- 1 Overview
- 2 Healthy State
- 3 Injured State
- 4 Deep Wound State
- 5 Dying State
- 6 Healing
- 7 Other UI States
- 7.1 Hooked State
- 7.2 Sacrificed State
- 7.3 Dead State
- 7.4 Trapped State
- 7.5 Obsessed State
- 7.6 Mad State
- 7.7 Broken State
- 7.8 Sleep State
- 7.9 Trapped Timer State
- 7.10 Sickness State
- 7.11 Marked State
- 7.12 Tormented State
- 7.13 Caged State
- 7.14 Latched-On State
- 7.15 Lacerated State
- 7.16 Contaminated State
- 7.17 Chain Hunt State
- 7.18 Puzzle Solving State
- 8 Change Log
Survivors have 3 main Health States: Healthy State, Injured State, and Dying State.
Health States may affect a Survivor's prowess at surviving and also inhibit certain interactions.
This is the default Health State of Survivors, they start the Trial in this Health State, with the exception of Survivors using the Perk No Mither .
Healthy Survivors can perform all interactions and move at their default Movement Speed. They don't make excessive noises other than heavy breathing after running.
Receiving damage from a Killer's Weapon puts Healthy Survivors into the Injured State.
Receiving damage while already in the Injured or in the Deep Wound State puts them into the Dying State.
Receiving double damage from a Killer's Power, or a Killer's Weapon puts Healthy Survivors directly into the Dying State.
- Honing Stone (Trapper)
- Iridescent Head (Huntress)
- Redhead's Pinky Finger (Clown)
- Iridescent Coin (Deathslinger)
- Iridescent Blight Tag (Blight)
- Iridescent Photocard (Trickster)
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge (Nemesis)
|Dragon's Grip||After kicking a Generator , for the next 30 seconds, the first Survivor interacting with it will scream, revealing their location for 4 seconds, and suffers from the Exposed Status Effect for 60 seconds.|
Dragon's Grip has a cool-down of 120/100/80 seconds.
"Such potential in this compound... even the slightest trace causes unnatural effects." — Journal of Talbot Grimes
|Hex: Devour Hope||A Hex rooting its power on hope.|
The false hope of Survivors ignites your hunger.
Each time a Survivor is rescued from a Hook when you are at least 24 metres away, Hex: Devour Hope recieves 1 Token:
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
|Hex: Haunted Ground||Two trapped Hex Totems will spawn in the Trial Grounds.
"Her home become profane."
|Hex: No One Escapes Death||A Hex rooting its power on hope.|
You are animated by the power of your Hex Totem when the Survivors are on the verge of escaping.
Hex: No One Escapes Death remains inactive if no Dull Totems are available.
"And the beast became faster and more powerful as if The Entity's shadowy whips were lashing at its back."
|Iron Maiden||You open Lockers 30/40/50 % faster.|
Survivor's who exit Lockers suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 30 seconds and their location is revealed to you for 4 seconds.
"This is no place for cowards." — The Legion
|Make Your Choice||Each time a Survivor is rescued from a Hook when you are at least 32 metres away, Make Your Choice activates:
Make Your Choice has a cooldown of 40/50/60 seconds.
|Rancor||You become obsessed with one Survivor.|
Each time a Generator is completed:
Once all Generators are completed:
You can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
|Starstruck||Your unmatched showmanship dazzles all.|
When carrying a Survivor, Starstruck activates:
After hooking or dropping the carried Survivor, Starstruck deactivates:
Starstruck has a cool-down of 60 seconds once the Survivor is no longer being carried.
- Bubba's Chainsaw (Cannibal)
- except when using the Speed Limiter Add-on
- Chainsaw (Hillbilly)
- Evil Within III (Shape)
- Night Shroud (activated) (Ghost Face)
- Yamaoka's Wrath (Blood Fury) (Oni)
This is the default Health State of Survivors using the Perk No Mither .
Receiving damage from a Killer's Power or Weapon puts Injured Survivors into the Dying State.
Survivors that were grabbed during an interaction with a Prop are also put into the Dying State.
Survivors can also ignore being put from the Injured State into the Dying State once should Mettle of Man activate.
Deep Wound State
- Refer to the Status Effect
This Health State is also a Status Effect inflicted by various Unlockables.
While Deep Wounded, Survivors are on a bleed-out timer (shown as a yellow bar on the HUD) until they either Mend themselves, are Mended by other Survivors, or the timer runs out.
The bleed-out timer is paused whenever the affected Survivor is either running or Mending.
Partial Mending progress is saved, if the interaction is interrupted.
If the bleed-out timer runs out, the Survivor will fall into the Dying State.
As a unique side-effect of Madness , Survivors cannot Mend themselves, if they are on Madness Tier III, but can still be Mended by other Survivors that are not on that Tier.
|Borrowed Time||You are fuelled with an unexpected energy when saving an Ally from a Hook.|
For 10/15/20 seconds after unhooking a Survivor, the unhooked Survivor is protected by the Endurance Status Effect.
"Probably stings like hell, but it ain't gonna kill ya. Up and at 'em soldier. Time to move!" — Bill Overbeck
|Inner Healing||You look inwards and trust your instincts when you feel lost and alone.|
Each time you cleanse a Totem , Inner Healing activates:
Inner Healing does not activate if you currently suffer from the Broken Status Effect.
|Inner Strength||THIS PERK HAS BEEN RETIRED.|
You look inwards and trust your instincts when you feel lost and alone.
