|Game Alias(es)||"Lead Cenobite"
|Power||Summons of Pain|
|Power Attack Type||Special Attack|
|Weapon||Hook & Chain|
|Movement Speed||115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|Terror Radius||32 metres|
|Voice Actor||Doug Bradley (Actor)|
|Terror Radius Music|
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER 21: Hellraiser™, a Chapter DLC released on 7 September 2021.
He originates from the 1987 Horror Movie franchise, Hellraiser.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 Load-out
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Cosmetic Options
- 6 DLC
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
The Cenobite is a summoning Killer, able to possess Chain Projectiles and use the Lament Configuration to torture every Survivor at once.
Difficulty Rating: Very Hard
(These Killers require a high amount of practice and understanding, inexperienced Players are likely to find little success when using them)
A demon to some, an angel to others. Pinhead is an explorer in the further regions of experience, indulging in the limitless thrill of pleasure and pain. When the puzzle box known as the Lament Configuration — a key to another dimension — was found in The Entity's Realm, it was only a matter of time before it fell into curious hands. Once opened, he arrived. What came next was sweet suffering that spilled over the Realm.
The Cenobite comes with 3 Perks that are unique to him:
A Hex that toys with a victim's suffering.
If there is at least one Dull Totem remaining in the Trial Grounds, Hex: Plaything activates on a random Totem each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time:
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
|Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain|
You are the bringer of sweet pain.
At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks:
Each time a Survivor is unhooked from a Scourge Hook, the following effects apply:
Progressing through The Cenobite's Bloodweb will spawn their Teachable Variant at specific Levels:
Obtaining the Teachable Perks will unlock them to spawn in the Bloodwebs of all other Killers.
Weapon: Hook & Chain
The Hook & Chain are the Primary Weapon of The Cenobite.
He wields them with thrill.
Power: Summons of Pain
|An extradimensional gateway that leads to pleasure and pain so great it will tear your soul apart.|
A Survivor bound with a regular Chain is unable to sprint, suffers from the Incapacitated Status Effect, and cannot leave through the Exit Gate .
If the Chain is not broken, a second and eventually a third Chain will appear and bind them as well, each applying a stack-able Movement Speed penalty to the Survivor.
If the bound Survivor brings any environmental object between them and a Chain's Gateway, the Chain will break immediately.
However, this action causes a replacement Chain to spawn and attempt to rebind the Survivor.
If other Survivors, or The Cenobite himself, walk through a Chain, the Chain will also break immediately, without spawning a replacement Chain.
Survivors can see the Aura of the Lament Configuration, which is white when idle and yellow during an on-going Chain Hunt.
Any Survivor can pick-up the Lament Configuration and carry it with them, but not without experiencing some suffering.
- The Survivor suffers permanently from the Oblivious Status Effect.
- The Survivor is intermittently attacked with Chains summoned by the Lament Configuration.
The Lament Configuration cannot be dropped, it must be solved to remove it from their possession.
Solving the Lament Configuration will indicate the Survivor's location to the The Cenobite through Killer Instinct.
While the Lament Configuration is being solved, The Cenobite can choose to teleport to that Survivor's location.
This causes the Lament Configuration to open and bind the Survivor with three small Chains while The Cenobite completes the teleportation.
Chain Hunt: If left to its own devices, the Lament Configuration eventually initiates a Chain Hunt.
During a Chain Hunt, the Lament Configuration continuously summons Chains that pursue and attempt to bind every Survivor, until any Survivor picks up the Lament Configuration, which ends the Chain Hunt.
The Cenobite can pick up the Lament Configuration himself, which will immediately start a Chain Hunt.
Additionally, all Survivors are instantly bound by Chains, causing them to scream and reveal their respective locations.
|Lament Configuration Tune||Plays on a continuous loop for the Survivor carrying the Lament Configuration.|
Replaces all other Ambient sounds.
|Lament Configuration Spawn Cue||Plays whenever the Lament Configuration respawns.|
Also plays on the first spawn.
|Lament Configuration Escape||Plays after a Survivor escapes with the Lament Configuration.|
This prevents the box from respawning for the remainder of the Endgame Collapse .
- Chain Strike: 3.68 m/s
- Uncontrolled Projectile: 10 m/s
- Controlled Projectile (initially): 10 m/s
- Controlled Projectile (intermittently; after 0.4 seconds): 15 m/s
- Controlled Projectile (intermittently, after 0.7 seconds): 37.5 m/s
- Controlled Projectile (eventually, after 4 seconds): 40 m/s
- The Gateway works the same as The Nurse's Blink indicator when using Plaid Flannel
- Minimum Placement distance: 1.5 metres
- Maximum Placement distance: 16 metres
- Placement speed: 8 m/s
- This refers to the speed at which the Gateway is moving away from The Cenobite during the Placement phase.
- Placement Cancellation cool-down time: 1.5 seconds
- Camera Pan time: 0.5 seconds
- Field of View Change time: 0.75 seconds
- Possession Cancellation cool-down time: 3 seconds
- Killer Repossession Fade-in time: 0.25 seconds
- Maximum Possession duration: 6 seconds
- After this time elapses, control will revert back to The Cenobite.
