Lockers are tall, red cabinets located throughout the Trial Grounds. Survivors can enter them in order to hide from the Killer and the Killer's Aura-reading abilities.
Survivors can enter any empty Locker and hide inside it.
If a Locker already has someone hiding inside it, the Survivor attempting to enter will slightly open the door and look surprised, while the hiding Survivor will make a gesture indicating that they should go find their own Locker.
If a Killer finds a Survivor inside a Locker, they will open the doors violently, threaten the frightened Survivor by smashing their Weapon into the wooden back of the Locker, and grab the Survivor by their scruff, hoisting them onto their shoulder immediately.
Lockers act as Faraday cages for Aura-reading, blocking any and all Aura-reading in regards to the Survivor hiding inside one.
In effect, this means that a Survivor is shielded from all of the Killer's Aura-reading abilities as long as they are hiding inside the Locker, but are also unable to use any of their own abilities, since the Locker afflicts them with the Blindness Status Effect when inside.
It should be noted that the effect does not apply during the entering and exiting phase of the Locker.
Survivors wishing to hide from Barbecue & Chilli for example, must be inside the Locker the moment the Killer is hooking the other Survivor or they may be briefly seen by the Killer, who may correctly guess due to the unique animation that the Survivor is hiding inside a Locker, making it an easy target to track.
Lockers can be entered in two ways: regularly and rushed, depending on whether the sprint button is pressed or not.
Rushing to enter a Locker will be much faster, but also create a Loud Noise notification for the Killer, informing them of the action.
Entering a Locker regularly, will be much slower, but also quieter and not create any notifications for the Killer.
However, it is nevertheless not a silent process and an attentive Killer who's nearby can hear and correctly identify the creaking sound of the doors opening and closing.
The same is true is for exiting a Locker.
Lockers have a muffling effect on Survivors' breathing and Groans of Pain.
However, they are not muffled to the point of being silent and like with the opening and closing sound of the doors, a Killer may notice the soft whimpers of an injured Survivor hiding inside a nearby Locker.
Furthermore, while Lockers will stop Pools of Blood forming at their base, injured Survivors will leave some blood upon entering the Locker and the fading time for it can allow an attentive Killer to notice it and identifying the Locker in which the injured Survivor is hiding.
Lockers do not prevent Stillness Crows from spawning when hiding for a long time. Uniquely, and prior to Stillness Crows appearing, some Crows will begin to land atop a Locker's roof when hiding for some time, something an attentive Killer may notice.
Survivors rush-exiting a Locker while using Head On may stun a nearby Killer if they are in range.
|Deerskin Gloves||Cured leather gloves that protect the hands and give a sure grip.
|Pungent Phial||The clear liquid has a very particular stench that can be recognised and tracked by some animals.
|Dance With Me||
Dance With Me has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds.
"Another show's off and runnin',
Your adventurous lifestyle requires moments of crafty misdirection.
Deception can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.
When your mind is set, there better be no one standing in your way.
While standing in a Locker for 3 seconds, Head On activates.
Head On causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds.
Head On cannot be used when Exhausted or when you have accrued Stillness Crows .
"People are remembered for the challenges they overcome. You can run away and forget what you're capable of or you can face your fears and remind the world of who you are." — Jane Romero
You look inwards and trust your instincts when you feel lost and alone.
Each time you cleanse a Totem , Inner Strength activates:
Inner Strength does not activate if you currently suffer from the Broken Status Effect.
"All this time I've been trying so hard to pretend like everything's fine, but it's not." — Nancy Wheeler
Survivors who exit Lockers suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 30 seconds and their location is revealed to you for 4 seconds.
"This is no place for cowards." — The Legion
|Quick & Quiet||
You do not make as much noise as others when quickly vaulting over obstacles or hiding in Lockers.
Quick & Quiet has a cool-down of 30/25/20 seconds.
You have noticed that people pay attention to whatever makes the loudest noise.
Red Herring has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds.
"The news edit out what is burdensome and complex, which is the truth." — Zarina Kassir
- Adjusted the Locker Search animation to play when The Huntress has maximum ammunition, instead of her grabbing a Hatchet
- This reduced the Search time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Interacting with a Locker while cloaked should force The Wraith out of cloak if he finds a Survivor.
- If he doesn't find anyone, he will stay cloaked.
- Hiding inside a Locker now blocks any Aura-reading ability a Killer might have.
- When a Survivor is inside a Locker whenever the Bleed-out timer runs out, they will automatically exit the Locker.
- Hiding inside a Locker now applies the Blindness Status Effect, blocking any Aura-reading ability the hiding Survivor might have.
- Reduced the distance at which a Survivor's breathing and grunting can be heard while they are hiding in Lockers.
- Lockers were also known as "Closets".
- Lockers prevent The Doctor's Shock Therapy and Static Blast from increasing a Survivor's level of Madness.
- If the Survivor is in Tier III Madness, the Survivor will not scream when inside the Locker. They will still hallucinate, however.
- Lockers are where the Huntress replenishes her Hunting Hatchets.
- At the back of every Locker, there is a rack of three Hatchets. She will always take the one in the centre.
- If The Wraith is cloaked while opening a Locker and finds a Survivor, he will uncloak over time while the animation is playing.
|Alarm Clocks||Bear Traps||Breakable Walls||Cages of Atonement|
|Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates|
|Lockers||Moonlight||Pallets||Pools of Devotion|