Dead Dawg Saloon
|"Dead Dawg Saloon"|
|Grave of Glenvale|
Area in square Tiles
Area in m2
Minimum # of Hooks
Maximum # of Hooks
Probablity weightCoefficient representing a probability the map will be selected for trial
Dead Dawg Saloon or "Saloon" is the only Map in the Grave of Glenvale Realm.
An early settlement on the unforgiving frontier, the outpost of Glenvale was snuffed out in a ruthless, bloody gang war. Responding to the abduction of five brothers-in-arms, the Hellshire Gang stormed in with six shooters and dynamite. What began as a standoff with the Mason Kelly Gang quickly broke down into a chaotic war zone. Guns fired indiscriminately in a desperate bid for self-preservation, cutting through gang members and civilians alike.
When the dust settled, the dead outnumbered the living. The hostages were discovered to have been long killed, their bodies disemboweled, guts strewn across town. In a silent rage, the few surviving Hellshire members rounded up their injured enemies and finished them in the same gruesome manner. By nightfall, only the crows remained, feasting gluttonously upon their victory.
The Saloon is the main landmark on the Dead Dawg Saloon Map.
- The Saloon contains a Generator on its upper porch.
- The Saloon potentially contains a Chest .
- The Saloon potentially contains a Totem .
The Saloon is a large two-story building potentially containing a staircase leading to the Basement .
It has plenty of Windows on both of its floors.
It resembles Saloons found in Wild West towns.
The Gallows is a secondary landmark on the Dead Dawg Saloon Map.
- The Gallows contain a Generator next to the hanged man.
- Upon completion of the generator, several trapdoors open and drop the survivors.
- The Gallows potentially contain a Chest .
- The Gallows potentially contain a Totem .
The Gallows are a small landmark positioned near the Saloon, the Killer Shack and the town entrance.
It has several Lockers below the main floor.
- Main article: Achievements
|Old West Oasis||Repair the Generator in the Saloon on Dead Dawg Saloon and live to tell the tale.|
- In the Game files Dead Dawg Saloon is being referred to under the name Saloon.
- Dead Dawg Saloon was the first Map to feature a different design of outskirt walls.
- Dead Dawg Saloon is one of few Maps where stars can be seen in the sky.
- Dead Dawg Saloon was the first Map to feature Breakable Walls
- Dead Dawg Saloon was the first (and to date only) Map to have its time set at dusk rather than night.
- Furthermore, the sunset can be observed on the Map.
- Dead Dawg Saloon was the second Map to have different iterations of Exit Gates .
- Both Exit Gates on the Map have chimneys on them. Black smoke starts coming out of them once the Exit Gates are powered.
- Dead Dawg Saloon was the first Map to feature a special iteration of the Killer Shack.
- The Map contains a part of the town that is the namesake of its related Realm: Glenvale.
- Dead Dawg Saloon was the first (and to date only) Map to visibly feature landscapes beyond its outskirts, namely canyons and mountains.
- There is a vulture flying around the Map.
- The Chains of Hate Behind The Scenes Video reveals that Dead Dawg Saloon is Dead by Daylight's version of Monument Valley, a tourist attraction in Arizona.
- There are multiple tumbleweeds rolling across the Map.
- Much like most Wild West houses, three buildings contain signs on their walls indicating their functions:
- The Saloon, containing the inscription Dead Dawg Saloon.
- A one-story house, containing the inscription U.S Marshal.
- A two-story house, containing the inscription Moore & Harbeck Livery.
- There is a sign at the entrance of the Saloon with the following inscription: Check your weapons at the door.
- During its early stage of development, the Dead Dawg Saloon Map was shown to be much darker and feature the Moon - like all other Maps - instead of the sunset.
- Likewise, the landscapes beyond the Map's outskirts were not present at that stage. Cacti and dried out trees were featured instead.