|Elliot Spencer (formerly) / Pinhead (now)|
|"Lead Cenobite" / "Hell Priest"|
|Summons of Pain|
|Hook & Chain|
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|CHAPTER XXI: Hellraiser|
|Undisclosed Voice Actor|
Terror Radius Music
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XXI: Hellraiser, a Chapter DLC released on 7 September 2021.
He originates from the 1987 Horror Movie franchise, Hellraiser.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Cenobite's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Trivia
The Cenobite is a summoning Killer, able to possess Chain Projectiles and use the Lament Configuration to torture every Survivor at once.
Difficulty rating: Hard
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
A demon to some, an angel to others. Pinhead is an explorer in the further regions of experience, indulging in the limitless thrill of pleasure and pain. When the puzzle box known as the Lament Configuration — a key to another dimension — was found in The Entity's Realm, it was only a matter of time before it fell into curious hands. Once opened, he arrived. What came next was sweet suffering that spilled over the Realm.
The Cenobite's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Cenobite's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Deadlock - Level 30
- Hex: Plaything - Level 35
- Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Cenobite's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
You induce mental suffering by crushing any hope of escape.
"Nobody escapes us." — Pinhead
A Hex that toys with a victim's suffering.
If there is at least one Dull Totem remaining in the Trial Grounds, Hex: Plaything activates on a random Totem each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time:
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
"We came. Now you must come with us. Taste our pleasure." — Pinhead
|Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain||
You are the bringer of sweet pain.
At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks:
"We'll tear your soul apart." — Pinhead
Weapon: Hook & Chain
The cruel Hook & Chain he wields with thrill.
Power: Summons of Pain
|An extradimensional gateway that leads to pleasure and pain so great it will tear your soul apart.|
SUMMONS OF PAIN
Press the Power button to create a gateway and release the button to open it.
Once opened, tap the Ability button to summon forth a possessed Chain under your control.
Direct the Chain into a Survivor to bind them.
A Survivor bound to a Chain is unable to sprint, suffers from the Incapacitated Status Effect, and cannot leave through the Exit Gate .
Their Movement speed will decrease further as they are hit with a second and a third Chain.
Survivors can perform the Break Free action to escape.
If The Cenobite walks through Chains, they will break immediately.
Any solid object (including Characters) between the Gateway and the chained Survivor will immediately break the Chain.
If left alone, the Lament Configuration eventually initiates a Chain Hunt by summoning Chains to pursue Survivors.
The Chain Hunt ends when a Survivor picks up the Lament Configuration.
Survivors can see the Aura of the Lament Configuration, which is either white (idle) or yellow (Chain Hunt)
A Survivor carrying the Lament Configuration suffers from the Oblivious Status Effect and Chains will occasionally be summoned to attack them.
The Survivor must solve the Lament Configuration to remove it from their possession.
While doing this, The Cenobite will see their location and be able to teleport to it.
When The Cenobite picks up the Lament Configuration, a Chain Hunt is activated.
Additionally, all Survivors are instantly bound by Chains, causing them to scream and reveal their locations.
The Lament Configuration will spawn in a new location after The Cenobite or a Survivor has used it.
|Lament Configuration Tune|
|Lament Configuration Spawn Indication|
|Survivor Escaped with Lament Configuration|
- The Gateway works the same as The Nurse's Blink indicator when using Plaid Flannel
- Minimum Placement distance: 1.5 metres
- Maximum Placement distance: 16 metres
- Placement speed: 8 m/s
- This refers to the speed at which the Gateway is moving away from The Cenobite during the Placement phase.
- Placement Cancellation cool-down time: 1.5 seconds
- Camera Pan time: 0.5 seconds
- Field of View Change time: 0.75 seconds
- Possession Cancellation cool-down time: 3 seconds
- Killer Repossession Fade-in time: 0.25 seconds
- Maximum Possession duration: 6 seconds
- After this time elapses, control will revert back to The Cenobite.
Gateway Pitch Angles:
- Maximum/Minimum Pitch Angle: ±45 °
- This refers to how high/low The Cenobite can look while possessing the Gateway from an imagined horizon.
Lament Configuration (Chain Hunt):
- Chain Hunt Charge time: 90 seconds
- After spawning the Lament Configuration.
