|Release Date||15 June 2021 (Tuesday)|
It was released on 15 June 2021.
This DLC features:
- A new Killer (The Nemesis)
- Two new Survivors (Leon Scott Kennedy and Jill Valentine)
- A new Map (Raccoon City Police Station)
- An exclusive Umbrella Corporation Charm
- 1 Description
- 2 Killer: The Nemesis
- 3 Survivor: Jill Valentine
- 4 Survivor: Leon Scott Kennedy
- 5 Customisation
- 6 Easter Eggs
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Trailers
Resident Evil is a new Chapter for Dead by Daylight. It includes a Killer, Nemesis; two Survivors, Leon S. Kennedy and Jill Valentine; and a new map: the Raccoon City Police Station. Purchasing the add-on unlocks the new Killer, both Survivors, and an exclusive universal Charm.
Killer: The Nemesis
- Main Article: The Nemesis
Take control of Umbrella’s bloodthirsty bio-organic weapon and hunt your targets without mercy.
Killer Power - Nemesis: T-Virus
|A virus that causes extreme mutations and can be transferred to others.
Its effects heighten aggression and strength within The Nemesis.
Your Power expands as your Mutation Rate grows.
SPECIAL ATTACK: Tentacle Strike
Press and hold the Power button to charge an attack.
Once charged, tap the Attack button to unleash a Tentacle Strike.
Hitting a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike afflicts them with Contamination and increases your Mutation Rate.
If a Survivor is already Contaminated, a Tentacle Strike will damage them. It also will increase your Mutation Rate by the same amount as hitting a zombie.
Survivors who become Contaminated suffer briefly from the Hindered Status Effect.
Survivors can cure Contamination by using a Vaccine on themselves or other Survivors.
Vaccines can be found in Supply Cases located throughout the environment, but their number is limited to 4 Supply Cases.
After using a Vaccine, the Survivor's location is briefly revealed by Killer Instinct.
Mutation Rate 1:
- No special benefits.
Mutation Rate 2:
Mutation Rate 3:
- Tentacle Strike range.
- Movement speed while charging Tentacle Strike.
SPECIAL ENEMY: Zombies
T-Virus causes 2 Zombies to spawn and roam about the Trial Grounds.
When a Zombie attacks a Survivor, they inflict Contamination.
If a Survivor is already Contaminated, they receive damage.
Zombies can be destroyed with a Tentacle Strike to increase The Nemesis' Mutation Rate, doing so with a Basic Attack will not do so.
Survivors have limited options to interact with Zombies:
- Blinding them to lose line-of-sight using Flashlights or Firecrackers .
- Destroying them to force a respawn using Pallets .
Zombies destroyed by The Nemesis respawn after 12 seconds.
Zombies destroyed by Survivors respawn after 45 seconds.
|Lethal Pursuer||You have been designed to track down and eliminate targets.|
At the start of the Trial, the Auras of all Survivors are revealed to you for 7/8/9 seconds.
"...it knows what it wants and won't stop till it gets it." — Carlos Oliveira
|Hysteria||You know how to brutalise one member of a team to cause a panic.|
Whenever you put a healthy Survivor into the Injured State , all injured Survivors suffer from the Oblivious Status Effect for 20/25/30 seconds.
Hysteria has a cool-down of 30 seconds.
"Sorry I got a little jumpy there. Didn't know quite what to expect." — Robert Kendo
|Eruption||The NE-α parasite provides you with the intelligence and awareness needed to set a trap.|
After kicking a Generator , its Aura is highlighted in yellow.
Eruption has a cool-down of 30 seconds.
Survivor: Jill Valentine
- Main Article: Jill Valentine
Jill Valentine's Info
Jill is a brilliant S.T.A.R.S. agent, one of the only surviving members of her unit, and a hard target for even the most unrelenting adversary.
|Counterforce||You know how to withstand an enemy stronger than you, and it starts with hunting down and knocking out their support.|
You cleanse Totems 20 % faster.
"I don't mind a little detective work." — Jill Valentine
|Resurgence||You have come back from near impossible odds... and you will do it again.|
After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, instantly gain 40/45/50 % to your Healing progress.
"It's my turn, bitch!" — Jill Valentine
|Blast Mine||When direct combat is not an option, you still find ways to strike back.|
After repairing Generators for a total of 66 %, Blast Mine activates:
Blast Mine deactivates after triggering successfully.
Survivor: Leon Scott Kennedy
- Main Article: Leon Scott Kennedy
Leon S. Kennedy's Info
Unflinching in his mission to expose Umbrella, Leon has proven himself a true survivor since his first day with the RPD.
|Bite the Bullet||Pain hurts you as much as anyone, but you would prefer others do not know that.|
When healing yourself or another Survivor , Grunts of Pain and all noises related to the Healing action are suppressed:
"I can do this." — Leon Scott Kennedy
|Flashbang||You have adapted to a world in chaos and making what you can from the debris.|
After repairing Generators for a total of 70/60/50 %, Flashbang activates:
The Flashbang is left behind when escaping the Trial.
|Rookie Spirit||You keep a careful eye on objectives when they are slipping away.|
While repairing Generators , complete 5/4/3 Good or Great Skill Checks to activate Rookie Spirit for the remainder of the Trial:
"I'll stop this, lieutenant. I promise." — Leon Scott Kennedy
In an homage to the Resident Evil games, for the duration of CHAPTER XX's release, a voice spoke the name "Dead by Daylight" when proceeding from the Dead by Daylight Logo screen during start-up.
Resident Evil Village
Meg Thomas has an indirect cameo in the 2021 Resident Evil Village game, which released shortly before CHAPTER XX: Resident Evil.
- The background scream heard in the 2017 Dead by Daylight Trailer before Jake and Claudette approach the Generator, which is attributed to Meg, can be heard when entering Castle Dimitrescu in Resident Evil Village.
- This Chapter was first teased unusually early, about two months before its intended release.
The trailer released approximately forty minutes before the associated Public Test Build on 25 May 2021.
- This Chapter was the second Chapter to feature two Survivors instead of just one.
- Capcom provided Behaviour with assets directly from the remade Resident Evil 2 and remade Resident Evil 3 for the this Chapter.
- This Chapter's voice actors and actresses were contracted from "The Monster Factory", an organisation that promotes metal vocalists as voice actors and actresses in the video game and film industries.
- Leon Scott Kennedy was voiced by Riley McShane
- Jill Valentine was voiced by Chaney Crabb
- Chris Redfield was voiced by Gerard Vachon
- Claire Redfield was voiced by Danielle Evans
- The Nemesis was voiced by Sébastien Croteau
- The female Zombie was voiced by Roxana BL
- The male Zombie was voiced by David AB