- This article is an overview of all Flashlights featured in Dead by Daylight.
For other uses, see Flashlight (disambiguation).
The main use for Flashlights is to temporarily blind the Killer.
Blinding the Killer while they are carrying a Survivor will stun them for a few seconds and release the carried Survivor from their shoulder back to the Injured State.
The Flashlight Beam reaches 10 metres by default.
The Blind duration lasts for 2 seconds by default.
Killers are unable to perform a Lunge Attack while blinded.
In case of some Killers, Flashlights have special interactions:
- Shining a Flashlight upon a cloaked Wraith will trigger the Lightburn effect after a few seconds, momentarily stunning him and forcing him out of his cloak.
- Shining a Flashlight will reveal the Aura of any Phantasm Traps The Hag might have placed in the vicinity. Aiming the Flashlight directly at a Trap Aura will destroy the Trap without triggering it after few seconds.
- Shining a Flashlight upon The Nurse while she is charging her Blink (regardless of whether that is her initial or a Chain Blink) will trigger the Lightburn effect after a few seconds, causing her to go straight into the Fatigue state.
- Shining a Flashlight upon The Spirit's Husk while she is phase-walking will cause the Husk to disappear after a few seconds and with it any potential effects induced by the Husk's Terror Radius.
- Blinding The Legion mid-Frenzy will cancel Feral Frenzy without applying the associated cool-down, allowing The Legion to attack immediately, which despite being blinded can injure the Flashlight user.
The original and only Flashlight up to Patch 1.1.2.
|Flashlight (Item)||A standard Flashlight.
Can be used to light your way in the darkness.
The Flashlight lasts for 8 seconds.
"Most of the battery life was wastefully used by the previous owner."
Patch 1.1.2 introduced 2 new Flashlights to the Game:
|Sport Flashlight||A very portable Flashlight with a good grip.
Its efficient technology produces a powerful light while consuming less power.
The Sport Flashlight lasts for 8 seconds.
|Utility Flashlight||A sturdy but heavy Flashlight that packs a lot of power.
The Utility Flashlight lasts for 12 seconds.
|Will O' Wisp||A Flashlight equipped with a special lens cover that adds an orange tint and a little Ghost to the beam.
The Will O' Wisp lasts for 8 seconds.
"Happy Trick or Treating!"
|Fourth Year Flashlight||Item description has not yet been added to Template:Item desc|
The following list features all available Add-ons for the Flashlight:
|Wide Lens||A thing wide lens in perfect condition. Designed to spread the Flashlight beam at the cost of reducing its range of effectiveness.
|Power Bulb||A tiny Flashlight bulb that packs more wattage for a brighter, more powerful light beam.
"Even the most powerful light cannot pierce through the Black Fog's darkness."
|Leather Grip||A leather strip wrapped around the Flashlight for more grip.
"Too many have fallen due to sweaty hands."
|Battery||A standard battery of unknown brand.
"Another nearly empty battery."
|TIR Optic||A lens and reflector combo which can magnify a Flashlight's beam.
"Let the light burn them out of their dark shroud."
|Rubber Grip||A rubber grip specifically fitting Flashlights for more grip.
|Low Amp Filament||A filament bulb designed to extend a Flashlight battery's life.
|Heavy Duty Battery||A battery marked as "industrial strength".
"A battery advertised as lasting 8 hours lasts only a couple of seconds in The Black Fog."
|Focus Lens||A thick glass lens that focuses the Flashlight beam to increase its intensity.
|Long Life Battery||A recent model of battery that lasts longer.
|Intense Halogen||A chemical bulb that generates an intensely clear light.
|High-End Sapphire Lens||A wide lens made of unscratchable sapphire that optimises the power and range of the light beam.
|Odd Bulb||A heavy and completely opaque bulb of unknown origin which emits a faint light even when turned off.
|Broken Bulb||NO LONGER AVAILABLE
A damaged bulb that causes a spooky flickering effect.