|"What keeps this eternal fire burning? I seldom question it anymore as I yearn for its warmth. I get a few moments of peace every time I visit it. At the same time, I hate it, as I never want to see it again. I tried burning my hand in it one time, but felt nothing. But how come it is still warm?"|
|~ Benedict Baker|
The Campfire is one of 6 known sub-realms to the Entity's Realm in which Dead by Daylight takes place.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Campfire is a limbo within the Entity's Realms to which all Survivors return upon escaping the Trial. It is also where revived Survivors return to after having died or having been sacrificed.
All Survivors sit around Campfire, awaiting their next Trial. Whenever a new Trial is about to start, The Entity procures a Killer from another Realm pocket and teleports them to a location at the edge of the clearing with Campfire.
The Killer remains outside Campfire's light, stalking the Survivors from a distance, waiting on The Entity to choose its next four victims before they are all teleported to a Trial Ground (this process is observed in the Main Menu).
Offerings[edit | edit source]
Campfire is where both roles burn their respective Offerings , with their burning fumes influencing The Entity to change certain aspects of the next Trial.
Change Log (incomplete)[edit | edit source]
- Updated the campfire model and its visual effects.
- Updated the sub-realm, including the menu screens and the in-game Store .
- Changed the prominent colour palette of the skybox to a midnight blue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Campfire acts as the Main Menu map.
- The Perk Botany Knowledge implies that Campfire is surrounded by varied flora.
- This is further emphasised by the fact that all of the original Bonus Bloodpoints Offerings (Sachets, Wreaths, and flower petals) are plants.
Other Sub-Realms[edit | edit source]
|The Campfire||The Dream World||The Ethereal Plane||The Spirit World||The Upside Down||The Void|