|110 % | 4.4 m/s|
|92 % | 3.68 m/s (Throw State)|
|CHAPTER XIX: All-Kill|
Terror Radius Music
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XIX: All-Kill, a Chapter DLC released on 30 March of 2021.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Trickster's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Trivia
The Trickster is a ranged Killer, able to quickly unleash a flurry of blades by using his power, Showstopper.
Difficulty rating: Easy
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
Ji-Woon Hak thrived under the attention of others, energized by every eye that watched him and every tongue that spoke his name. Amidst the prestige, he had only one desire: more. Even as a child he found ways to draw crowds. Working at his family's restaurant, he attracted business with spectacles he performed using throwing knives. Gullible tourists believed this was a traditional South Korean experience, gladly parting with their money to witness it. Ji-Woon's father spent the restaurant's earnings on dancing and vocal lessons for his son, pushing him to attain the fame he never could.
Ji-Woon did not disappoint. After years showcasing his abilities to nobodies at talent shows, he hit the track to stardom. Yun-Jin Lee, a producer at Mightee One Entertainment, recruited Ji-Woon into her training program. He transferred to a dormitory in Seoul where, for fourteen hours a day, he was crafted into a star, taught how to move and sing, how to carry himself with the right balance of confidence and modesty.
Draining as the process was, it worked. Yun-Jin selected Ji-Woon to join the band NO SPIN, bringing a raw energy to their tracks. Fame was almost immediate. Ji-Woon lived in a daze of interviews and adoration, and though the frenzied schedule exhausted his bandmates, he was invigorated. Each day was an affirmation that he was greater than the mediocrity society spewed out.
But over time, the champagne grew stale. When he looked at his fans, he saw their joy and envy split five ways, thinned out between each band member. The validation that had surged through him left a desperate yearning for more.
Ji-Woon kept up impressions, mimicking a charm long buried under loathing. He recorded the latest NO SPIN album with his bandmates, never missing a beat. After a lengthy lunch break, he returned to the studio to discover fate had granted him a gift. The scent of burning wires was unmistakable. He rushed to the control room, finding the door blocked by fallen speakers. On the other side, his bandmates pounded on the door, their cries accompanied by the crackling of flames.
Ji-Woon called to them, dashing to the speakers, grabbing one and—stopping. He froze. Each breath was a conscious, deliberate process requiring all his attention, the nearby cries hardly audible until, slowly, he backed away. And then he heard it. They were screaming his name as they burnt. Screaming for him to save them. Ji-Woon! Ji-Woon! Ji-Woon Hak! It was the most beautiful thing he'd ever heard. When the fire crew arrived, his tears were genuine.
Ji-Woon was celebrated as a tragic figure, a hero who did all he could in a futile attempt to save his friends. Yun-Jin paraded him through interviews until it was time to rebrand. He was reborn as The Trickster, a solo artist who produced his own songs, sporting a soft heart beneath a wild exterior. But, away from concert set-ups and television stages, something darker grew.
He targeted those who lived alone, coming to them in the night. The first was a college music student with a captivating voice. Ji-Woon woke him with a baseball bat to the skull, binding his arms and legs, gagging him with a rag duct taped into his mouth. He tortured him for hours, dissecting him alive. Yet there was something missing—a sound, a connection. He wanted to hear the victim's wonderous voice pleading as he cut his belly open, but all he received was muffled cries through a rag.
He learned and adjusted.
Victims had to be abducted, driven to an abandoned building where he could let their voices carry unrestrained emotion. He made music from them, prodding in the right places to evoke different types of shrieks and howls. Stabbing the quadratus lumborum elicited a long, guttural wail, while slashing the carotid artery created a sound like a cat being strangled. There was honesty in their suffering. Ji-Woon recorded each session, synthesizing and working them into his songs, hiding them behind layers of melodies.
He was elated with his work. He left hints for police, arranging a mink boa from a recent photoshoot around a victim's slashed throat. For his next killing, he removed the teeth from a man that a boxer in one of his music videos was without. During a particularly audacious plea for attention, he killed a fan he had met during a VIP meet-up, replacing her eyes with his diamond cufflinks and writing I HAVE SEEN GOD in blood across her chest. Each scene was a dazzling spectacle.
Between music and murder, Ji-Woon's work was discussed globally. However, as violence became his preferred art style, his music career took a hit. Revenue was down and Mightee One executives pointed their fingers at him. Yun-Jin, with professional fury, came to his defence, but she was outnumbered. It was decided that Ji-Woon could no longer self-produce his songs.
The decision was devastating. His tracks fused genuine humanity into music, yet executives rejected anything that wasn't generic and expected. And so be it. If they couldn't understand his art, he would incorporate them into it until they did.
