Cages of Atonement
Overview[edit | edit source]
Cages of Atonement are the manifestation of The Executioner's special ability: downed Survivors suffering from Torment after coming into contact with a Torment Trail left by Rites of Judgement can be sent to a Cage of Atonement as an alternative to a regular Hook .
Mechanic[edit | edit source]
Cages of Atonement work differently to Hooks: while they do progress the Sacrifice process and trigger the associated Hook Score Events, they are not considered Hooks by other Game Mechanics, causing any Perks requiring Hook-interaction to trigger their effects to ignore the interaction with a Cage of Atonement.
The Memento Mori Offerings do acknowledge the interaction with a Cage of Atonement, since those Offerings require a Survivor's Sacrifice progress to have progressed two Hook Stages in order to be able to kill them.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
A Cage of Atonement will generally spawn far away from The Executioner. Should The Executioner walk into close proximity of the Cage of Atonement and remains there for a short amount of time, it and the trapped Survivor will relocate to a different location on the Map.
This behaviour was chosen to prevent The Executioner from excessively camping trapped Survivors, due to the already inherent advantage of Cages of Atonement not triggering Hook-interaction Perks that could counter-act that.
Change Log[edit | edit source]
- Change: the Executioner can no longer see the Aura of Cages of Atonement.
- Change: added a Relocation mechanic to Cages of Atonement, which relocates the Cage of Atonement when The Executioner remains too close to it for several seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like Alarm Clocks and Pools of Devotion , interacting with Cages of Atonement is not affected by any Unlockables.
- Cages of Atonement have a set of 6 randomly chosen locations, but predetermined at the start of a Trial, they may spawn at once a Survivor is sent to one by The Executioner.
- The Auras of Cages of Atonement are not affected by the Blindness Status Effect.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Alarm Clocks||Bear Traps||Breakable Walls||Cages of Atonement|
|Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates|
|Lockers||Moonlight||Pallets||Pools of Devotion|