|“At first I actually believed that it was a pig that slept in front of me on the ground. An animal that somehow had eluded the banalities of my old life and managed to end up at this forsaken and forgotten place. But then it rose, from crouch to standing, with its lifeless eyes nailed to my person. I ran, as I have so brutally learnt to do. My curiosity halted my escape after a few feet and I hid in a cabinet. The Pig moved like a predator – and I saw: a human body wearing a pig's head as ornament. It walked by the cabinet and its snout was just a few inches away from me. I held my breath, aching for freedom. A sudden sound caught the pig's attention and it walked away. But not without giving me a last, final glance, as if it wanted to inform me that I was given a second chance. I will not get a third.”|
|~ Unknown (Potentially Benedict Baker)|
|Gideon Meat Plant|
Power Attack Type
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|90 % | 3.6 m/s (Crouch)|
|172.5 % | 6.9 m/s (Ambush Dash)|
|CHAPTER VII: The SAW™ Chapter|
|Christine Marsh (Associate Producer)|
She was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER VII: The SAW™ Chapter, a Chapter DLC released on 23 January 2018.
She originates from the 2004 Horror Movie franchise of the same name, SAW.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Pig's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Change Log
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
The Pig is a tormenting Killer, able to crouch into stealth mode, then ambush Survivors from a short distance. She can also apply Reverse Bear Traps to downed Survivors, forcing them to remove it before the timer runs out, triggering an instant death.
The focus of her Perks is on pain and torture. A Hook is not that easy to flee from and all Survivors will be seriously tested when it comes to Skill Checks.
Difficulty rating: Intermediate
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play her and use her Power effectively)
When John Kramer, better known as Jigsaw, planned for his son to be born during the Chinese Zodiac's Year of the Pig, he wanted it to represent fertility and rebirth; a new beginning for him and his wife, and the start of a charmed life for his son. But that plan was shattered on the night that a junkie broke into his wife's clinic, hoping to score.
After this event resulted in the death of his unborn son, John finally caught up with the junkie, making him his first test subject, and The Pig was changed forever too. It became a representation of the disease that was rotting John from the inside, a reminder that we are just meat unless we elevate ourselves by our actions, by grasping life from the jaws of death. The Pig became a vessel, an agent of Jigsaw, conveying the subjects to their test. For some of those who emerged victorious, The Pig could still be a rebirth, into their new lives as apprentices, even disciples, of Jigsaw.
That was the case for Amanda Young, a troubled soul, whose life had been a catalogue of harm, both to herself and those around her. That changed when she faced, and bested, Jigsaw's test. Deciding her life was worth something, she became devoted to Jigsaw's cause, ready to take over when cancer consumed him.
But she became more dependent on John, her anguish at his impending death combining with a belief that their test subjects weren't capable of saving themselves, of being reborn in the crucible of the games.
Seeing this, John presented her with another game, another chance to save herself, but Amanda let her rage and jealousy rule her actions. She failed the test and took a bullet as a consequence.
Bleeding out on the tiled floor, darkness engulfed Amanda's vision, accompanied by a sound like creaking wood. Then she was in a forest, once more viewing the world through the eyes of a Pig. Trees surrounded her, their branches clawing at her from all sides. Waves of panic washed over her and she could hear her breath reverberating inside the mask.
Had she been damned, cursed to spend her days here, in this guise? Or maybe this was another test? Maybe she hadn't failed at all? John always thought one step ahead of everyone else, planned for every eventuality, and he would never give up on her, surely?
Jigsaw may have gone but he had passed her onto another. A being for whom she would be The Pig again.
Ultimately, she saw now that she had been right in the choices she had made. The time for games was over. There was no chance of redemption for any of them. They were meat, and meat was destined to die.
The Pig's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Pig's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Hangman's Trick - Level 30
- Surveillance - Level 35
- Make Your Choice - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Pig's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability and your ingenious modifications to Hooks alert you of tampering.
"No excuses, no equivocations... No crying." — Amanda Young
Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability.
Surveillance increases the audible range of Survivors' Generator-repairing noises by 8 metres.
"Are you gonna behave?" — Amanda Young
|Make Your Choice||
Each time a Survivor is rescued from a Hook when you are at least 32 metres away, Make Your Choice activates:
Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 40/50/60 seconds.
"You'd be surprised what tools can save a life." — Amanda Young
Weapon: Hidden Blade
A razor-sharp blade, attached to a mechanical contraption that can conceal or extend it.
Power: Jigsaw's Baptism
|Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles.