He had three months until he was to perform a private show for Mightee One's board members; three months to plan his magnum opus. He transferred obscene amounts of money to a veterinarian in exchange for cannisters of nitrous oxide, then bribed the stage technician of Mightee One's private theatre for access to the room. His celebrity granted him a benefit of the doubt no regular person could conceive. When the show was ready, gas seeped into the room as executives and stagehands awaited Ji-Woon, conveniently running behind schedule.
When he arrived, half-conscious bodies were splayed in their seats and crawling across the floor. He worked quickly, binding everyone, pausing only when he came to Yun-Jin—the woman who had plucked him from a mudhole and set him on the path he deserved. She would be rewarded, granted special access to the coming display of wonder. Even under sedation, she fought, a raging storm within her, far stronger than the others. He propped her up as the lone audience member, prying her eyes open. The others, snivelling and sobbing, were brought on stage to perform their final act. With a contemptable sneer, he slapped makeup onto their faces and shone stage lights upon them. They became his instruments.
To the sound of self-produced melodies, he tortured them, gracefully dashing from one body to another, conducting an operatic crescendo from their wailings. They shouted, whimpered, screamed, cried for their loved ones, cried for their mothers. It was a magnificent outpouring of emotion, of what it meant to be human, and they did it with eyes fixed on Ji-Woon.
Viscera drained from the stage until, with the toss of his throwing knife, the final human instrument fell silent and the music stopped. Covered in sweat and blood, an exhausted Ji-Woon looked to Yun-Jin and bowed. Curtain call. He had attained perfection. With blade in hand, he made his way to Yun-Jin, prepared to tie up loose ends before the credits rolled. But as he reached her—
From where, he didn’t know, but it billowed around them, damp, cool... comfortable. He saw the grand stage: hospitals and temples, forests and slaughterhouses—an eternal plane adorned with rusted hooks, sustained by the million eyes that would watch him, run from him, experience him. All he had to do was accept, become an implement of The Fog and, most importantly, make them scream.
The Trickster's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Trickster's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Starstruck - Level 30
- Hex: Crowd Control - Level 35
- No Way Out - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Trickster's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Your unmatched showmanship dazzles all.
When carrying a Survivor, Starstruck activates:
After hooking or dropping the carried Survivor, Starstruck deactivates:
Starstruck has a cool-down of 60 seconds once the Survivor is no longer being carried.
"Enjoy this moment, few get so close." — Ji-Woon Hak
|Hex: Crowd Control||
A Hex that ensures those lesser than you are properly herded.
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
"You have no control. People like you never did." — Ji-Woon Hak
|No Way Out||
You are not going to let just anyone into the VIP room.
For each of the Survivors you manage to hook, No Way Out gains 1 Token:
"That sound when you bleed... let me hear it again" — Ji-Woon Hak
Weapon: Polished Head-Smasher
A customised aluminium bat with a sharp edge and an iconic grip.
|A mesmerising skill honed through a lifetime of practice, Ji-Woon Hak unleashes a flurry of knives with rapid-fire speed.|
Start the Trial with 60 Blades.
Press and hold the Power button to wind up and enter the Throw State.
While in the Throw State, tap the Attack button to throw a single Blade, or hold down the Attack button to unleash a flurry of Blades.
Throwing a flurry of Blades increases control and Throw rate, while decreasing Movement speed.
Restock Blades at Lockers .
A Survivor's Laceration Meter increases each time they are hit by a Blade.
Once the meter is filled (8 Blade Hits), they lose a Health State , putting them either into the Injured or Dying State .
A Survivor's Laceration Meter will gradually decrease if they have not been hit by a Blade for a short time.
Hitting a Survivor with a Basic Attack will partially deplete their Laceration Meter.
SPECIAL ATTACK: The Main Event
Each Blade Hit also fills the Event Meter.
Once full, The Main Event can be activated by pressing the Active Ability button.
In this mode The Trickster automatically throws unlimited Blades for the duration of The Main Event.
His Throw rate is significantly increased and his Movement speed does not decrease after each throw.
The Main Event can be cancelled by pressing the Active Ability button again.
Doing so reset the Event Meter and initiates a cool-down on Showstopper.
- Time to enter Throw State: 0.35 seconds
- Time to exit Throw State: 1 second
- Showstopper Charge time: 0.5 seconds
- Cool-down time between throws: 0.33 seconds
- Reload time at Lockers: 4 seconds
- Initial Movement speed at 0 Blades: 3.68 m/s
- Eventual Movement speed after 30 Blades: 2.68 m/s
- Default Throw Rate multiplier: x1
- Throw Rate multiplier after 4 Stacks: x1.1333
- Throw Rate multiplier after 8 Stacks: x1.3333
- It should be noted that each Blade is considered a "Stack".
