In order to keep the Dead by Daylight Wiki free of spam and unnecessary items, there are a few rules we ask you to abide by when editing and creating pages:
§1 Dead by Daylight's EULA
- Anything that is against the Dead by Daylight End User License Agreement and/or brand guidelines is not allowed on the Wiki.
§2 Editing Conduct
- Vandalism, Spam, Advertising and disruptive editing are not allowed.
- Avoid posting off-topic content.
- Avoid misleading readers and other editors by making sure your contributions to articles are verifiable. Do not add parody content, or hoaxes to articles.
- Do not link or embed external videos in articles, unless there is no other way to demonstrate the phenomenon, or the video is official.
- Defamatory or false content is not tolerated on this Wiki.
- A user can be blocked if they commit any of the following offenses and do not comply after being asked to by a Wiki Administrator:
- Vandalism, Spamming
- Harassment, Disrespect
- Abusing alternate accounts
- Violations of any of the policies described hereon
- Blocks may be appealed if their duration doesn't exceed two months. This can be done in a few ways:
- On their talk page if it is unlocked
- By contacting an Administrator
- On the Wiki's Discord Server
§4 Communication Standards
- Be respectful to everyone.
- Harassment, insults and personal attacks are not tolerated. Keep discussion as civil as possible.
- Defamation can result in a block without warning.
§5 Speculative Content
- Avoid posting speculative content on the Wiki. This includes leaked content.
- The Wiki Administrators reserve the right to delete any content not confirmed by BHVR from the Wiki.
§6 Article and File Deletions
- We are not a file-hosting service. If an image is uploaded and not integrated into a useful article soon after, we reserve the right to delete it without notice.
- Articles that do not meet the standards described here may also be deleted.
§7 Edit Warring
- A contributor must not perform more than three reversions, in whole or in part, to a single Dead by Daylight Wiki article within a 24 hour period.
- This does not imply that reverting three times or fewer is acceptable.
- For the purpose of counting reverts, these are excluded:
- reverting your own changes
- fixing simple vandalism
- removing posts by a banned user
- reverting edits clearly not adding anything to the article
- reverting edits to your user pages
- Using alternate accounts to bypass this rule is also a violation of policy.
- In case users progressively revert changes from one another more than three times, the affected article will be locked until a consensus is reached.
- The consequences of breaking this rule are decided on a case-by-case basis, but can result in a block if the Wiki Administrators deem it necessary.
§8 External Links
- Links to other Wikis and to external websites not related to Dead by Daylight or BHVR are generally not allowed. Exceptions to this rule are possible and decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Vandalism includes:
- Removing valid content without explanation or an explanation that makes no sense.
- Posting items strictly forbidden by these rules.
- Adding any kind offensive words, terms, or phrases to articles.
- Adding gibberish/nonsense to articles.
§10 Copyrighted Material
- Uploading copyrighted material which is in blatant violation of fair use is not permitted.
- If you believe there is legitimate need to use a piece of copyrighted content as a fair use file, mark it as such. Please note that the uploader of copyrighted content automatically takes legal responsibility for it.
- Wiki Material containing the Copyright:Wiki Template was made specifically to be used on this Wiki and people seeking to use it for other purposes must have explicit permission from the respective authors.
§11 Username Policy
- Offensive, misleading, or otherwise unacceptable usernames are not allowed and will be blocked indefinitely until the username is changed.
- For that matter, the user should appeal on their talk page after they have changed their username.
§12 Alternate Accounts
- Maintaining more than one account is generally discouraged.
- Abusing alternate accounts will not be tolerated.
§13 New Policy Suggestions
- New policies may be suggested by users by adding them to the talk page of this article.
- Once a valid policy has been suggested, the Wiki Administrators will vote on it.
Please note: Take a look at this style guide for more detailed guidelines on how articles should be formatted.
Thank you for following these rules.