m (Added missing translation)
|Line 123:||Line 123:|
Revision as of 12:42, 19 January 2021
|This hatch I found baffles me. As I witnessed the last Survivor being, yet again, the victim of the dreaded hook I stumbled upon it as I slowly backed away. I finally found my keyhole. With my last strength I opened it, entered its tunnels and somehow found my way to the campfire. Now I sit here contemplating its purpose. Is hope more important for the Entity than I thought? Is this hatch just a treat you give a dog to as encouragement? For now I take what I can get.|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal|
|On one rare occasion, I encountered an alternative way to escape. It suddenly dawned on me that I was the only remaining Survivor|
|~ A Note signed 'V.' (potentially Vigo)|
The Hatch is last-resort option for the Last Survivor Standing to escape a Trial in which they failed to open up or even power the Exit Gates .
If there at least 2 Survivors still alive, special spawn conditions apply and a Key must be used to open it.
A manually opened Hatch will only remain open for 30 seconds, after which it will close itself again.
During this time period, any Survivor still remaining in the Trial can interact with it and immediately escape the Trial.
Last Survivor Standing
If only a single Survivor is left alive in the Trial, the Hatch opens automatically and will remain open indefinitely, until either the Survivor escapes or the Killer closes it.
- This interaction was implemented with Patch 2.7.0, before which the Hatch could not be closed manually.
The Killer has the ability to interact with an open Hatch and close it, barring the remaining Survivor(s) from escaping through it.
If the remaining Survivor has a Key , a manually closed Hatch can be re-opened, giving them another chance at escaping.
Triggering Endgame Collapse
- This interaction was disabled with Patch 2.7.0.
Before Killers were able to manually close the Hatch, they had the ability to grab a Survivor mid-jump and immediately hoist them onto their shoulder.
The Hatch will spawn in a randomly selected location on the Map at the very start of the Trial and remain invisible and non-interact-able to both the Survivors and the Killer until specific conditions are met.
The Hatch will reveal its location once open by emitting a peculiar sound:
- Annotated Blueprint : likelier to spawn in the Killer Shack, if available.
- Vigo's Blueprint : likelier to spawn in the main building, if available.
The Hatch will become visible whenever the number of fully repaired Generators exceeds the number of living Survivors by 1:
- 4 Survivors remaining: 5 repaired Generators / Exit Gates are powered
- 3 Survivors remaining: 4 repaired Generators / 1 Generator left
- 2 Survivors remaining: 3 repaired Generators / 2 Generators left
- 1 Survivor remaining: Spawns and opens regardless of how many Generators remain to be repaired.
There are currently five Achievements related to the Hatch.
|Agonising Escape||Hidden: Crawl your way out of the Exit Gates or into the Hatch .|
|Backdoor Escape||Hidden: Escape from a Trial through the Hatch .|
|Denied!||Close the Hatch 30 times.|
|Outrun Evil||Crawl your way out through the Hatch .|
|Where Did They Go?!?||Hidden: With any Survivor, arrange for all Survivors to escape through the Hatch in a single Trial.|
The first two iterations of the Hatch-closing mechanic was tested during the 2.0.0 Public Test Build and functioned as follows:
- 1st Iteration: closing the Hatch required the last Survivor to repair another Generator in order to re-open the Hatch.
- 2nd Iteration: closing the Hatch powered all remaining Generators, requiring the last Survivor to open an Exit Gate instead.
The first Iteration was discarded rather swiftly as neither the Developers nor part of the Community were satisfied with how the changes played out in the Public Test Build.
It also opened up other problems which led to the Developers deciding to revisit the entire end-game situation instead of just the Hatch alone.
Ultimately, the second iteration was chosen as the one to be implemented, alongside other end-game changes, with Patch 2.7.0.
- The Hatch now always spawns and opens when there is only one last Survivor remaining in the Trial (used to only spawn and open if there were at least 2 repaired Generators).
- The Killer may close an open Hatch, which will initiate the Endgame Collapse and require a Key for it to be re-opened by the Survivor.
- Killers can no longer perform a Hatch Interrupt.
- The original name "Black Lock" stems from an earlier concept version back when the Hatch mechanic was not conceived yet and instead there would have been several "Black Locks" distributed across the Map, that could be unlocked with the Skeleton Key.
- Up to Patch 2.7.0, much like with Windows , the Killer could interrupt a Survivor in the process of jumping into the Hatch. If timed correctly, the Survivor would be grabbed out of the Hatch and hoisted onto the Killer's shoulder, regardless of the Survivor's current Health State.
- During one of their weekly Streams, Developers Dave and Ash revealed the Hatch having a deep connection with a particular Character. Said Character has been mentioned at least at some point in the Game.
- If a Survivor opens the Hatch while there are still generators remaining and the Killer closes the Hatch, the Endgame Collapse will initiate and the Exit Gates will be powered, regardless of how many Generators remain.
The following audio file shows the entire sequence of the Hatch's behaviour in-game:
|TL;DR of Hatch
Use: Alternate way of escaping the Trial
|Alarm Clocks||Bear Traps||Breakable Walls||Cages of Atonement|
|Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates|
|Lockers||Moonlight||Pallets||Pools of Devotion|