The Golden Toolbox is a recurring Easter egg of Dead by Daylight .
- 1 Overview
- 2 Locations
- 2.1 The MacMillan Estate - Groaning Storehouse
- 2.2 Autohaven Wreckers - Gas Heaven
- 2.3 Coldwind Farm - Fractured Cowshed
- 2.4 Crotus Prenn Asylum - Father Campbell's Chapel
- 2.5 Haddonfield - Lampkin Lane
- 2.6 Yamaoka Estate - Family Residence
- 2.7 Gideon Meat Plant - The Game
- 2.8 Backwater Swamp - Pale Rose
- 2.9 Léry's Memorial Institute - Treatment Theatre
- 2.10 Red Forest - Mother's Dwelling
- 2.11 Hawkins National Laboratory - The Underground Complex
- 2.12 Grave of Glenvale - Dead Dawg Saloon
- 2.13 Silent Hill - Midwich Elementary School
- 2.14 Ormond - Mount Ormond Resort
- 3 Trivia
It is an Easter Egg, hidden in specific inaccessible locations on the maps in which it appears. As such, it cannot be obtained or interacted with in any way, serving instead as an intrinsic goal for observant, dedicated players.
The existence of the Golden Toolbox was originally discovered at its Haddonfield location, where it is relatively easy to spot.
The Golden Toolbox is located behind a large, wrapped pallet of boxes on one of the Storehouse's shelves.
The Golden Toolbox is located on the floor between two car piles.
The Golden Toolbox is located in the rafters of the cowshed in an upper corner, on the side with a covered window.
The Golden Toolbox is located underneath the Clown's Caravan, behind one of the wheels.
The Golden Toolbox is located under a picnic table.
The Golden Toolbox is located in the main building upstairs in the rafters. Before Golden Toolbox used to spawn under the building, and could be seen from outside.
The Golden Toolbox spawns under the table near TV Room location.
The Golden Toolbox is located underneath the floorboards of the Pale Rose, under one of the ramps to the second floor.
The Golden Toolbox is located outside of the hospital building, and can be seen through a hole in the wall behind a set of chairs.
The Golden Toolbox is located buried in the floor, with only its right side visible. It is in the middle of a rock circle.
The Golden Toolbox is located inside of a phonebooth at one of the intersections of the roads. It should be noted that this only spawns on Badham Preschool I.
There are multiple possible locations for the Golden Toolbox on the Map. All of them require the Endgame Collapse to be triggered for the Golden Toolbox to become visible. The most famous location is inside a crate in the Rift Lab. However, it can also spawn inside crates located elsewhere on the Map.
The Golden Toolbox is located in the water tower. Currently there's no known way of seeing it in the trial, other than bugs/exploits.
The Golden Toolbox is located in the chemistry lab in a mound of flesh on a desk. In order for it to be revealed, the Endgame Collapse must be triggered, and a survivor must be downed early on in order for the Endgame Collapse to last long enough. Toward the end of the collapse, the toolbox will reveal itself and protrude from the mound of flesh.
The Golden Toolbox originally was located in main building and could be seen through crack in a wall. Currently Golden Toolbox is entirely gone from the map and can't be found.
- The Golden Toolbox on Midwich Elementary School is located in essentially the same spot as the golden medallion in the first Silent Hill.