- Minimum Chain Hunt Attack delay: 9 seconds
- Maximum Chain Hunt Attack delay: 12 seconds
- Chain Targeting Cool-down: 4 seconds
- This applies to the Survivor holding the Lament Configuration-
- Number of Chains targeting Survivors after Killer pick-up: 3 Chains
- Loud Noise Notification duration: 3 seconds
- Escape Grasp charge time: 2 seconds
Lament Configuration (Respawn):
- Respawn after Killer pick-up: 10 seconds
- Respawn after solving: 45 seconds
- Respawn after Survivor escaped grasp: 45 seconds
- Respawn after Survivor escaped grasp through Killer attack: 30 seconds
Lament Configuration (Solving):
- Interaction time: 6 seconds
- Interaction cool-down: 1 second
- Skill Check:
- Penalty time: 1 second
- Duration: 1.1 seconds
- Trigger chance: 100 %
- Good Success Zone length: 15 %
- Good Success bonus: 0 %
- Great Success Zone length: 2.5 %
- Great Success bonus: 2 %
- Charge time: 3.25 seconds
- Slow-down duration post-teleport: 1.25 seconds
- Minimum Teleportation distance: to within 10 metres of the Survivor
- Maximum Teleportation distance: to within 12 metres of the Survivor
- Exit Blocker Linger time: 5 seconds
- This refers to how long after freeing themselves from the Chains, Survivors will remain unable to leave through the Exit Gates-
- Removal duration for Survivors: 1 second per Chain
- Maximum number of attached Chains: 3 Chains
- Maximum Length before breaking off: 18 metres
- Post-Unhook Immunity duration: 3 seconds
- This is so Survivors are not immediately targeted by Chains after being unhooked.
- While chained; Survivors are unable to run and each additional Chain further reduces their Movement speed:
- 1 Chain: 2.26 m/s
- 2 Chains: 1.695 m/s
- 3 Chains: 1.13 m/s
Chain Projectiles (General):
- Field of View Change time: 0.75 seconds
- Shot Cool-down time: 5 seconds
- Reel-Back speed: 20 m/s
Chain Projectiles (Controlled):
- Initial Projectile speed: 10 m/s
- Maximum Yaw Turn rate: 125 ° per Server Tick
- Maximum Pitch Turn Rate: 100 ° per Server Tick
- Maximum Travel distance: 24 metres
- Roll Angle speed: 3.5 °
- Roll Angle Reset speed: 10 °
- Maximum Roll Angle: 25 °
- Bonus Chains on Hit: +2 Chains
- Additional Chains that will instantly grab the Survivor hit by a controlled Chain.
Chain Projectiles (Uncontrolled):
- Launch delay: 1.5 seconds
- This refers to how long the Game waits before launching an uncontrolled Chain after its spawn location is revealed.
- Spawn buffer: 3 seconds
- This refers to how long the Game waits before launching another uncontrolled Chain.
- Minimum Spawn distance to Survivor: 2.5 metres
- Maximum Spawn distance to Survivor: 6 metres
- Projectile Speed: 10 m/s
- Maximum Travel distance: 16 metres
- Reel-Back Speed: 20 m/s
- Only applies to Chains that did not hit a Survivor.
- Maximum length until Break-off: 18 metres.
Add-ons for Summons of Pain
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Leather Strip||Leather strips torn from a Cenobite's uniform, allowing for the mutilation of exposed flesh.
|Lively Crickets||Insects which scarcely avoided being eaten by a mysterious drifter.
|Burning Candle||A candle lit by Frank Cotton during a fatal summoning ceremony.
|Bent Nail||A simple nail that cut deep into Larry Cotton's hand.|
Though the damage was superficial, it set into motion a horrifying set of events.
|Wriggling Maggots||Larvae that poured from the mouth of a corpse hidden in the Cotton household.
|Spoiled Meal||A pile of mould, feasted on by a cockroach.|
Perhaps a sign of Frank Cotton's mysterious disappearance...
|Skewered Rat||A crude solution for the Cotton home's rat problem.
|Liquified Gore||The result of summoning the Cenobites.|
There is no telling what part of the human body this belonged to.
|Flickering Television||A television that acted strangely upon the arrival of the Cenobites.
|Torture Pillar||A dangling slab covered in the gore of past victims.
|Slice of Frank||A slab of Frank's face after his torture at the hand of the Cenobites.
|Larry's Remains||The skeletal remains of Larry Cotton, covered in a thick, sticky layer of blood.
|Larry's Blood||The blood of Larry Cotton, which partially resurrected his brother Frank.
|Frank's Heart||The beating heart of Frank, given life from his brother's blood.
|Original Pain||The first pin pushed into Pinhead's skull.|
Such pleasure and pain.
|Impaling Wire||A wire that pierces the cheeks of a Cenobite, while revealing the gaping wound on her neck.
|Greasy Black Lens||A lens from the sunglasses of an obese Cenobite whose fleshy rolls droop down his face and neck.
|Chatterer's Tooth||A fragment from a Cenobite whose mouth chatters endlessly.|
This tooth, having broken from his jaw, is finally silent.
|Iridescent Lament Configuration||A glass-like puzzle box moulded from The Fog itself.|
This replica differs from the original, providing altogether new powers.
