Bloodlust is a mechanic that was introduced with Patch 1.5.0.
It increases the Killer's movement speed during a prolonged chase in order to shorten the overall chase time.
Bloodlust, like Perks, has three Tiers:
|Tier||Chase time||Speed Bonus in m/s|
Gaining Bloodlust[edit | edit source]
Bloodlust is being built-up whenever a Killer chases a Survivor for a certain amount of time without interrupting the Chase.
Losing Line of Sight of a Survivor or if they are gaining enough distance from the Killer will result in a swift decrease of Bloodlust.
A Chase is initiated whenever a Survivor starts sprinting within 12 metres of the Killer and has direct Line of Sight.
Losing Bloodlust[edit | edit source]
You lose all Bloodlust when performing the following interactions:
- Hitting a Survivor.
- Breaking a Pallet.
Bloodlust does not apply under the following conditions or will reset completely:
- Killers using their Power.
- Survivors walking will also prevent Bloodlust building up.
Change Log[edit | edit source]
- The following changes were made to the PTB-version of Bloodlust:
- Nerf: doubled the Decay rate from -10 % per second to -20 % per second, so that Bloodlust is lost after 5 seconds.
- Nerf: Bloodlust Progression resets when charging a Blink as The Nurse or teleporting to a Phantasm Trap as The Hag .
- Nerf: disabled Bloodlust Accumulation when cloaked as The Wraith or stalking as The Shape .
- Nerf: the Bloodlust Speed boost is no longer applied to a Lunge Attack.
- Quality of Life: added the Bloodlust Status Effect.
- Nerf: disabled Bloodlust Accumulation when in Evil Within I as The Shape.
- Nerf: disabled Bloodlust Accumulation when revving Bubba's Chainsaw as The Cannibal .
- Nerf: increased the Tier-thresholds from 12/24/36 seconds to 15/30/45 seconds.
- The original threshold was deemed unintentional and Bloodlust was always meant to trigger every 15 seconds.
- Nerf: disabled Bloodlust Accumulation when revving the Chainsaw as The Hillbilly .
- Nerf: reduced the Speed boosts from +0.2/+0.6/+1.2 m/s to +0.2/+0.4/+0.6 m/s.