The Pig can move stealthily, dash in Ambush Attacks and put deadly Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors' heads.
The Pig starts the Trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps.
Inactive Reverse Bear Traps:
While standing over a Survivor who is in the Dying State , press the Active Ability button to place an Inactive Reverse Bear Trap on that Survivor's head.
- Survivors may attempt to free themselves from an Inactive Reverse Bear Trap by searching Jigsaw Boxes for the key.
- Jigsaw Boxes are located around the environment.
- Survivors may leave through an Exit Gate while wearing an Inactive Reverse Bear Trap.
Active Reverse Bear Traps:
Whenever a Generator is completed, all currently Inactive Reverse Bear Trap will activate:
- Active Reverse Bear Traps initiate the Death timer, a countdown timer displayed on the Survivor's Status icon that expires after 150 seconds.
- Once the Death timer expires, the Active Reverse Bear Traps snaps shut, automatically sacrificing the Survivor.
- A Survivor attempting to leave the Trial Grounds through an Exit Gate with an Active Reverse Bear Traps immediately trips the Reverse Bear Trap.
- The Death timer is paused whenever the Survivor is being chased by The Pig or is in the Dying State.
SPECIAL ABILITY: Crouch
Press the Active Ability button to crouch and uncrouch.
- When crouched, The Pig is granted the Undetectable Status Effect at the cost of moving at a slower speed (3.6 m/s).
"You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. The marks on your arms, they're from another life. We'll leave that life behind. When you walk down that corridor there is no turning back. Do you understand that?" — Jigsaw's Baptism
- Jigsaw Box Search duration: 12 seconds by default.
- Jigsaw Box Skill Check Trigger chance: 80 % each second.
- Transition to Crouched State: 1.3 seconds by default.
- Reverse Bear Trap Timer duration: 150 seconds by default.
- Reverse Bear Trap Setting time: 3.3 seconds by default.
- Ambush Dash Charge time: 0.75 seconds by default.
- Ambush Dash Missed Hit cool-down: 2 seconds.
- Ambush Dash Successful Hit cool-down 3 seconds.
- Ambush Dash duration: 2 seconds maximum.
Add-ons for Jigsaw's Baptism
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
|Workshop Grease||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the lubricated parts make the search a more delicate exercise.
|Shattered Syringe||Symbol of a broken way of life. Reminiscing about her past-self hardens her determination.
|John's Medical File||The medical file of a cancerous man. Fills the reader with dread and recklessness.
|Combat Straps||Leather straps that hold fabric in place for nimbler movement.
|Video Tape||A recording of Jigsaw, explaining the game's rules to Amanda. Reminiscing about her past-self hardens her determination.
|Utility Blades||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: sharp blades attached to the Trap's interior lacerate the victim with every movement.
|Razor Wires||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of razor sharp wires makes it extra difficult and potentially painful to search them.
|Last Will||A latched wooden box with a satin lining, offered as part of a last will.
|Face Mask||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: the heavy cloth face mask, laced with a sedative, partially suffocates the target, making it hard to concentrate.|
|Slow-Release Toxin||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: a poison that is not fatal, but weakens the body and makes it nearly impossible to recover fully from any effort.
|Rusty Attachments||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: mouth spikes, covered with crusty and volatile rust spots that make injuries particularly difficult to heal.
|Jigsaw's Annotated Plan||A disturbing, yet brilliant, Trap design laid down on paper and annotated by Jigsaw.
|Interlocking Razor||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of interlocking razor blades makes it impossible to move suddenly in the Jigsaw Box without slitting one's wrists.
|Bag of Gears||A few mechanical parts that allow the creation of challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.
|Tampered Timer||A timer that has been fiddled with. A spring in the mechanism forces the gears to turn faster.
|Jigsaw's Sketch||A disturbing, yet brilliant, Trap design sketched in detail on a sheet of paper.
|Crate of Gears||This collection of mechanical parts allows the creation of extra-challenging Jigsaw Boxes and Reverse Bear Traps that are easier to install.
|Amanda's Secret||A black metal box containing a knife and various medical supplies, such as bandages and compresses. Deep cuts reduce stress and awaken the senses.
|Rules Set No.2||Not all games need to have the same rules.
"Listen, there are rules." — Jigsaw
|Amanda's Letter||A blackmailing Letter for the attention of Amanda. Fills the reader with rage and focus.
