The Loud Noise Notifications are an integral core Game Mechanic in Dead by Daylight .
Loud Noise Notifications are a mechanic unique to Killers, alerting them to Survivors rushing actions.
Whenever a Survivor triggers a Loud Noise Notification within 48 metres of the Killer, it will create an explosion sound effect for the Killer, alerting them to the event.
If the Killer is looking in the direction of the Loud Noise Notification, they will also see an explosion bubble at that location.
If the Killer is not looking in the direction of the Loud Noise Notification when it triggers, their HUD will display red arrows pointing in the direction of the event, indicating where the Killer needs to look.
For most actions that trigger a Loud Noise notification, the Killer will be notified if they are within 48 metres.
Beyond that range, the Loud Noise Notification will not trigger.
The exception to this are failed Hook Sabotage attempts, which the Killer will be notified of within 64 metres, and failed Generator Skill Checks and Hook Rescues/Escapes, which are not capped in range.
Survivors trigger Loud Noise Notifications by rushing actions (holding the Sprint button while performing them) or by failing Skill Checks .
Examples for rushed actions are fast-vaulting Pallets or Windows , and rushing in and out of Lockers .
The following perks can prevent loud noise notifications:
- Quick & Quiet prevents loud noise notifications from rushed actions.
- Calm Spirit prevents loud noise notifications from screaming.
- Technician prevents loud noise notifications from failing Skill Checks while repairing.
- Bite the Bullet prevents loud noise notifications from failing Skill Checks while healing.
- Loud Noise notification have a cool-down of 1 second.
- Before Chests were reworked and had to be searched instead of being unlocked, Survivors had two animations for closing the Chest lid when interrupting the search action.
The faster animation could be triggered by holding the Sprint button and would cause Survivors to snap the lid shut quickly, triggering a Loud Noise Notification.
|Loud Noise notification and Aura-Flare-Up triggered by Madness|