Maze Tiles, also known as "Jungle Gyms", are Structures that are featured throughout the Maps of Dead by Daylight .
Maze Tiles have 4 iterations, each with a unique layout.
They always spawn in the same general location of a Map, however, the chosen iteration may change between Trials.
Every Maze Tile:
- Potentially contains a Chest .
- Potentially contains a Hook .
- Contains at least one Locker .
- Potentially contains a Totem .
Most types of Maze Tiles can spawn a Generator .
L-T Walls or T-L Walls are a type of Maze Tile. They consist of a T-shaped wall and an L-shaped wall. Each wall has a Window attached to it.
- There is another short wall where a Locker can spawn.
Pallet Gyms are a type of Maze Tile. They consist a long c-shaped wall and a short l-shaped wall. There will be always a Pallet between these two walls.
- There is a separate short c-shaped wall where a Totem can spawn.
- There is a straight wall parallel to the short c-shaped wall. A Hook can spawn there.
Jungle Gyms are a type of Maze Tile. They contain both a Window and a Pallet. Jungle Gyms have two main variations, Long Wall Gyms and Short Wall Gyms. Long Wall Jungle Gyms have a Window on a fairly straight long wall, and Short Wall Jungle Gyms have their window on a shorter, L-shaped wall. The Window and Pallet are always on opposite sides of the Jungle Gym. The place on which the Window would've spawned in the other variant becomes a hole.
4-Wall Gyms, also known as 4-Lane Gyms, are a type of Maze Tile. This tile is exclusive to the Ormond, Yamaoka Estate, Crotus Prenn Asylum and Autohaven Wreckers Realms. It consists of 4 parallel walls with a Vault and a Pallet. The Window and Pallet have two possible spawns. If the window is on an outer wall, the tile is considered "opened." If it is on one of the inner walls, it is considered "closed." The pallet always spawns in-between an outer wall and an inner wall, both must not contain a window. The place on which the Window would've spawned in the other variant becomes a hole.
Each Realm has its own design of the Maze Tile walls:
|MacMillan Estate||Autohaven Wreckers||Coldwind Farm||Crotus Prenn Asylum||Backwater Swamp|
|High brick walls with some lamps attached to them.||High walls of scrap broken up by Autohaven Wreckers.||High walls made of wood planks with some lamps attached to them||A high, gray brick wall with metallic stripes attached to them.||High walls made of mud and wood sticked together.|
|Red Forest||Gideon Meat Plant||Yamaoka Estate||Ormond|
|High log walls with some torches hung at them.||White walls from the Meat Plant that reach up to the ceiling. There are some water pipes going out of them.||High walls made of mossy wood and bamboo sticks.||High, snowy walls made of a stone base and wood planks.|
The following are aerial views of four of the most common Maze Tiles: the two variants of Jungle Gyms, a Pallet Gym and a T-Wall. These particular images depict the tiles in the Coldwind Farm design before Patch 4.7.0, but the general layout is consistent between all realms that feature these tiles.
|Jungle Gym (Variant 1)||Jungle Gym (Variant 2)||Pallet Gym||L-T Wall|
|Commonly known as a "Short Wall Jungle Gym".||Commonly known as a "Long Wall Jungle Gym".||Commonly known as a "Pallet Gym".||Commonly known as a "TL [or LT] Wall".|
- Randomized the number of vaults and prevented one from spawning.
- Boarded up the maze walls on Coldwind Farm to make them more mindgame-able.
- Added new maze tiles to the Yamaoka Estate theme.
- Jungle Gyms used to spawn with 2 Pallets and multiple Windows in the old versions of the Game. However, due to balancing reasons, this has been changed to only a single Pallet and open doorways.
- Some Maps have specific Maze Tiles that are unique to them. This is the case for Mount Ormond Resort, Family Residence, and Red Forest Maps.
- There used to be a Locker at one of the walls of the L-T Wall Maze Tile. This Locker was later moved towards a separate wall.
- The community commonly refers to Maze Tiles with a Window on its long wall as "Long Wall Jungle Gym". If the Window spawns on the other wall, it is referred to as "Short Wall Jungle Gym".
- The Totem spawn location within the Maze Tiles can differ from Map to Map.
- Maze Tiles can be used as landmarks for orientation, due to the fact that they usually spawn in the same general location.
- There are 4 Maps that don't contain any sort of Maze Tiles: Lampkin Lane, Badham Preschools, Treatment Theatre and The Underground Complex.
- The Game is the only indoor Map to contain Maze Tiles.
|MACMILLAN ESTATE||AUTOHAVEN WRECKERS||COLDWIND FARM||BACKWATER SWAMP|
|Water Tower||Crane||Sacrificial Tree||Pier|
|Wood Pile||School Bus||Harvester|
|Maze Tiles||Hills||The Killer Shack||The Basement|