"Amanda, you were with Cecil the night Jill lost Gideon. You killed their child. You know it and I know it." — Amanda's Letter
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Pig.
|Adept Pig||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Pig using only her Unique Perks: Hangman's Trick , Surveillance & Make Your Choice .|
|I Want to Play a Game||With The Pig , put 125 Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors.|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Pig reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Pig's attire includes:
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Pig is currently part of 1 DLC:
- Quality of Life: fixed an issue that caused The Pig to vault more slowly than other Killers.
- Quality of Life: reduced the footstep audio.
- Buff: reduced the Crouch State transition time from 2 seconds to 1.3 seconds.
- Nerf: increased The Pig's the Terror Radius from 28 metres to 32 metres.
- This was done to standardise her Terror Radius with that of other 4.6 m/s Killers.
- Buff: reduced the fade-in/fade-out timers for the Terror Radius from 6.6 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Nerf: Reverse Bear Traps only become active when a Generator is completed.
- This means that they no longer activate when initiating the Endgame Collapse .
- Nerf: inactive Reverse Bear Traps no longer trigger when attempting to leave via the Exit Gate.
- Nerf: The Pig's Ambush Attack is no longer considered a Basic Attack.
- Quality of Life: adjusted The Pig's speed curves for crouching and uncrouching to be smoother.
- Nerf: adjusted The Pig's Carrying speed to match that of other Killers, reducing it from 3.85 m/s or 96.25 % to 3.68 m/s or 92 %.
- This was due to an oversight. The Pig's code is mostly copy-pasted from The Huntress, who, as a 4.4 m/s Killer, uses a higher Carrying speed modifier (x0.8365), which was not adjusted to the fact that The Pig is a 4.6 m/s Killer.
- Buff: updated The Pig's Power with the Undetectable Status Effect.
- The Pig was the first Killer with two different Weapon cool-downs.
- The Pig was the first Killer to have a secondary interaction with downed Survivors other than the Memento Mori .
- The Pig was the second Killer, and currently remains the only one, to have a secondary Attack mode with her Ambush Dash.
- The Pig was the fourth female Killer and remains the only female licensed Killer.
- The Pig was the fifth Killer to wear a Mask.
- The Pig was the seventh licensed Character and the fourth licensed Killer to be added to Dead by Daylight.
- Due to residual code from The Huntress that was used as a basis for The Pig, her carrying speed multiplier was never adjusted to her being a standard Killer in terms of Movement speed, allowing her to carry slightly faster than any other Killer.
- With Patch 3.2.1, this was ultimately adjusted.
- The Pig is one of just two Killers with an alternative way of killing Survivors by using her Reverse Bear Traps.
For more go to the Pig's Gallery
+ CHAPTER I
|Dwight Fairfield||Meg Thomas||Claudette Morel||Jake Park||Nea Karlsson|
|CHAPTERS II - V
+ PARAGRAPH I
|Laurie Strode||Ace Visconti||Bill Overbeck||Feng Min||David King|
|CHAPTERS VI - X||Quentin Smith||David Tapp||Kate Denson||Adam Francis||Jeff Johansen|
|CHAPTERS XI - XIV
+ PARAGRAPH III
|Jane Romero||Ash Williams||Nancy Wheeler||Steve Harrington||Yui Kimura|
|CHAPTERS XV - XIX||Zarina Kassir||Cheryl Mason||Felix Richter||Élodie Rakoto||Yun-Jin Lee|
|CHAPTER XX||Jill Valentine||Leon Scott Kennedy|
+ CHAPTERS I - II
|Evan MacMillan - The Trapper||Philip Ojomo - The Wraith||Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly||Sally Smithson - The Nurse||Michael Myers - The Shape|
|CHAPTERS III - VI
+ PARAGRAPH II
|Lisa Sherwood - The Hag||Herman Carter - The Doctor||Anna - The Huntress||Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal||Freddy Krueger - The Nightmare|
|CHAPTERS VII - XI||Amanda Young - The Pig||Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown||Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit||Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey - The Legion||Adiris - The Plague|
|CHAPTERS XII - XV||Danny Johnson - The Ghost Face||The Demogorgon||Kazan Yamaoka - The Oni||Caleb Quinn - The Deathslinger||Pyramid Head - The Executioner|
|CHAPTERS XVI - XX||Talbot Grimes - The Blight||Victor & Charlotte Deshayes - The Twins||Ji-Woon Hak - The Trickster||Nemesis T-Type - The Nemesis|
|Chris Redfield||Claire Redfield||Cybil Bennett||Jonathan Byers||Lisa Garland||The Look-See|
|ULTRA RARE CHARACTERS|
|The Krampus||The Minotaur|
|Alessa Gillespie||The Birch|
|Alex||Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|