|Release Date||15 June 2021 (Tuesday)|
It was released on 15 June 2021.
This DLC features:
- A new Killer (The Nemesis)
- Two new Survivors (Leon Scott Kennedy and Jill Valentine)
- A new Map (Raccoon City Police Station)
- An exclusive Umbrella Corporation Charm
Resident Evil is a new Chapter for Dead by Daylight. It includes a Killer, Nemesis; two Survivors, Leon S. Kennedy and Jill Valentine; and a new map: the Raccoon City Police Station. Purchasing the add-on unlocks the new Killer, both Survivors, and an exclusive universal Charm.
Killer: The Nemesis
- Main Article: Nemesis T-Type
Take control of Umbrella’s bloodthirsty bio-organic weapon and hunt your targets without mercy.
Killer Power - Nemesis: T-Virus
|A virus that causes extreme mutations and can be transferred to others.
Its effects heighten aggression and strength within The Nemesis.
Your Power expands as your Mutation Rate grows.
Filling the Power gauge with Contamination points from attacking Survivors or Zombies with his Power increases The Nemesis' Mutation Rate:
MUTATION RATE 1:
- No special benefits.
MUTATION RATE 2:
MUTATION RATE 3:
- Increases the reach of the Tentacle Strike from 5 metres to 6 metres.
- Increases the Movement speed of The Nemesis while charging a Tentacle Strike from 3.8 m/s to 4.0 m/s.
SPECIAL ATTACK: TENTACLE STRIKE
Press and hold the Power button to charge an attack, then tap the Attack button to unleash a Tentacle Strike.
- Hitting a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike afflicts them with Contamination and adds +3 Contamination points to the Power gauge.
- Hitting a Survivor already afflicted with Contamination with a Tentacle Strike will damage them, but add just +1 Contamination point to the Power gauge.
- Hitting a Survivor with a Tentacle Strike, regardless of their Contamination status, suffer very briefly from the Hindered Status Effect.
SPECIAL AFFLICTION: CONTAMINATION:
Survivors afflicted with Contamination are susceptible to damage from both The Nemesis' Tentacle Strike, as well as attacks from his Zombies. Contaminated Survivors will also occasionally cough.
Survivors can cure Contamination by using a Vaccine either on themselves or on other Survivors.
A limited number of Vaccines can be found in 4 Supply Cases , that are placed throughout the Trial Grounds.
Using the Vaccine briefly reveals the Survivor's location through Killer Instinct.
SPECIAL ENEMY: ZOMBIES
T-Virus causes 2 Zombies to spawn in and roam about the Trial Grounds.
The Zombies can attack Survivors when they come too close, but abide by the same conditions as a Tentacle Strike.
The Nemesis can wilfully destroy a Zombie to add +1 Contamination point to his Power gauge.
Destroying them using a Basic Attack yields no such reward.
This can be used to manually cause the Zombies to respawn in a different location in the Trial Grounds.
Survivors have limited options to interact with Zombies:
- Blinding them to lose line-of-sight using Flashlights , Firecrackers , or Flash Grenades .
- Destroying them to force a respawn using Pallets or Head On .
The Zombies respawn after 12 seconds if they were destroyed by The Nemesis and after 45 seconds if they were destroyed by Survivors.
You have been designed to track down and eliminate targets.
Lethal Pursuer benefits from its own effect.
"...it knows what it wants and won't stop till it gets it." — Carlos Oliveira
You know how to brutalise one member of a team to cause a panic.
"Sorry I got a little jumpy there. Didn't know quite what to expect." — Robert Kendo
The NE-α parasite provides you with the intelligence and awareness needed to set a trap.
Eruption has a cool-down of 30 seconds.
"It can use weapons?" — Jill Valentine
Survivor: Jill Valentine
- Main Article: Jill Valentine
Jill Valentine's Info
Jill is a brilliant S.T.A.R.S. agent, one of the only surviving members of her unit, and a hard target for even the most unrelenting adversary.
You know how to withstand an enemy stronger than you, and it starts with hunting down and knocking out their support.
You cleanse Totems 20 % faster.
You have come back from near impossible odds... and you will do it again.
After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, instantly gain 40/45/50 % to your Healing progress.
When direct combat is not an option, you still find ways to strike back.
After repairing Generators for a total of 66 %, Blast Mine activates:
Blast Mine deactivates after triggering successfully.
Survivor: Leon Scott Kennedy
- Main Article: Leon Scott Kennedy
Leon S. Kennedy's Info
Unflinching in his mission to expose Umbrella, Leon has proven himself a true survivor since his first day with the RPD.
|Bite the Bullet|
Pain hurts you as much as anyone, but you would prefer others do not know that.
When healing yourself or another Survivor, Grunts of Pain and all noises related to the Healing action are suppressed:
You have adapted to a world in chaos and making what you can from the debris.
After repairing Generators for a total of 70/60/50 %, Flashbang activates:
"Get outta my face!" — Leon Scott Kennedy
You keep a careful eye on objectives when they are slipping away.
In an homage to the Resident Evil games, for the duration of CHAPTER 20's release, a voice spoke the name "Dead by Daylight" when proceeding from the Dead by Daylight Logo screen during start-up.
When killing Jill Valentine , Chris Redfield, or Rebecca Chambers with his own hands or pulling them out of locker, The Nemesis will speak his infamous "S.T.A.R.S." voice line from the Resident Evil games.
Resident Evil Village
Meg Thomas has an indirect cameo in the 2021 Resident Evil Village game, which released shortly before CHAPTER XX: Resident Evil.
- The background scream heard in the 2017 Dead by Daylight Trailer before Jake and Claudette approach the Generator, which is attributed to Meg, can be heard when entering Castle Dimitrescu in Resident Evil Village.
- This Chapter was first teased unusually early, nearly three months before its intended release.
The trailer released approximately forty minutes before the associated Public Test Build on 25 May 2021.
- CHAPTER 20: Resident Evil™ was the first Chapter to not be teased by the Developers themselves, rather it was teased during a promotional live-stream by Resident Evil developer Capcom, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the franchise, as well as the release of Resident Evil Village.
- This Chapter was the second Chapter to feature two Survivors instead of just one.
- Capcom provided Behaviour with assets directly from the remade Resident Evil 2 and remade Resident Evil 3 for the development of this Chapter.
- This Chapter's voice actors and actresses were contracted from "The Monster Factory", an organisation that promotes metal vocalists as voice actors and actresses in the video game and film industries.
- The collaboration was so successful that the company was continuously enlisted to provide the voice-lines for subsequent Chapters.
- With CHAPTER 25: Resident Evil™: PROJECT W coming as a second Resident Evil Chapter to Dead by Daylight, it makes CHAPTER 20: Resident Evil™ the first licensed Chapter to receive a sequel.
- For a few weeks after its initial release, starting the game, would have a deep voice say "Dead by Daylight" at the title screen, which is an homage to Resident Evil games doing the same.
This was reinstated with the release of CHAPTER 25: Resident Evil™: PROJECT W.
- With the release of CHAPTER 25: Resident Evil™: PROJECT W introducing voice-lines for its Survivors alongside the Killer, the Developers revisited the Survivors introduced with CHAPTER 20: Resident Evil™, including the Legendary Characters, and gave them voice-lines too.