Gateway Pitch Angles:
- Maximum/Minimum Pitch Angle: ±45 °
- This refers to how high/low The Cenobite can look while possessing the Gateway from an imagined horizon.
Lament Configuration (Chain Hunt):
- Chain Hunt Charge time: 90 seconds
- After spawning the Lament Configuration.
- Minimum Chain Hunt Attack delay: 9 seconds
- Maximum Chain Hunt Attack delay: 12 seconds
- Chain Targeting Cool-down: 4 seconds
- This applies to the Survivor holding the Lament Configuration-
- Number of Chains targeting Survivors after Cenobite pick-up: 3 Chains
- Loud Noise Notification duration: 3 seconds
- Escape Grasp charge time: 2 seconds
Lament Configuration (Spawn Times):
- Respawn after Cenobite pick-up: 10 seconds
- Respawn after Survivor solving: 45 seconds
- Respawn after Survivor escaped grasp: 45 seconds
- Respawn after Survivor escaped grasp through Killer attack: 30 seconds
Lament Configuration (Spawn Location):
The Lament Configuration has the following behaviour in regards to choosing its spawn and respawn location:
- When running the Spawn Routine, the Lament Configuration first maps all possible Spawn locations in the Trial Grounds and checks their distance to Survivors and The Cenobite:
- if a spawn location is within 16 metres of any Survivor, its chances decrease by -5,000 points.
- if a spawn location is within 40 metres of The Cenobite, its chances decrease by -15,000 points.
- any spawn locations outside of these radii have an equal chance to be picked as the Lament Configuration's spawn location.
Lament Configuration (Solving):
- Interaction time: 6 seconds
- Interaction cool-down: 1 second
- Skill Check:
- Penalty time: 1 second
- Duration: 1.1 seconds
- Trigger chance: 100 %
- Good Success Zone length: 15 %
- Good Success bonus: 0 %
- Great Success Zone length: 2.5 %
- Great Success bonus: 2 %
- Charge time: 3.25 seconds
- Slow-down duration post-teleport: 1.25 seconds
- Minimum Teleportation distance: to within 10 metres of the Survivor
- Maximum Teleportation distance: to within 12 metres of the Survivor
- Exit Blocker Linger time: 5 seconds
- This refers to how long the Exit Gate Blocker lingers after a Survivor is freed from the Possessed Chain.
- Removal duration for Survivors: 1 second per Chain
- Maximum number of attached Chains: 3 Chains
- Maximum Length before breaking off: 18 metres
- Post-Unhook Immunity duration: 3 seconds
- This is so Survivors are not immediately targeted by Chains after being unhooked.
- While chained; Survivors are unable to run and each additional Chain further reduces their Movement speed:
- 1 Chain: 2.26 m/s
- 2 Chains: 1.695 m/s
- 3 Chains: 1.13 m/s
Chain Projectiles (General):
- Field of View Change time: 0.75 seconds
- Shot Cool-down time: 5 seconds
- Reel-Back speed: 20 m/s
Chain Projectiles (Controlled):
- Initial Projectile speed: 10 m/s
- Maximum Yaw Turn rate: 125 ° per Server Tick
- Maximum Pitch Turn Rate: 100 ° per Server Tick
- Maximum Travel distance: 24 metres
- Roll Angle speed: 3.5 °
- Roll Angle Reset speed: 10 °
- Maximum Roll Angle: 25 °
- Bonus Chains on Hit: +2 Chains
- Additional Chains that will instantly grab the Survivor hit by a controlled Chain.
Chain Projectiles (Uncontrolled):
- Launch delay: 1.5 seconds
- This refers to how long the Game waits before launching an uncontrolled Chain after its spawn location is revealed.
- Spawn buffer: 3 seconds
- This refers to how long the Game waits before launching another uncontrolled Chain.
- Minimum Spawn distance to Survivor: 2.5 metres
- Maximum Spawn distance to Survivor: 6 metres
- Projectile Speed: 10 m/s
- Maximum Travel distance: 16 metres
- Reel-Back Speed: 20 m/s
- Only applies to Chains that did not hit a Survivor.
- Maximum length until Break-off: 18 metres.
Add-ons for Summons of Pain
|Leather Strip||Leather strips torn from a Cenobite's uniform, allowing for the mutilation of exposed flesh.
|Lively Crickets||Insects which scarcely avoided being eaten by a mysterious drifter.
|Burning Candle||A candle lit by Frank Cotton during a fatal summoning ceremony.
|Bent Nail||A simple nail that cut deep into Larry Cotton's hand.|
Though the damage was superficial, it set into motion a horrifying set of events.
|Wriggling Maggots||Larvae that poured from the mouth of a corpse hidden in the Cotton household.
|Spoiled Meal||A pile of mould, feasted on by a cockroach.|
Perhaps a sign of Frank Cotton's mysterious disappearance...
|Skewered Rat||A crude solution for the Cotton home's rat problem.