Add-ons affecting the initial Throw Rate will pre-set the Stack counter so that these thresholds are reached with fewer Blades.
- It should be noted that each Blade is considered a "Stack".
- Main Event Throw Rate multiplier: x1.6667
- This multiplier applies to all thrown Blades.
- Main Event Movement speed: 3.68 m/s
- This Movement speed is fixed and will not change depending on the number of thrown Blades.
- Main Event Charges: 20 Charges
- Main Event Charge bonus per Hit: +1 Charge
- Main Event Depletion rate: -2 c/s
- Main Event Duration: 10 seconds
- Main Event Cool-down: 10 seconds
- Main Event Activation threshold: 0.15 seconds
- This is the time the Active Ability button needs to be pressed for to initiate the transition.
- Main Event Activation time: 1.5 seconds
- Main Event Deactivation time: 3 seconds
- Projectile speed: 55 m/s
- Projectile Lateral Spawn offset: 10 cm
- Projectile Forward Spawn Offset: 48 cm
- Left and Right Projectiles Path-Convergence distance: 128 metres
- Projectile Maximum range: 128 metres
- Maximum Consecutive Projectiles: 30 Stacks
- Low-on-Ammo threshold 15 Blades
- Laceration Meter capacity: 8 Charges
- Laceration Meter Decay rate: -0.235 c/s
- Laceration Meter Decay rate while running: -0.175 c/s
- Laceration Meter Decay delay: 15 seconds
- Laceration Charges bonus per Blade Hit: +1 Charge
- Laceration Charges penalty per Basic Attack: -4 Charges
- Recoil Effect duration: 0.125 seconds
- Recoil Angle: 10°
- This is the maximum angle at which recoil will eventually point the camera upwards to.
- Adjustment Time: 0.15 seconds
- This is the time Rotation speed takes to reach a new value.
- Throw State Yaw Rotation Scale: 100 % (90 % with Gamepad)
- Throw State Pitch Rotation Scale: 100 % (50 % with Gamepad)
- Throwing Yaw Rotation Scale: 100 % (90 % with Gamepad)
- Throwing Pitch Rotation Scale: 100 % (50 % with Gamepad)
Score Event Combos:
- Combo Buffer duration: 4 seconds
- Hit Grace Period duration: 5 seconds
- This applies to the Score Event "The Show Must Go On"
- Base Hit score: 10 points
- Filled Laceration Meter: 50 points
- Close Range Hit multiplier: x1 (applied when Hit occurred within 16 metres of The Trickster)
- Long Range Hit multiplier: x2 (applied when Hit occurred farther than 16 metres from The Trickster)
- Max Score multiplier: x10
Add-ons for Showstopper
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Trick Pouch||A pouch with a number of hidden pockets. Used by aspiring magicians and those with something to hide.
|Memento Blades||Blood-rusted knives, worn from overuse. Employed during Ji-Woon's early murders, they hold a place of importance in his heart.
|Killing Part Chords||A set of chords that Ji-Woon never found a song for. Still, the sound is undeniably catchy.
|Inferno Wires||Burnt wires form the studio fire that killed four of the five NO SPIN members. Their deaths gave rise to The Trickster.
|Tequila Moonrock||A drink invented in a modest Changwon bar. Became a favourite of Ji-Woon's.
|On Target Single||An underground single produced by Ji-Woon before achieving fame. Only the biggest NO SPIN fans collected this hidden gem.
|Lucky Blade||The first throwing knife Ji-Woon ever owned. Purchased by his father, he was expected to put on a show for those frequenting the family restaurant.
|Ji-Woon's Autograph||A signature from the celebrity known as The Trickster. Sore as his wrist was after hundred of these, it was invigorating to know he was so in demand.
|Caged Heart Shoes||Shoes that Ji-Woon wore during the music video for One Caged Heart. Allows for smooth, graceful movements of the point dance.
|Melodious Murder||An audio file of a victim's crisp, clear shriek as a blade opened her up. Ji-Woon incorporated the sound into one of his more popular tracks.
|Waiting For You Watch||A pocket watch worn by Ji-Woon during a live performance of I'll Be Waiting For You. It's a stage prop that doesn't work and never will.
"Don't run away
|Ripper Brace||A wrist brace worn by Ji-Woon during the filming of his music video Ripper. Though unintentional, the design stabilises the wrist better than many medical braces.
|Fizz-Spin Soda||A limited edition can of soda promoting NO SPIN. High sugar and caffeine content.
|Bloody Boa||A boa that Ji-Woon draped around a victim's slashed neck. A number of pockets are concealed within it.
|Trick Blades||Specialty blades that are only seen as faulty by those who lack imagination. A young Ji-Woon dazzled spectators with the trick he performed.
|Edge of Revival Album||The Trickster's debut album. The coarse and vicious tone was met with a mixed reaction from fans despite critical acclaim.
