Jigsaw Boxes are used by Survivors to attempt removing The Pig's Reverse Bear Traps from their head.
Whenever The Pig is the chosen Killer, the procedural generator will spawn 4 Jigsaw Boxes throughout the Trial Ground.
Jigsaw Boxes emit distinct sound cues of mechanical parts moving about.
Billy, the Jigsaw Puppet
Jigsaw Boxes are easily recognised due to the presence of "Billy", Jigsaw's Puppet, who sits atop of each Box.
He can also be seen on the TV sets featured throughout The Game.
Once The Pig placed a Reverse Bear Trap on a Survivor's head, the Game will randomly choose one of the available Jigsaw Boxes as the key to remove said Reverse Bear Trap, with the others serving as decoys.
Trapped Survivors will see the Auras of all available Jigsaw Boxes that they have not yet searched.
Searching a Jigsaw Box for the key to unlock the Reverse Bear Trap will take 12 seconds to complete and has a chance of 80 % to trigger Skill Checks each second.
Failing these Skill Checks will briefly pause (for 1.5 seconds) the Progression, apply a Regression penalty of 10 %, and trigger a Loud Noise notification for The Pig, alerting her to the Player's location.
Once the progress bar is full, either of two things will happen depending on whether or not it was the correct Jigsaw Box:
Correct Jigsaw Box
- The Reverse Bear Trap is removed from the Survivor's head.
Wrong Jigsaw Box
- Jigsaw's Puppet, "Billy", cackles at the Survivor and the Reverse Bear Trap remains on the Survivor's head, requiring them to try their luck at another Jigsaw Box.
- The white Aura of that Jigsaw Box is no longer shown to the Survivor.
|Workshop Grease||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the lubricated parts make the search a more delicate exercise.
|Razor Wires||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of razor sharp wires makes it extra difficult and potentially painful to search them.
|Interlocking Razor||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of interlocking razor blades makes it impossible to move suddenly in the Jigsaw Box without slitting one's wrists.
|Bag of Gears||A few mechanical parts that allow the creation of challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.
|Crate of Gears||This collection of mechanical parts allows the creation of extra-challenging Jigsaw Boxes and Reverse Bear Traps that are easier to install.
|Amanda's Secret||A black metal box containing a knife and various medical supplies, such as bandages and compresses. Deep cuts reduce stress and awaken the senses.
|Rules Set No.2||Not all games need to have the same rules.
"Listen, there are rules." — Jigsaw
|Amanda's Letter||A blackmailing Letter for the attention of Amanda. Fills the reader with rage and focus.
"Amanda, you were with Cecil the night Jill lost Gideon. You killed their child. You know it and I know it." — Amanda's Letter
- Added a minimum spawn distance in-between Chests to no longer cause Jigsaw Boxes to spawn too close together.
- In the Game files Jigsaw Boxes are also being referred to under the name Puzzle Box.
- The presence of Jigsaw Boxes on a Map reveal The Pig's identity to Survivors in a similar fashion as do The Trapper's Bear Traps.
- Despite being a notable icon of the SAW™ franchise, this is the only appearance of Billy in the Chapter DLC.
- He does not appear on any Perks or Add-ons exclusive to The Pig.
10 Pints of Sacrifice Trap
- The Jigsaw Boxes are most likely inspired by the 10 Pints of Sacrifice Trap featured in SAW V. They have a similar look and some of the Add-ons affecting the Jigsaw Boxes point to a similar use.
- This Trap required the Victims to "donate" 10 Pints of their own blood within 15 minutes, to unlock a door or they would be killed by nail bombs located in the room. Inside the Trap, circular blades would cut open the Victims' hands and collect the blood in a glass beaker below.
David Tapp trying to get rid of a Reverse Bear Trap
|TL;DR of Jigsaw Boxes
Use: Removing Reverse Bear Traps
|Alarm Clocks||Bear Traps||Breakable Walls||Cages of Atonement|
|Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates|
|Lockers||Moonlight||Pallets||Pools of Devotion|