Inner Strength does not activate if you currently suffer from the Broken Status Effect.
|Soul Guard||You have been through immense hardship and you're stronger for it.|
After being healed from or having recovered from the Dying State , Soul Guard grants you the Endurance Status Effect for the next 4/6/8 seconds.
Soul Guard allows you to completely recover from the Dying State when you are affected by the Cursed Status Effect.
In the Dying State, a Survivor's Movement speed is limited to a slow crawl and they are unable to use any of their Items .
A crawling Survivor has two options: recover as much health as they can (at maximum 95 % at a rate of 50 % of the normal Healing speed, which equates to recovery taking 30.4 seconds), or crawl away to find help. Without the aid of certain Perks , a Survivor cannot fully recover by themselves; they will need another Survivor to finish healing them. A crawling Survivor can be picked up by the Killer and brought to a sacrificial Hooks .
While in the Dying State, Survivors slowly bleed out till death (after 240 seconds). The bleed-out progress can be seen below the Survivor's Status Icon in the HUD.
Healing from the Dying State puts a Survivor into the Injured State.
Dying Survivors can see the Auras of their teammates and vice versa. Dying Survivors can use their teammates' locations to determine whether they should move or attempt to recover.
- It takes 240 seconds (4 minutes) for a Dying Survivor to bleed out and die.
- A Killer can see the Aura of a nearby Dying Survivor if they have the Perk Deerstalker .
- Tenacity allows Survivors in the Dying State, to recover and crawl at the same time.
- Unbreakable , No Mither , and Soul Guard allow a Survivor to fully recover from the Dying State.
- Adrenaline instantly recovers a Survivor one full Health State when the Exit Gates become powered.
- A Killer using Knock Out will prevent the other Survivors from seeing the Dying Survivor's Aura outside of a certain range, similar to a reverse Deerstalker .
- Survivors can reduce the grunting by using No Mither .
Healing can put Survivors back into higher Health States.
It is considered a Healing action and affected by various Unlockables.
- It is possible to heal oneself back to Healthy with either a Med-Kit , Self-Care , or being healed by other Survivors.
- The exceptions are Survivors affected by the Broken Status Effect. Any afflicted Survivor cannot be healed past the Injured State.
- Healing one Health State requires 16 Charges. Since Survivors heal at a default Healing speed of 1 c/s, this causes the action to take 16 seconds by default.
- Some Unlockables can either increase or decrease the Healing speed, but the required Charges remain the same.
- Up to two Survivors may heal a third Survivor, doubling the combined Healing speed to 2 c/s, effectively halving the required Healing time.
- A Killer can see the Auras of a Survivor being healed or healing themselves with the Perk A Nurse's Calling .
Mending will put Survivors afflicted by Deep Wound back into the Injured State.
It is not considered a Healing action and therefore remains unaffected by Unlockables, with the exception of Killer Power Add-ons that affect its duration.
Should the bleed-out timer run out or the affected Survivor receive damage by the Killer, they will be put into the Dying State.
- Self-Mending takes 12 seconds to complete.
- Altruistic Mending takes 8 seconds to complete.
- Up to two Survivors may Mend a third Survivor.
However, this incurs a Mending Speed penalty of -25 %
- Up to two Survivors may Mend a third Survivor.
- Partial Mending progress is saved.
Other UI States
In addition to the aforementioned Health States, there are several States that are not considered such, but appear in the same location on the Status HUD:
The Hooked State is shown whenever a Survivor is on a Hook and undergoing the Sacrifice process.
The Sacrificed State is shown after a hooked Survivor lost the battle against The Entity and was successfully sacrificed.
The Dead State is shown after a Survivor who was left in the Dying State for too long bleeds out and dies.
It is also shown after a Killer kills a Survivor by any means.
The Obsessed State is shown whenever a Survivor was chosen as The Killer's Obsession .
The Broken State is shown whenever a Survivor is damaged to the point that they can no longer be healed back to the Healthy State.
Trapped Timer State
The Trapped Timer State is shown whenever a Survivor's has a Reverse Bear Trap of The Pig attached to their head.
The former shows an inactive Reverse Bear Trap, while the latter shows one ticking down.
The Sickness State is shown whenever a Survivor came in contact with Vile Purge by The Plague .
The Marked State is shown whenever a Survivor was successfully stalked by The Ghost Face and is vulnerable to taking double damage.
The Tormented State is shown whenever a Survivor came into contact with a Torment Trail by The Executioner .
The Latched-On State is shown whenever Victor of The Twins successfully pounced on a Survivor's back.
The Lacerated State is shown whenever a Survivor gets hit by The Trickster 's Blades.
The HUD also indicates how many Blades left until the next Health State.
The Contaminated State is shown whenever The Nemesis contaminates a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike.
Chain Hunt State
The Chain Hunt State is shown whenever Lament Configuration is charging a Chain Hunt when facing The Cenobite .
Puzzle Solving State
The Puzzle Solving State is shown whenever a Survivor has picked up the Lament Configuration when facing The Cenobite .
It will animate when the Survivor is starting to solve the Puzzle Box.
- Nerf: increased the Health State capacity from 12 Charges to 16 Charges.
- Reduced the Mending times of Survivors from an unknown amount (~15 seconds) to 12 seconds for Self-Mending and 8 seconds for Altruistic Mending.