- This article is an overview of all Flashlights featured in Dead by Daylight. For other uses, see Flashlight (disambiguation).
Overview[edit | edit source]
The main use for Flashlights is to temporarily blind the Killer.
Blinding the Killer while they are carrying a Survivor will stun them for a few seconds and release the carried Survivor from their shoulder back to the Injured State.
Killers are unable to perform a Lunge Attack while blinded.
In case of some Killers, Flashlights have special interactions:
- Shining a Flashlight upon a cloaked Wraith will trigger the Lightburn effect after a few seconds, momentarily stunning him and forcing him out of his cloak.
- Shining a Flashlight will reveal the Aura any Phantasm Traps The Hag might have placed in the vicinity. Aiming the Flashlight directly at a Trap Aura will destroy the Trap without triggering it after few seconds.
- Shining a Flashlight upon The Nurse while she is charging her Blink (regardless of whether that is her initial or a Chain Blink) will trigger the Lightburn effect after a few seconds, causing her to go straight into the Fatigue state.
- Shining a Flashlight upon The Spirit's Husk while she is phase-walking will cause the Husk to disappear after a few seconds and with it any potential effects induced by the Husk's Terror Radius.
- Blinding The Legion mid-Frenzy will cancel Feral Frenzy without applying the associated cool-down, allowing The Legion to attack immediately, which despite being blinded can injure the Flashlight user.
Original Flashlight[edit | edit source]
The original and only Flashlight up to Patch 1.1.2.
|Flashlight (Item)||A standard Flashlight.
"Most of the battery life was wastefully used by the previous owner."
New Flashlights[edit | edit source]
Patch 1.1.2 introduced 2 new Flashlights to the Game:
|Sport Flashlight||A very portable Flashlight with a good grip. Its efficient technology produces a powerful light while consuming less power.
|Utility Flashlight||A sturdy but heavy Flashlight that packs a lot of power.
Halloween Flashlight[edit | edit source]
|Will O' Wisp||A Flashlight equipped with a special lens cover that adds an orange tint and a little Ghost to the beam.
"Happy Trick or Treating!"
Anniversary Flashlight[edit | edit source]
|Fourth Year Flashlight||A festive Flashlight that explodes with confetti upon blinding a Killer. Surprise!
"Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more!" — The Dead by Daylight Team
Flashlight Add-ons[edit | edit source]
The following list features all available Add-ons for the Flashlight:
|Wide Lens||A thing wide lens in perfect condition. Designed to spread the Flashlight beam at the cost of reducing its range of effectiveness.
|Power Bulb||A tiny Flashlight bulb that packs more wattage for a brighter, more powerful light beam.
"Even the most powerful light cannot pierce through the Black Fog's darkness."
|Leather Grip||A leather strip wrapped around the Flashlight for more grip.
"Too many have fallen due to sweaty hands."
|Battery||A standard battery of unknown brand.
"Another nearly empty battery."
|TIR Optic||A lens and reflector combo which can magnify a Flashlight's beam.
"Let the light burn them out of their dark shroud."
|Rubber Grip||A rubber grip specifically fitting Flashlights for more grip.
|Low Amp Filament||A filament bulb designed to extend a Flashlight battery's life.
|Heavy Duty Battery||A battery marked as "industrial strength".
"A battery advertised as lasting 8 hours lasts only a couple of seconds in The Black Fog."
|Focus Lens||A thick glass lens that focuses the Flashlight beam to increase its intensity.
|Long Life Battery||A recent model of battery that lasts longer.
|Intense Halogen||A chemical bulb that generates an intensely clear light.
|High-End Sapphire Lens||A wide lens made of unscratchable sapphire that optimises the power and range of the light beam.
|Odd Bulb||A heavy and completely opaque bulb of unknown origin which emits a faint light even when turned off.
|Broken Bulb||A damaged bulb that causes a spooky flickering effect.