilities.
The fate of the mountain worsened when a mining project took interest in the coal present at its summit. The mountaintop was lined by explosives to extract coal seams from under it. The project caused a public outrage and was stopped midway.
Mount Ormond is now a soulful, deforested graveyard where gangs and teenagers go looking for trouble. Some people say that the mountain hides a darkness, a bottomless hole from where no one can return.
Landmarks[edit | edit source]
The Chalet[edit | edit source]
The Chalet is the main landmark on the Mount Ormond Resort Map.
Contents[edit | edit source]
The Chalet contains a Generator .
The Chalet contains 2 Lockers .
The Chalet contains several Windows .
The Chalet potentially contains the entrance to the Basement .
Layout[edit | edit source]
The Cottage is a large three-story cottage, one can move up the stairs and jump down from balconies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mount Ormond Resort had to be temporarily disabled starting from 14 December 2018, as many Players reported crashes when playing on it.
- It was re-instated a couple of days later.
- In the Game Files Mount Ormond Resort is being referred to under the name Cottage.
- The "Legion" mural inside the cottage was painted by Jeff Johansen. The other members had it commissioned for Frank's birthday.
- Mount Ormond Resort was the hangout place of The Legion.
- Mount Ormond Resort was the third Map to contain weather effects, namely snow.
- Mount Ormond Resort is to date the brightest Map in the Game, to the point that it appears to take place during the day, instead of at night.
- At release, a structure similar to the Crane could generate on Mount Ormond Resort, but was disabled from spawning in a subsequent Patch.
- Mount Ormond Resort spawns a Power Distribution Cabinet reading H2S3H1 on its right-hand side panel.
- H2S 3H1 is the Postal Code of Montreal, Canada, which is where the Developer Team at BHVR is located.
Gallery[edit | edit source]