"You opened it. We came." — Pinhead
|Engineer's Fang||A sharp tooth from the maw of a fleshy, scorpion-like creature, known to accompany Cenobites on their grim undertakings.
"We have such sights to show you." — Pinhead
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Cenobite.
|Adept Cenobite||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Cenobite using only his Unique Perks: Deadlock , Hex: Plaything & Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain .|
|Tear Their Soul Apart||With The Cenobite , bind Survivors with Possessed Chains 50 times.|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Cenobite reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Cenobite's attire includes:
- Linked Cosmetics : click on the icon in the table below to see the individual parts of a Cosmetic Set and their descriptions.
|The Hell Priest||Very Rare||Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others.||Garment of Torment
Grappling Hook & Chain
|Chatterer||Legendary||An avid servant of Pinhead, dedicated to exploring the limits of human sensations.||One-piece Outfit||Hellraiser||
|Garment of Torment||Very Rare||Garment displaying intricate forms of body scarification to experiment with the limits of human sensations.||The Hell Priest||Hellraiser||
|Grappling Hook & Chain||Very Rare||The perverse hook & chain he wields with cruelty and satisfaction.||The Hell Priest||Hellraiser||
Alternate Character Models
The Cenobite has 1 alternate Character model available in the in-game Store:
- The Chatterer
- Main Article: Downloadable Content
The Cenobite is currently part of 1 DLC:
- With the release of Chapter 21, all of The Cenobite voice lines have been removed from the game.
- Official stance on their removal is - "The Cenobite's voice over lines have been removed due to complications with the audio files."
- The Chatterer, however, has audio lines of his teeth clicks.
- His animations and gestures are nods to his stature in the Hellraiser movies as he held himself with a graceful attitude.
- He is the second Killer to interact with Breakables through telekinetic powers.
- Pinhead's "The box" quotes are straight recreations of his introducing quote from the 1987 Film. "The box. You opened it, we came"
- The Cenobite was the fourth Killer in the Game to speak:
- When teleporting to a Survivor solving the Lament Configuration, he said either of four lines:
- "You opened the Box, I came!" (twice in different tones of voice and emphasis)
- "The Box, you opened it! I came!"
- "The Box, you opened it! And I came!"
- Performing his Memento Mori, he utters the following line:
- "I shall tear your soul apart!"
- All of these are slightly altered versions of voice lines from the first Hellraiser movie.
- He was the second Killer to speak English.
- When teleporting to a Survivor solving the Lament Configuration, he said either of four lines:
+ CHAPTER I
|Dwight Fairfield||Meg Thomas||Claudette Morel||Jake Park||Nea Karlsson|
|CHAPTERS II - V
+ PARAGRAPH I
|Laurie Strode||Ace Visconti||Bill Overbeck||Feng Min||David King|
|CHAPTERS VI - X||Quentin Smith||David Tapp||Kate Denson||Adam Francis||Jeff Johansen|
|CHAPTERS XI - XIV
+ PARAGRAPH III
|Jane Romero||Ash Williams||Nancy Wheeler||Steve Harrington||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV - XIX||Zarina Kassir||Cheryl Mason||Felix Richter||Élodie Rakoto||Yun-Jin Lee|
|CHAPTER XX||Jill Valentine||Leon Scott Kennedy|
+ CHAPTERS I - II
|Evan MacMillan - The Trapper||Philip Ojomo - The Wraith||Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly||Sally Smithson - The Nurse||Michael Myers - The Shape|
|CHAPTERS III - VI
+ PARAGRAPH II
|Lisa Sherwood - The Hag||Herman Carter - The Doctor||Anna - The Huntress||Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal||Freddy Krueger - The Nightmare|
|CHAPTERS VII - XI||Amanda Young - The Pig||Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown||Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit||Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey - The Legion||Adiris - The Plague|
|CHAPTERS XII - XV||Danny Johnson - The Ghost Face||The Demogorgon||Kazan Yamaoka - The Oni||Caleb Quinn - The Deathslinger||Pyramid Head - The Executioner|
|CHAPTERS XVI - XXI||Talbot Grimes - The Blight||Victor & Charlotte Deshayes - The Twins||Ji-Woon Hak - The Trickster||Nemesis T-Type - The Nemesis||Elliot Spencer - The Cenobite|
|The Chatterer||Chris Redfield||Claire Redfield||Cybil Bennett||Jonathan Byers||Lisa Garland|
|The Look-See||The Mordeo|
|ULTRA RARE CHARACTERS|
|The Ferryman||The Krampus||The Minotaur|
|Alessa Gillespie||The Birch|
|Alex||Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|