|Liquified Gore||The result of summoning the Cenobites.|
There is no telling what part of the human body this belonged to.
|Flickering Television||A television that acted strangely upon the arrival of the Cenobites.
|Torture Pillar||A dangling slab covered in the gore of past victims.
|Slice of Frank||A slab of Frank's face after his torture at the hand of the Cenobites.
|Larry's Remains||The skeletal remains of Larry Cotton, covered in a thick, sticky layer of blood.
|Larry's Blood||The blood of Larry Cotton, which partially resurrected his brother Frank.
|Frank's Heart||The beating heart of Frank, given life from his brother's blood.
|Original Pain||The first pin pushed into Pinhead's skull.|
Such pleasure and pain.
|Impaling Wire||A wire that pierces the cheeks of a Cenobite, while revealing the gaping wound on her neck.
|Greasy Black Lens||A lens from the sunglasses of an obese Cenobite whose fleshy rolls droop down his face and neck.
|Chatterer's Tooth||A fragment from a Cenobite whose mouth chatters endlessly.|
This tooth, having broken from his jaw, is finally silent.
|Iridescent Lament Configuration||A glass-like puzzle box moulded from The Fog itself.|
This replica differs from the original, providing altogether new powers.
"You opened it. We came." — Pinhead
|Engineer's Fang||A sharp tooth from the maw of a fleshy, scorpion-like creature, known to accompany Cenobites on their grim undertakings.
"We have such sights to show you." — Pinhead
- Main article: Achievements
There are 2 Achievements related to The Cenobite:
|Adept Cenobite||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Cenobite using only his Unique Perks: Deadlock , Hex: Plaything & Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain .|
|Tear Their Soul Apart||With The Cenobite , bind Survivors with Possessed Chains 50 times.|
Players can choose from a variety of Cosmetic options to customise The Cenobite:
- Linked Cosmetics : click on the icon in the table below to see the individual parts of a Cosmetic Set and their descriptions.
|The Hell Priest||Very Rare||Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others.||Garment of Torment
Grappling Hook & Chain
|7 September 2021|
|Chatterer||Legendary||An avid servant of Pinhead, dedicated to exploring the limits of human sensations.||One-piece Outfit||Hellraiser||
|7 September 2021|
|Grappling Hook & Chain||Very Rare||The perverse hook & chain he wields with cruelty and satisfaction.||The Hell Priest||Hellraiser||
|7 September 2021|
Alternate Character Models
The Cenobite has 1 alternate Character model available in the in-game Store:
- The Chatterer
- Main Article: Downloadable Content
The Cenobite is part of 1 DLC:
- CHAPTER 21: Hellraiser
- The Cenobite features various unique animations where he uses his chains to perform various actions.
- This is inspired by how The Cenobite almost never physically interacts with his victims in the Hellraiser films, instead interacting through his chains.
- The Cenobite is the second Killer to interact with Breakables through telekinetic powers.
- The Cenobite is the first and only Killer whose Mori removes the Survivors' body from the Trial Grounds, as the corpse of the Survivors remain after being killed by any other Killer.
- It is possible to stop The Cenobite teleporting by stunning him.
- The Cenobite is the fourth Killer in the Game to speak.
- He is the second Killer to speak English.
- All of his voicelines are based on quotes from the first Hellraiser film.
- While The Chatterer Legendary Outfit is equipped, no voicelines are played, instead The Chatterer will make a chattering noise.
- In the Public Test Build of Patch 5.2.0, The Cenobite had voice-lines spoken by an unknown voice actor, which were removed for the live release without much explanation other than "they weren't quite ready yet".
- When teleporting to a Survivor solving the Lament Configuration:
"You opened the Box, I came!" (1)
"You opened the Box, I came!" (2)
"The Box, you opened it! I came!"
"The Box, you opened it! And I came!"
- While performing his Memento Mori:
"I shall tear your soul apart!"
- In the Public Test Build of Patch 5.5.0, The Cenobite's voice-lines were reinstated and expanded, now being voiced by actor Doug Bradley himself, who played Pinhead in the first eight live-action Hellraiser films.
- In a tweet, Steph Sciullo (Doug Bradley's wife) confirmed that the voice-lines were recorded at a professional studio in Pittsburgh and digitally altered to mimic the pitch and ethereal sound of Pinhead's voice in Hellraiser.
- When starting to teleport to a Survivor solving the Lament Configuration:
"The Box, you opened it!"
"You summoned me!"
- When completing to teleport to a Survivor solving the Lament Configuration:
- When hitting a Survivor carrying the Lament Configuration:
"Oh no! Don't do that!"
- When picking up a Survivor:
"What a waste of good suffering!"
"Now you must come with me!"
"You shall not escape me!"
- When hooking a Survivor:
"I must be going now!"
"Oh please! No tears, they are a waste of good suffering!"
"I'll tear your soul apart!"
- While performing his Memento Mori:
"I have such sights to show you!"
- When getting stunned with a Pallet:
"Oh no! Don't do that!!"
- When chaining a Survivor in the Exit Gate area:
"You shall not escape me!"