Killer Instinct is a mechanic that for its entire duration will reveal the location of Survivors via a pulsating orange spiderweb overlay, that will follow the Survivor if they are moving.
Additionally, the Survivor's outline is highlighted in orange.
The following Killer Add-ons make use of Killer Instinct:
- Dried Cherry Blossom Killer Instinct will reveal any Survivor comes within 4 metres of The Spirit while she is phasing.
- Mother's Glasses Killer Instinct will reveal any Survivor who comes within 2 metres of The Spirit's husk while she is phasing.
The following Killer Powers make use of Killer Instinct:
- Feral Frenzy after hitting at least one Survivor not yet affected by Deep Wound : Killer Instinct will reveal all other Survivors not yet affected by the Status Effect who are within their Terror Radius .
- Night Shroud after getting revealed mid-stalk: Killer Instinct will reveal the Survivor who revealed him.
- Of the Abyss while using it: Killer Instinct will reveal all Survivors in close-proximity to an active Portal.
- Rites of Judgement : Killer Instinct will reveal all Survivors walking or running on top of the Torment Trail.
- Blood Bond : Killer Instinct will reveal all Survivors walking, running, or in the Dying State within Victor's Shriek range.
- T-Virus : Killer Instinct will reveal all Survivors who use a Vaccine.
- Summons of Pain : Killer Instinct will reveal any Survivor who is attempting to solve the Lament Configuration .
- Birds of Torment : Killer Instinct will reveal any Survivors in the vicinity of a Dire Crow that has left its Flight Path.
- In case of Feral Frenzy , Killer Instinct will not trigger on Survivors who suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect, as they are technically no longer considered to be in The Legion's Terror Radius.
- In case of Rites of Judgement and Blood Bond , Killer Instinct can be prevented from triggering by crouching.