"Your whisper on me
|Diamond Cufflinks||Cufflinks gouged into the eyes of a sasaeng fan who made the mistake of stalking Ji-Woon. Rubbing off the blood, there's so much to be seen in the glitter.
"Shhh... you don't have to see your blood anymore." — Ji-Woon Hak
|Cut Thru U Single||The first single released by NO SPIN after Ji-Woon joined their ranks. Scored an all-kill on the Korean charts.
"Can't stop this love
|Iridescent Photocard||A glass-like photo moulded from The Fog itself. Ji Woon's eyes shimmer holographically on his grinning face.
"It's okay, scream my name. Let me hear everything the pain awakens..." — Ji-Woon Hak
|Death Throes Compilation||A collection of the final sounds from Ji-Woon's victims, adapted to a vinyl record. Terrifying and emotionally raw.
"Please, no... don't make it hurt... I can't... I..." — Unidentified Voice
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Trickster.
|Adept Trickster||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Trickster using only his Unique Perks: Starstruck , Hex: Crowd Control & No Way Out .|
|One Thousand Cuts||Deal maximum Laceration on Survivors 50 times in public matches.|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Trickster reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Trickster's attire includes:
- Main Article: Downloadable Content
The Killer is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- The Trickster is one of the most human-looking Killers in the game, as he has very few to none unnatural alterations from The Entity.
- It could be argued that his eye colour was changed to vibrant yellow by The Entity, but there are some people in real life with vibrant yellow eyes.
- In the Game's code, Showstopper and Main Event are respectively referred to as "Flurry of Knives" and "Super Mode".
- The Trickster is the first Killer who has been in a prolonged professional relationship with his Survivor counterpart prior to them both entering The Entity's Realm.
- The Trickster is the first Killer to speak a contemporary language (Korean) and the second one to speak during his Memento Mori.
- Before killing a Survivor, The Trickster says "간다!" (Ganda), which translates to "Go!".
- After killing a Survivor, The Trickster says "감사합니다!" (Gamsahabnida), which translates to "Thank you!".
- Upon getting stunned, The Trickster says "제기랄!" (Jegiral), which translates to "Shit!".
- Upon getting stunned, The Trickster says "젠장!" (Jenjang), which translates to "Damn it!".
- Upon getting stunned, The Trickster says "빌어먹을!" (Bileomeogeul), which translates to "Goddamn it!"
- Upon getting stunned, The Trickster says "짜증나..." (Jjajeungna), which translates to "How annoying..."
- Upon getting stunned, The Trickster partially says "아 씨발." (A ssibal), which translates to "Oh fuck."
- While reloading his Blades at a Locker, The Trickster says "이거야!" (Igeoya), which translates to "This is it!".
- Upon finding a Survivor inside a Locker, The Trickster says "찾았다!" (Chajassda), which translates to "Found you!".
- Upon hooking a Survivor, The Trickster says "좋았어!" (Johasseo), which translates to "Nice!".
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III (1-3)
+ PARAGRAPH I (1)
|CHAPTERS IV-VII (4-7)||CHAPTERS VIII-XI (8-11)||PARAGRAPH III (3)|
+ CHAPTERS XIII+XIV (13+14)
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV-XVIII (15-18)||CHAPTER XIX (19)|
|Zarina Kassir||Yun-Jin Lee|
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III (1-3)||CHAPTERS IV+V (4+5)
+ PARAGRAPH II (2)
|CHAPTERS VI-VIII (6-8)||CHAPTERS IX-XI (9-11)|
|The Trapper - Evan MacMillan||The Nurse - Sally Smithson||The Doctor - Herman Carter||The Nightmare - Freddy Krueger||The Spirit - Rin Yamaoka|
|The Wraith - Philip Ojomo||The Shape - Michael Myers||The Huntress - Anna||The Pig - Amanda Young||The Legion - Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey|
|The Hillbilly - Max Thompson Jr.||The Hag - Lisa Sherwood||The Cannibal - Bubba Sawyer||The Clown - Jeffrey Hawk||The Plague - Adiris|
|CHAPTERS XII-XIV (12-14)||CHAPTERS XV-XVII (15-17)||CHAPTERS XVIII+XIX (18+19)|
|The Ghost Face - Danny Johnson||The Deathslinger - Caleb Quinn||The Twins - Victor & Charlotte Deshayes|
|The Demogorgon - Demogorgon||The Executioner - Pyramid Head||The Trickster - Ji-Woon Hak|
|The Oni - Kazan Yamaoka||The Blight - Talbot Grimes|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|